Author Topic: Hussein cuts military budget, eliminates BREAKFAST for our brave warriors.  (Read 588 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan Posted on February 3, 2013 by Cowboy Byte   obama-eats-1-450x299
If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.
But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.    Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists
can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.
The Army has stopped serving cooked breakfasts to some of the U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan as part of its drawdown, a move that prompted troops to write home asking their families and friends to send care packages with cereal, breakfast bars and other foods.

Read more: http://cowboybyte.com/18462/18462/#ixzz2Jqbzl200
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline two-blocked

Sounds legit.

Other sources report:
In a statement released by the Department of Defense, Jim Garamone of the American Forces Press Service said the reports surfaced "from a few forward operating bases in eastern Afghanistan's Paktika province that are closing or being turned over to Afghan security forces."
Colonel Joseph Wawro, the commander of the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, said breakfast and the midnight meal are now MREs (Meal, Ready-to-Eat) at the affected bases, while lunch and dinner are still served hot. He also noted most dining facilities have take-away items like cereal, granola, energy bars, milk, juice, fruit, etc. for supplemental snacking.
"This has absolutely nothing to do with the national budget and everything to do with our responsible reduction of forces," Wawro said.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/01/30/army-hot-breakfasts-in-afghanistan-cut-due-to-logistics-not-budget/

Offline guzzijohn

And now the rest of the story:

From the Washington Times:

The Army has stopped serving cooked breakfasts to some of the U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan as part of its drawdown, a move that prompted troops to write home asking their families and friends to send care packages with cereal, breakfast bars and other foods.

The Army told the Washington Guardian the current cutbacks began Jan. 1, and affect about 2,700 soldiers deployed in forward operating bases in more remote areas of Afghanistan.

Officials said the reduction of cooked breakfasts and midnight meals is not related to the U.S. budget crisis, but rather is part of the effort to begin closing down U.S. operations in the affected areas and transition them to Afghan troops. The affected soldiers are being given packaged meals known as MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) as substitutes for a cooked breakfast, the officials said.

“As a part of the responsible draw down of operational forces serving in Afghanistan, my staff examined ways to reduce our footprint and set the conditions for the reduction of forces,” explained Col. Joe Wawro, an infantry commander for the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat team.

Wawro said military and civilian leaders collaborated on ideas and “estimated that by changing the meal cycle, they would reduce their overall operations by 40 percent” if breakfast and midnight snacks were converted from cooked options to MREs.

“After carefully examining all these inputs, I decided to modify the meal cycle as described above.  This has absolutely nothing to do with the national budget and everything to do with our responsible reduction of forces,” he said.

Wawro said soldiers in the affected bases still get cooked lunch and dinners, and rely on MREs for breakfast and night snacks and that “most dining facilities have a variety of take-away items like cereal, milk juice, fruit, oatmeal, granola bars, etc. to augment the MREs.”

“I see this as a good thing; even though some of the amenities may change as we head home, our Afghan partners continue to transition into the areas we once held,” he said.

Several families of affected soldiers began contacting the Washington Guardian several days ago to raise concerns about the change, reporting their sons, daughters or spouses had written home to seek care packages after the end of cooked breakfasts.

The families refused to speak on the record for fear their loved ones might be singled out for complaining. But they described messages sent via email, Facebook and other social media in which troops didn’t fully understand the reasons for the changes and worried they were related to impending budget cutbacks.

The Washington Guardian reported earlier this month that the current budget crisis in Congress prompted Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter to write a memo order preparations for sweeping budget cuts across all military programs to begin as early as next month.

But officials said those orders were not impacting the Afghanistan decisions. They said the meal cutbacks are currently affecting forward operating bases in more remote areas of Afghanistan and not affecting the main American bases in Kabul and Kandahar.

Officials stressed other comforts at the forward operating bases may also soon be reduced, such as laundry and recreation, as officials look for other ways to reduce the American footprint in advance of departing the country.

“In order to set the conditions for each base closure or a base transfer, non-tactical logistics and support services (i.e. any non-mission essential services) must decline.  Typically the complete cessation of non-tactical logistics and services, such as laundry services or morale, welfare and recreation services, occurs 2-3 months prior to a base closure or transfer,” Lt. Col. Paul Haverstick  said.

“That said, commanders may determine they need to make such changes earlier or phase them in slower over a longer period of time.  Such decisions depend on a myriad of factors, such as the size of the base, its location and the transportation assets available to a commander,” he said.

