Author Topic: New Shotgun Not Ejecting Shells  (Read 782 times)

Offline Gordo

• Trade Count: (0)
New Shotgun Not Ejecting Shells
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
The grandson and I received our new New England Pardner 26" 20 GA on the 11th of January....took it out to the range and encountered problem{s} after the 1st shot.   1st Shot went off ok and next 15 rounds, we had to use a dowel to "poke out" the empties.   Using "reloads" and all Remington Gun Clubs 2 3/4".   Went home and cleaned that new shotgun to a T....went back following week and it went from BAD to WORST.....first shell was ok and then every shell would stick and not eject.  We had the Savage O/U {20} and we set aside every round that wouldn't thru the NEF but no problem with the Savage.   Was told that sometimes "guns get touchy" about reloads but we have never had a problem with the Winchester 1300, CZ USA and the Savage 20.   We went to the reloading room....empties all 55 boxes of 20 GA Gun Clubs that we had loaded....l lined up the 20 GA shotguns,starting with the new NEF....had a total of 1391 rounds loaded.  799 fit into the barrel, and 592 would not.  Back at the range...every round that we couldn't close the action on with the NEF...we inserted the round into the SAVAGE and it fired EVERY TIME.  I put the ones that would fit into a 5 gallon pail, the others that wouldn't went into another 5 gallon pail.   Then attempted to put them into the Savage and the CZ...EVERYONE FIT AND EJECTED.  We are taking {only ones from the 799 bunch that fit into the NEF} to the range and will shoot again and in all the years of reloading...25 years +.....never once had a shell hang up nor a misfire.  20 + years with the Browning Citori...same...

I have written Remington Firearms in Illion NY this date regarding the shotgun that won't eject.   I'm at a complete loss to understand what is going on...

The Winchester, Savage & CZ insert and eject.  The NEF doesn't.  We have cleaned that firearm 3 times, took a steel wire brush and brushed the barrel.

I can't believe that out of the 1391 rounds, only 799 even fit.  I have never adjusted my rounds from the day we bought the MEC 600 Jr. reloaders for either the 12 or 20....Today at the Gun Shop...they told me that they have never encountered or heard about this problem...however, on the internet you can read "sob stories" about how others have had similiar problems but most of the replies were from 2008-2009 posts.   Another guy said that it probably was a Friday PM or Monday AM gun made.  I don't believe that either, but I do know that we have a new shotgun that isn't ejecting the shell and after 100 rounds....it won't be going to the range till I hear from Remington or what action they suggest/will take.  Any other 20 GA shotgun hang-ups from you guys with similiar firearm?  Thanks in advance.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New Shotgun Not Ejecting Shells
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »
If you want to fix it yourself, see the USH Stuck Shell sticky, if not, contact H&R and make arrangements to send it back for repair, I'd ask them to cover return shipping so you don't have to pay for it, ask for Lisa Walters when you call.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Gordo

• Trade Count: (0)
Excellent Customer Service from H&R Offices
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »
My grandson and I had purchased a H&R 20 GA Pardner on the 26th of December, received it on the 11th of January 2013.  We were having problems with it ejecting the fired rounds.   I wrote their offices in Ilion NY and in Madison North Carolina.  This morning at 538 AM {PST}...I received 3 emails.  1 from NY, 1 from NC and 1 from UPS.  H&R said they were sorry that the firearm wasn't ejecting....they had UPS send us a return label to ship it back for replacement/repair.  I emailed them back and Thanks them for excellent customer service.  I had cleaned the shotgun at least 8 times, took it to the range 3 times and glad that I had a "dowel" in the back of the vehicle to poke out the fired rounds.  Our gun shop wrapped and packed the shotgun and its on its way back to Ilion NY tonight.  I was told that H&R has/had customer service 2nd to none...it was "right on"...I was impressed.

Looking forward to getting the shotgun either fixed or replaced and the No Charge plus shipping 2 and from....can't beat that either.