Author Topic: gun control forums?  (Read 378 times)

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
gun control forums?
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
Anyone here look to see what is out there?  Or join?  How about becoming a memberof Handgun Control?  If you didn't keep a low profile, how long would it take for you to get kicked off?  You know, in the interest of honest factual debate.  I am thinking of how much more time I could waste (wife's view) if I had another forum to peruse.
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: gun control forums?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:26:34 AM »
Anyone here look to see what is out there?  Or join?  How about becoming a memberof Handgun Control?  If you didn't keep a low profile, how long would it take for you to get kicked off?  You know, in the interest of honest factual debate.  I am thinking of how much more time I could waste (wife's view) if I had another forum to peruse.

I have been writing, debating, publishing books, etc., about gun rights for decades and I'm not aware of converting a single liberal that way.  If you "infiltrate" an anti-gun site, youll be banned, apart from the fact that debating with liberals is a waste of time and effort. 

I have seen liberals converted to pro=gun by three things:  (1) An enjoyable introduction to shooting and seeing first hand that gun people are calm, well  mannered and civil and that shooting is a heck of a lot of fun; (2)   Race riots by minorities who burn down cities, riot and pull white people out of cars and beat them savagely; and ,(3) being pulled out of a car by a minority and beaten savagely.   I also know some liberals who were burglarized and car jacked who have seen the light.

As far as reasoned discourse, forget it.  Discourse is for energizing our base, not for converting the other side.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:10 AM »

I think one would find the same type forum as we see here on GB Political and PBS forums, only a mirror image.A majority of gun grabbers, with a handful of gun owners. A lot of venting, with very little factual debate. ;) Something to do in our spare time. The older I get, the more of (that) I have. Talk to you later folks, it's off to my daily water hole (Coffee shop) to try and find a Liberal to argue with ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Anna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

I think one would find the same type forum as we see here on GB Political and PBS forums, only a mirror image.A majority of gun grabbers, with a handful of gun owners. A lot of venting, with very little factual debate. ;) Something to do in our spare time. The older I get, the more of (that) I have. Talk to you later folks, it's off to my daily water hole (Coffee shop) to try and find a Liberal to argue with ;D

Lol & giggle, now that's an honest mod ! NW if your off to your coffee shop could you please leave
us our pacifiers ? 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:30:49 PM »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Haven't been there.. but I bet NW has an accurate picture of those forums.. ;) :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)