The U.S. military has already transitioned about 50 bases from American to Afghan control and is in the process of a drawdown to be completed by 2014 to meet President Barack Obama’s pledge, officials said. There are currently about 68,000 Americans troops in the country as the U.S., according to NATO, down from more than 100,000 after a 2009 U.S. “surge” designed to overcome a spike in violence that threatened the stability of Afghanistan.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/27/during-drawdown-pentagon-cuts-cooked-breakfast-for/#ixzz2JqfTo2Pa
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline Mike in Virginia

It ain't just breakfast our men are going to do without.  I despise him so.  Obama is the enemy as much as the rag heads.  It is his intent to weaken the military and the nation, opening a way for his Muslim devils to get us. 

Offline two-blocked

If they wanted it easy they should have joined the Navy or Air Force!  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::)

Offline powderman

It ain't just breakfast our men are going to do without.  I despise him so.  Obama is the enemy as much as the rag heads.  It is his intent to weaken the military and the nation, opening a way for his Muslim devils to get us.

YEP. Hussein is doing everything he can to destroy us. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
If they wanted it easy they should have joined the Navy or Air Force!  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::)
What a kind hearted fellow you are ::)

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor
Much as I dislike O'Bummer, I have a hard time buying this. If a couple meals are MRE's they are lucky. Lot better stuff than the c-rations we ate three meals a day on every deployment. This sounds to me like throwing stones for the sake of throwing stone's.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
There's a silver lining to this.

I believe the Gov't will deploy the US military against us in the near future.  Against whom do you want our military to be the most angry....the government or the people against whom it is ordered to fire?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
It ain't just breakfast our men are going to do without.  I despise him so.

lot of that despisin' going on... mostly from folks who know more about what they hate, than issues involved.

And now the rest of the story:

Thanks, Guzzi, for the rest of the story. Of course, it doesn't really advance the favored narrative, which is why is wasn't orig included
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Anna

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. PM stated the last days of the Roman Empire doing the same thing . After all the cuts and from either a reduction of pay or not being paid at all .
The Leagions just gave up caring or did little to stop the invading army's that eventually sacked Rome
itself.  The Eastern Empire survived but the old Empire was nearly obliterated and if it hadn't been for
the Pope it would have been. In fact many legionary s joined sides with the Germatic tribes that were
invadeing Rome. At least the Germans paid and fed them, and the Emporer was beheaded and his
whole family was taken in as slaves . So it is never a good idea to do this to your military as N. Korea
is now finding out also . Defections to the south are at an all time high.

Offline guzzijohn

This is amazing. I think that maybe two people here actually read what I posted. What is posted makes sense and it does not appear that any soldier is suffering. In every previous war soldiers have suffered much worse than this on a long ongoing basis. Obama has nothing to do with this. It is a military procedure. Obama did not order "soldiers shall have no breakfast".  Many here are so full of hate that they can see nothing but what further fuels their hate. Very sad.
GuzziJohn

Offline KIMBER45

This is amazing. I think that maybe two people here actually read what I posted. What is posted makes sense and it does not appear that any soldier is suffering. In every previous war soldiers have suffered much worse than this on a long ongoing basis. Obama has nothing to do with this. It is a military procedure. Obama did not order "soldiers shall have no breakfast".  Many here are so full of hate that they can see nothing but what further fuels their hate. Very sad.
GuzziJohn

ALAO- any lie about Obama.  I wonder how many here bear false witness just to prove their point ?  I can hear Gomer Pyle yelling- " citizens arrest, citizens arrest" -- that should be replaced with " false witness, false witness!!"
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline KIMBER45

There's a silver lining to this.

I believe the Gov't will deploy the US military against us in the near future.  Against whom do you want our military to be the most angry....the government or the people against whom it is ordered to fire?
I'm not afraid. I watch Star Wars and learned how to put a force field around my family. If something breaks open, look for the plans on e-bay. Bring cash. :)
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
As taxpayers, we should demand that henceforth, no more cooked hot breakfastsin the White House, only MRE's
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from boomerralph:
"As taxpayers, we should demand that henceforth, no more cooked hot breakfastsin the White House, only MRE's"

Did you expect Roosevelt to eat C rations for breakfast during the battle of the bulge? My wife's uncle went nearly three months at that time without a hot shower, indoor living other than a tent and on a good day one hot meal during one of the worst winter ever in that region. I think our current soldiers are tough enough to survive this, once again not from an Obama order or budget cuts to the military. One freaking bomb would pay for these breakfasts and then some.
GuzziJohn