Author Topic: Boyd's Left-Hand Thumbhole Stocks FINALLY!!  (Read 668 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Boyd's Left-Hand Thumbhole Stocks FINALLY!!
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:44 AM »
This has been wanted for a loooong time, they don't have any in stock yet, but they have em listed so are workin on em!!

Tim

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=17687&cat=undefined
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Boyd's Left-Hand Thumbhole Stocks FINALLY!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
I ordered a right handed thumbhole set and forend from Boyds a month or so ago.  I've not fitted it yet, but just so you aren't surprised like I was the forend will take A LOT of fitting.  The channel is set up for a Sportster 22Lr and the forend screw is not counter sunk into the bottom.  To get the spacer to be near flush with the bottom of the forend the channel will need to be deepened a little more than 1/8".  And I'll bet the cutout for the screw post will need to be deepened as well.  Oh, and you will need to install the spacer too.

I really do like the shape of the forend (it's tapered) and the rounded front where a normal handi forend is flat.  I just didn't expect it to require this much fitting.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
I have no interest in their left hand stocks, nor their forends for that matter, just lettin those that have been asking for left hand t-holes for many years know about em.  ;) Their stocks are true bolt ons, I have a bunch of their right-hand t-holes, never had a problem with them, they now even come with a stock bolt, none of mine did.  :o

Tim

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »
This has been wanted for a loooong time, they don't have any in stock yet, but they have em listed so are workin on em!!

Tim

Uuuhhhhhhh... my nephew's 270 Handi is wearing a left handed set right now. I got it 2 months ago. ;)

Spanky

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
It's good to see someone looking out for us southpaws :)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:28 AM »

Tim

Uuuhhhhhhh... my nephew's 270 Handi is wearing a left handed set right now. I got it 2 months ago. ;)

Spanky

They didn't have any in stock yesterday, I see you have never mentioned it before, thanks for sharing! :-X

Tim

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »

Tim

Spanky

They didn't have any in stock yesterday, I see you have never mentioned it before, thanks for sharing! :-X

Tim

I didn't even think of it. :-[   The lady I talked to when I ordered them said they weren't a regular production item and they only had 2 sets left. She told me that when they were gone they were gone.  I'm glad to see they are offering them now though.

Spanky