Author Topic: Brady handgun control  (Read 723 times)

Offline clum sum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Brady handgun control
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »
Just used www.bradycampaigh.org/ to tell My US Senator what I thought, You are limited to so many words but You can get Your message across. That is if it is really sent. If everyone sent from this sight and it gets through it should make a difference.
A man's hand shake is his bond.
                     Joe R. Risley Jr.

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: Brady handgun control
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:41:41 PM »
Your link is broken - this is (I think) the correct link: http://www.bradycampaign.org/
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:50:32 AM »
Well...

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:06:03 AM »
"click this link to show your SUPPORT"  Probably they get the vote but do not read the comments.  will try another place
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:19 AM »
I would not click on any thing with her name on it. I went the official Senate site yesterday and sent a long very negative gun control letter. This morning I had an email telling me that as I am not from here state my email would not be sent and I should resent it I wanted her to see it. I thought that was pretty slick. Type it again and most likely get the same message again.

Offline jhm

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:34 AM »
     That site is only interested in hearing from their supporters and donors, just like Osama he ONLY has people on stage that agree with him, you will never see a LEO who dosent share his opinion, nor will you ever see a parent who doesnt agree with him is is all a dog and pony show ar our expense, and I am too old to go to a CIRCUS anymore.  Jim

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »
Quote from jhm:
"     That site is only interested in hearing from their supporters and donors, just like Osama he ONLY has people on stage that agree with him, you will never see a LEO who dosent share his opinion, nor will you ever see a parent who doesnt agree with him is is all a dog and pony show ar our expense, and I am too old to go to a CIRCUS anymore.  Jim"

Please tell me the last time any president when rolling out proposed legislation has opposition at his side.
GuzziJohn

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
Maybe it's the Cherokee in me but I'm a bit hesitant to put my name on anything being sent to anyone in the Government right now. Think about it. If they ever do go door to door then guess who's doors they'll go to first?  They'll have a ready list of gun owners, even those who own unregistered guns! Not saying don't be heard. Just saying be mighty careful of what petitions you put your name to. Make dang sure they are legit!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »
Spirithawk, You may be a bit paranoid.  But take heart you are not alone my friend, I have serious reservations too.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:03 AM »
Spirithawk, You may be a bit paranoid.  But take heart you are not alone my friend, I have serious reservations too.  ;)

Yep, I'd rather be paranoid and safe than careless and find myself lip deep in crap. ;)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 12:34:07 PM »
Trust me, they already know who most of us are!!!
I know they know who I am.

LONGTOM

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:00:32 PM »
i wrote to barbara boxer a while back voicing my opposition to an anti-gun proposal she was making and i got a reply that she would "Add you to the list of those who are opposed"...

hmmmmmmmm...i wonder.... :-\ ??? :(
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:19 AM »
Please don't just do nothing as this helps their side then we may loose another right.  They work on our rights a little at a time until we have no way to defend ourselves.  They will never give up  but we can't either.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »
Please don't just do nothing as this helps their side then we may loose another right.  They work on our rights a little at a time until we have no way to defend ourselves.  They will never give up  but we can't either.
I'm not saying don't do anything, just be careful what you do. Be sure you know who is sponsering anything you sign your name to.