Author Topic: Chief Two Eagles  (Read 1029 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Chief Two Eagles
« on: February 16, 2004, 03:15:17 PM »
An old Indian chief sat in his hut on the reservation, smoking a ceremonial pipe and eyeing two U.S. government officials sent to interview him. "Chief Two Eagles," asked one official, "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his material wealth. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The chief stared at the government officials for over a minute and then calmly replied, "When white man found the land, Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, women did all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Re: Chief Two Eagles
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 03:35:18 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
An old Indian chief sat in his hut on the reservation, smoking a ceremonial pipe and eyeing two U.S. government officials sent to interview him. "Chief Two Eagles," asked one official, "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his material wealth. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The chief stared at the government officials for over a minute and then calmly replied, "When white man found the land, Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, women did all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Truer words were never spoken.I still try to live by that code.Am I weard?

Offline jh45gun

Chief Two Eagles
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 03:42:57 PM »
Redneck, not as far as I am concerned!! Not sure if I would want to go back to those simpler times with all the things I am used to today. But it does look appealing some times does it not?? Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline dread

• Avid Poster
Chief Two Eagles
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 04:00:18 AM »
:)  :-D  :eek:  :lol:

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Chief Two Eagles
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 04:27:36 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Redneck, not as far as I am concerned!! Not sure if I would want to go back to those simpler times with all the things I am used to today. But it does look appealing some times does it not?? Jim

Some of the best times,I have had in my long life,was when I was broke and times were hard.A wood stove some shot meat made us happy at the end of the day.You never miss what you never had.LUXURY can and will make a slave of us.