Author Topic: The Canadians are coming !  (Read 796 times)

Offline Anna

• Trade Count: (0)
The Canadians are coming !
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
Finally some real intelligence coming here from across one of our borders ! We just got three new
nurses from Canada and I will say you guys really have your act together .
I'm supposed to get a new Doc from Canada next week to help me with my case load .
Oh thank you Jesus I might actually get some time off now .

Offline powderman

Re: The Canadians are coming !
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »
Finally some real intelligence coming here from across one of our borders ! We just got three new
nurses from Canada and I will say you guys really have your act together .
I'm supposed to get a new Doc from Canada next week to help me with my case load .
Oh thank you Jesus I might actually get some time off now .

ANNA. Great news, and they speak ENGLISH, uhhh usually. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
An thinly veiled ethnic slur against our beloved southern neighbors in a public forum?

Walk away Annie , drop it and do it NOW ! I've been involved in my work in to many court cases
regarding things like this to not know what I am talking about .

Offline Anna

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
An thinly veiled ethnic slur against our beloved southern neighbors in a public forum?

Walk away Annie , drop it and do it NOW ! I've been involved in my work in to many court cases
regarding things like this to not know what I am talking about .

WOW! I am so happy to see that you can actually read and comprehend . I guess those two blocks
to the head didn't mess you up to awfully bad even though your still drooling a little. You can actually still recite a simple sentance on your own.
Polly want a cracker ? Or is that how your handlers pay you ?

Offline Duke0313

• Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:28:03 PM »
Did they bring their tuques, eh?
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
One thing for sure, the pay is better your way. We do have shortages of personnel here so I wonder what other reasons they might have to leave Canada.     Ooh wait, they can pack heat!! ;D ;D

BTW. A fair number of MD's up here are from other countries and their English is not always top notch.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Anna

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:15:18 AM »
They work in some partnership with the facility's I do. The nurses are here to help us with the case
load over at the hospice building. It's getting hard to find qualified people now days that can pass the
back ground check. They have the option to stay but that will be up to them , one of them is single
and she is thinking about it. The Doc isn't here yet but he will be helping me here and up in the
Santa Fe facility because its to much area for me to cover by myself .

Yes Duke they did bring their caps or skullys as one of them calls it. I had to ask one of them what
a tuque was lol ? And if she brought one , she had just came to work and told me its what I'm
wearing on my head Anna ! Duhhh . She also speaks fluent French so its a great chance for me to
brush up in that . But BBF it is a different French from what I know and the pronunciation is totally
different. Add to that her accent and we keep correcting each other. I ran into that down in
Louisiana with the Cajuns, their French is creole and is so different we barely could understand
each other.

But to be honest between the Cajuns and the Canadians it is my French that is out of place and not
theirs. Mines more Southern Belgian or walloon sounding is what they say with a hint of Dutch.
But in France I can clean it up a little and do just fine there . But it's Switzerland in the western
cantons that was a real challenge where the accent is very direct. It's hard to believe that a single
language could have all these variations but it does apparently. I wonder if its that way with English
when you get around someone from say Australia ? 

P.S. And they do say " Eh" a lot lol .  ;D

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
I don't speak French short of a couple of cusswords ;D  Folks that I know that speak France type French also tell me the Quebecois have an accent,partially because it is a stagnant  lingo in that region.

Re English. There are a lot of liberties taken with the Queens version. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »
RNs are on a national pay scale in Canada. They make way less than US RNs for the first ten years or so, so a lot of them come here. After ten years, they are high enough in experience (experience they get in the US counts) that they can go back and make nearly what they'd make here.

two-blocked--- I'm still waiting for the subpoenas I was promised!  ;)
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Anna

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
What makes you think it would be me ? Besides I think they handle that in a different way and it's mostly over the women comments anyhow so you might be surprised .
Anyway the nurses are making a lot more here than they did in Canada . We had some years back
that were from the Phillipines but they just were not qualified enough. I don't know what the regs
in that country but evidently they were not up to standards here.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 02:45:35 AM »
Surely you jest ?
LaBatt beer !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 03:11:16 AM »
Never met a Canadian I didn't like. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:14 AM »
you need to visit there more . Most are very nice to a fault but in the french speaking areas I have seen a different attitude from  more than a few. Up around Selkirk you will find the people are great and will help you with hunting and finding birds.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !