Author Topic: Iran unveils new radar evading fighter bomber.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Iran unveils new radar evading fighter bomber.
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »
Ahmadinejad unveils Iran's newest combat jet  Published February 02, 2013
Associated Press     
  •    Feb. 2, 2013: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, center, listens to an unidentified pilot during a ceremony to unveil Iran's newest fighter jet in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013. (AP)
  TEHRAN, Iran –  Iran unveiled on Saturday its newest combat jet, a domestically manufactured fighter-bomber that military officials claim can evade radar.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a ceremony broadcast on state TV that building the Qaher-313, or Dominant-313, shows Iran's will to "conquer scientific peaks."
The Qaher is one of several aircraft designs rolled out by the Iranian military since 2007. Tehran has repeatedly claimed to have developed advanced military technologies in recent years but its claims cannot be independently verified because the country does not release technical details of its arsenals.

The Islamic republic launched a self-sufficiency military program in the 1980s to compensate for a Western weapons embargo that banned export of military technology and equipment to Iran. Since 1992, Iran has produced its own tanks, armored personnel carriers, missiles, torpedoes, drones and fighter planes.
"Qaher-313 is a fully indigenous aircraft designed and built by our aerospace experts. This is a radar-evading plane that can fly at low altitude, carry weapons, engage enemy aircrafts and land at short airstrips," Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.
Some reports however suggest Iran's program relies on equipment supplied by major international defense contractors -- incorporating parts made abroad or reverse-engineered technologies into its domestic designs.

Still photos of the Qaher released by the official IRNA news agency and pictures on state TV show a single-seat jet. They described it as a fighter-bomber that can combat both other aircraft and ground targets.
Iran's English-language state Press TV said Qaher was similar to the American-made F/A-18, an advanced fighter capable of dogfighting as well as penetrating enemy air defenses to strike ground targets.

Physically, Press TV said, the aircraft resembles the F-5E/F Tiger II, a much older American design that Iran has had in its arsenal since it was supplied to the U.S.-allied regime of the Shah before Iran's 1979 revolution.
"Development depends on our will. If we don't have a will, no one can take us there," Ahmadinejad told the inauguration ceremony in Tehran. "Once we imported cars and assembled them here. Now, we are at a point where we can design, build and get planes in the air."

Iran unveiled what it said was its first domestically manufactured fighter jet, called Azarakhsh or Lightning, in 2007. In the same year, it claimed that Azarakhsh had reached industrial production stage.
Saeqeh, or Thunder, was a follow-up aircraft derived from Azarakhsh. Iran unveiled its first squadron of Saeqeh fighter bombers in an air show in September 2010.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/02/ahmadinejad-unveils-iran-newest-fighter-jet-dominant-described-as-evading/#ixzz2Jkyqvivl
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Iran unveils new radar evading fighter bomber.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 04:48:29 AM »
It looks to me like an amusement park ride.  I was unaware that they had an aircraft industry.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"It looks to me like an amusement park ride.  I was unaware that they had an aircraft industry."

They do, building from Revell plastic model kits and some fancy camera and photoshop work. ;D
GuzziJohn

Offline Anna

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
And JANE's says this conflagration crashed two days after this came out killing the pilot.
Stating severe hydraulic problems and computer interaction with those systems .

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Before WW II the US laughed at the japaese military since they felt they could do was build cheap toys.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:44 AM »

"It looks to me like an amusement park ride.  I was unaware that they had an aircraft industry."

There's lots of things lots of people don't know.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
Before WW II the US laughed at the japaese military since they felt they could do was build cheap toys.

Iran is not even in the same realm as Japan.  As well, Japan's military was decapitated by the Allies. Most of their equipment and personnel were cut of from supplies making them impotent at best.  Weapons alone does not make a competent military.

Although I do think we should toss a couple GBU-57A/B Penetrator's over at Iran's nuclear ambitions....
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:34:10 AM »
So many different technologies with the skilled people to use them have to come together perfectly for stealth to work, let alone the cost. I just cannot believe that Iran is at that point or even close.
GuzziJohn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
Smart to built their own

I see another posters thinks it is a good idea to bomb Iran. One of these days one of those countries will bite back and it may not be what you expectand you get paid for warmongering.  ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:40:46 AM »

Iran is not even in the same realm as Japan.  As well, Japan's military was decapitated by the Allies. Most of their equipment and personnel were cut of from supplies making them impotent at best.  Weapons alone does not make a competent military.

Although I do think we should toss a couple GBU-57A/B Penetrator's over at Iran's nuclear ambitions....

Here, let me edit it for you. 

"Although I do think we should toss a couple GBU-57A/B Penetrator's over at Israel's nuclear ambitions...."

That's more like it.   ;)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »

Here, let me edit it for you. 

"Although I do think we should toss a couple GBU-57A/B Penetrator's over at Israel's nuclear ambitions...."

That's more like it.   ;)

Sorry, that's your twisted anti-semitic view, not mine... :o
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
Smart to built their own

I see another posters thinks it is a good idea to bomb Iran. One of these days one of those countries will bite back and it may not be what you expectand you get paid for warmongering.  ;)

Your right, we should just let them build their nukes, I'm sure they are going to be responsible citizens with them... ::)
Buckskin

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Your right, we should just let them build their nukes, I'm sure they are going to be responsible citizens with them... ::)

(shrug)They'll probably use them to keep other countries from projecting power against them. I can see why some wouldn't want that...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »

(shrug)They'll probably use them to keep other countries from projecting power against them. I can see why some wouldn't want that...

Well, we will soon find out.  Both Iran and North Korea will have them by the end of Obama's dynasty.
Buckskin

Offline Anna

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
Smart to built their own

RT has said that Russia wants no part of that out of Iran. They haven't spent the last 20 years on reconstruction only to be in a pi$$ing match with the US. Notice you haven't heard much out of
Chavez lately . Because Moscow told him to cool it .
It's the same thing with Castro, the Russians are just now enjoying a better lifestyle in trade and
cooperation . The last thing they want is another Cold War.   

Offline maddogg

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
Breaking News

It seems the Iranian Air Force has missplaced the bomber and they are now trying to find it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his
level and beat you with experience.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
So many different technologies with the skilled people to use them have to come together perfectly for stealth to work, let alone the cost. I just cannot believe that Iran is at that point or even close.
GuzziJohn

guzzi. Why not?? Wouldn't surprise me if your hero imam obama gave them the technology. The same hero who just armed his brotherhood in Egypt to fight against Israel. Your hero is pure evil. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »
[.

(shrug)

They'll probably use them to keep other countries from projecting power against them. I can see why some wouldn't want that...

Agreed.
I wouldn't want hundreds of them, just enough to let the trouble starters think trice before coming uninvited.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
[.

(shrug)

They'll probably use them to keep other countries from projecting power against them. I can see why some wouldn't want that...

Agreed.
I wouldn't want hundreds of them, just enough to let the trouble starters think trice before coming uninvited.
Iran's very real problem:  claimed possession of a real or imaginary nuke(s) and blamed for using them in some false flag attack on account of being radical hairpin terrorist madmen sophistry according to rivals....This is their real problem....neo-colonial West and israel moves in to annihilate them like lybia, iracq, afghanistan, syria, mali, and other not too distant histories.....the playing field has been manipulated for this eventuality.  That is their problem, not too enviable place to be. Yes, Canada will/has signed on to this stuff, too.
..TM7

Well if that's the endpoint, let them all have them and lets get this thing moving...
Buckskin

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 07:53:11 AM »
Yes we (Canada) has and at present the parliamentarians are discussing Mali( growl) >:(