Author Topic: Vast majority of gunowners would defy gun ban.  (Read 904 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Vast majority of gunowners would defy gun ban.
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:24:37 AM »
Vast Majority of Gun Owners Would Defy Ban, Poll Shows    If the government were to pass an unconstitutional law purporting to ban firearms, two thirds of Americans with guns in their household say they would defy the lawless legislation and refuse to comply, according to a recent poll conducted by Fox News. Even the majority of Democrat and liberal gun owners would refuse to surrender their weapons, the survey revealed. Most Americans also believe that more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens — not gun bans — would help reduce crime.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/con...ban-poll-shows 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Vast majority of gunowners would defy gun ban.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:14:31 AM »
of course

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:07:30 AM »
Good read, Thanks Powderman

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:25:23 AM »
Don't underestamate the liberal mind set.
Once outlawed the penality for being caught with one may be so severe that most people wouldn't chance defying the law!

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:36:01 AM »
Once outlawed the penality for being caught with one may be so severe that most people wouldn't chance defying the law!

Such gutless individuals deserve to pay the ultimate penalty.  They deserve no freedom what-so-ever.

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:14 AM »
LIKE if you think it's wrong to restrict the rights of American citizens, while providing weapons to Egypt
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 351 power

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
how long do you think it would take to confiscate all the firearms over there? probably 100 yrs. they tried to get all our guns registered, never mind confiscated, for 12 yrs and never got 50% compliance. the number of arms you have could not be collected in 500yrs. every time they talk about it there is a sales boom and price gouging. no way to turn the tide
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:05 AM »

Such gutless individuals deserve to pay the ultimate penalty.  They deserve no freedom what-so-ever.

Look around .
My union local is about 90% rednecks that all own guns and hunt.
And about 99% of them voted for obma!!!!
Infact I don't know anyone other than me that didn't vote for him in my local.
Except for the ones that didn't vote at all! ::)
This coutry is full of sheep.
So much so that the government is even teaching them how to HIDE from danger in schools and places of work instead of fighting back when the need arises.
I don't consider myself gutless,, but I don't have any sawed off shotguns shorter than 18" and I have no full autos hid in the barn either.

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 03:36:33 AM »
I wonder what would happen if "the guvmint" decided to ban anything else that is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.  Actually, I believe as Judge Shapiro said on Fox last night that the right to keep and bear arms doesn't in fact come from the Constitution; it is a natural right--just as breathing air doesn't have to be specified by any government document.

I think even our present communist government would have to think long and hard about the hornets nest they might stir up if they went for confiscation of so-called assault weapons.  They might try to do it a little at a time and hopefully they would choose Washington D.C. for a test case.  That should keep the commies occupied and maybe the rest of the country would get fed up and throw the bastards out.
Swingem

Offline jhm

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
     I honestly believe if the govn. banned all guns, there are enough people with knowledge on building guns that it would go UNDERGROUND and weapons would still be avail. for a price, there is enough information on the internet now to get any backyard gunsmith started, how many here repair their own or know someone who can.  Jim

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 06:21:25 AM »
     I honestly believe if the govn. banned all guns, there are enough people with knowledge on building guns that it would go UNDERGROUND and weapons would still be avail. for a price, there is enough information on the internet now to get any backyard gunsmith started, how many here repair their own or know someone who can.  Jim
Yes but we are talking about numbers.
One gun here and one over there isn't much use other than just home defence from the local gangbangers.
Once the government steps in it's all out war on the citizens.
Check out Randy Weaver and waco  where the world watched the political correct way for the government to murder it's own citizens. .

Offline Anna

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 06:24:52 AM »
I can't imagine being a single woman and not being able to defend myself . About two years ago I
had an illegal crawl up in my barn and he was a very big man. I speak a little Spanish and when I
went out there with a shotgun he asked me to please not shoot him .
He said he was just cold , thirsty and very hungry and meant no harm. I told him he could stay there
for the night and I got him some food and water, that's what Jesus would do . He fixed some of my
fences the next day in exchange for a little money and for the food. Then he was gone, but I always
think about what if it had been the other way around ? This guy was nice, but not all people are so
appetitive so being unarmed is not an option for me .

Besides my dogs liked him and dogs can sense a bad person but the liability of your dog attacking
someone on your property or not is something you have got to consider. Dogs are a great deterrent
and excellent alarms to an intruder. But I have the gun so like in a situation like this it all turned out
good for both party's . My dogs are trained to heel , but if I'm not here to tell them that then an intruder is on their own. Thankfully I haven't ran into that situation yet . But I also have a horse that thinks its a dog and can be very aggressive with strangers . And an angery horse can hurt you.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
I wonder what would happen if "the guvmint" decided to ban anything else that is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.  Actually, I believe as Judge Shapiro said on Fox last night that the right to keep and bear arms doesn't in fact come from the Constitution; it is a natural right--just as breathing air doesn't have to be specified by any government document.

I think even our present communist government would have to think long and hard about the hornets nest they might stir up if they went for confiscation of so-called assault weapons.  They might try to do it a little at a time and hopefully they would choose Washington D.C. for a test case.  That should keep the commies occupied and maybe the rest of the country would get fed up and throw the bastards out.
I think the days of kicking them out by vote is over.  When you add up blacks, Latinos, Asians, and dead people, we are outnumbered.

Offline Anna

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
But then you still have all these kids that have learned a few things over in the sand box.
They have seen first hand what happens to an unarmed public thats caught in the middle .
Or what an IED can do in the wrong hands .

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
Vast Majority of Gun Owners Would Defy Ban, Poll Shows    If the government were to pass an unconstitutional law purporting to ban firearms, two thirds of Americans with guns in their household say they would defy the lawless legislation and refuse to comply, according to a recent poll conducted by Fox News. Even the majority of Democrat and liberal gun owners would refuse to surrender their weapons, the survey revealed. Most Americans also believe that more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens — not gun bans — would help reduce crime.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/con...ban-poll-shows
You can hire a survey to show anything you want it to show and without actually committing fraud. The mere fact that it was a "Fox News" survey gives it a strong conservative bias, let MSNBC ask the same questions and the results would reverse, then let them word the questions differently and even you might be counted as favoring gun control.
 But if they are banned, and you don't comply with the law, what are you going to do with those illegal weapons? You can't take them out in public and play with them so what good are they to you? Hide them in your attic? Bury them in the back yard of your rented property? Might make the neighbors a bit nervous to see you out there digging a great deep hole by moonlight and if you get caught then you'll not only go to prison but you'll never again be able to legally own even a singleshot .22 or air rifle. I'm sure Australian gun owners said the same thing but how many still own a Remington 742 or a Winchester model 12, never mind a 1911 Colt?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Cleburne

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »
"I'm sure Australian gun owners said the same thing but how many still own a Remington 742 or a Winchester model 12, never mind a 1911 Colt?"

We might be pleasantly surprised. :) Though I believe as has been said elsewhere, if it's time to bury your guns, it's time to use them.

But no matter what anyone else does, I know where I stand. It's plain to see that we no longer have a representative government. The politicians in power are ambitious, greedy and out of control, persuing their own agendas. Let 'em continue to push. I'll delight when they're pulled from their ivory towers to face justice.

Offline Anna

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
It seems funny to me that down under a lot of nasty crocs still show up with bullets in their heads .
A lot of criminals too , they no longer call the cops they take care of it themselves .
Maybe this is why violent crime down there is at an all time low , not because of guns but because
of home grown vigilantes with guns.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »
Writing of Down Under. I haven't seen any posts from our members from that place.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.