Author Topic: New Website In The Works For H+R/NEF?  (Read 863 times)

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
New Website In The Works For H+R/NEF?
« on: February 16, 2004, 12:29:54 PM »
I was thinking that as our dealine approaches to gather old information off the old site, they will probably update or change that site a bit. Hopefully they post some helpful information for prospective buyers. You know, the kind of information they used to be able to get from the forum.
Don

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:42:04 PM »
i dont think they will, i dont think they really care at this point. they will go back to not having the info there. i dont think customer service matters at all to them.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 12:57:06 PM »
They probably had to amke room for the big MADE IN CHINA sign that will go next to the Made in USA. Maybe they will dedicatethe new found webspace to communist propaganda. My guess is that they will do nothing. What I'd really like to see is a link to customer service. It would be so easy for them to do that and not that pricey.It would be well worth the investment.It's not convenient for me to call them during the day and it's a toll call. What kind of company doesn't have an 800 number.I work for a small business and my wife has a home based photography business and we both have 800 numbers.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 10:12:45 AM »
Isn't it amazing how those that profited by our purchases could treat us so poorly, and give us the least amount of consideration, while we have been treated like gold here. That H+R/NEF now made in China sign should be big enough for all to see. It speaks volumes as to the future of the company. Hang on to those American made guns, there going to be as rare as Browning made in Belgium.
Don

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 10:50:43 AM »
MADE IN CHINA!!!!!!!!! IMPORTED BY MARLIN/NEF/H&R. no more american made for them. but the better business bureau will get an email from me about false advertising. and i hope they fine them like everyone else that have done this been. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  and did not metion i am not going to buy another gun from them........... if not, i am not going to buy another NEF/H&R with a ser. # after 2003. i will add barrels, or buy used. but no more for me. i know my couple guns a year won't matter at all, but i will feel alittle better not buying any more. it kinda makes me wonder what parts in my H&R/NEF gun are made in china????????? nope i am not even going to think about it.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 10:58:13 AM »
We all have a right to blow off some steam. I will still buy their AMERICAN made products. I do not blame H&R personally for closeing the site. I figure their lawyers forced them into it. Plus maybe it was really expensive to run. Just ask Graybeard he can tell you it is not cheap. That is why he has sponsors. Maybe H&R should have tried letting scope manufatures advertise on their sight. Would have helped with expenses. Mostly though it was the legality of it. You know what they say: What do call a 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.----A good start.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 11:41:12 AM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
You know what they say: What do call a 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.----A good start.
BBF

I thought it was called polution! :)  :-D  :)  :-D
Don

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 02:18:33 PM »
Quote from: Big Blue
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
You know what they say: What do call a 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.----A good start.
BBF

I thought it was called polution! :)  :-D  :)  :-D
Don

Yes... toxic waste!! :lol:    :devil2:
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline getom59

Made in China
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 04:32:35 PM »
What's this Made in China stuff in this post?  I've knew that H&R closed down the forum at the marlin site but I haven't heard anything about Handi's being Made in China.  Closing the forum was a little disturbing to me but all-in-all I can understand H&R's point of view.  However, my impressions from the posts here about about handi's being made or parts being imported from China that more than disturbs me.  I just purchased a Handi 223 and if I'd heard about that I may have bought something else.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
The new handi pump shotgun and 22 auto loader are both chinese imports with H&R/NEFs name on them. :evil:

Oh and the web site don't cost them squat cuase you can list that as advertising and it is a %100 write off really it saves them cash in the long run.
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Badnews Bob
The new handi pump shotgun and 22 auto loader are both chinese imports with H&R/NEFs name on them. :evil:  

As for the rest of their products, as far as we know they are still made in the USA.   :-)
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline jon f

• Avid Poster
Imported semi auto
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 01:10:09 AM »
Come on guy's, do your homework.
The semi auto .22 they import is made in The Philipines by Squires Bingham.
             See you around... :roll:
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.