Author Topic: obummerbots hero begins GUN CONTROL campaign against the law abiding.  (Read 676 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama to appeal to public, law enforcement for support on new gun control laws  Published February 04, 2013
FoxNews.com     
  •    Jan. 29, 2013: President Obama speaks in Las Vegas. (AP)
  President Obama will pitch his gun control proposals to the public and the law enforcement community Monday, as he calls for a ban on assault weapons and seeks to install universal background checks for gun buyers.
Obama will attempt to rally support for his plan in Minnesota, a Democratic-leaning state where officials have been studying ways to reduce gun-related attacks and accidents for several years. His visit to the Minneapolis Police Department's Special Operations Center will mark the first time Obama has campaigned on his controversial proposals outside of Washington.
Two of the country’s most influential voices in the gun control debate weighed in Sunday on the issue, but appeared no closer in reaching a compromise -- even on the issue of universal background checks.

Wayne LaPierre, the National Rifle Association’s chief executive, told “Fox News Sunday” his group has tried unsuccessfully for such a check for two decades.
“I’ve been in this fight for 20 years. We proposed it. I don’t think it’s going to happen,” said LaPierre, who argued the mental health lobby and federal laws have prevented the names of people with potentially dangerous mental health problems from being put into a federal database.

He also said that "criminals won't comply."
LaPierre was skeptical about whether the Obama administration would take the gun-control legislation, if passed, a step farther.
"I think what they'll do is they'll turn this universal (background) check on the law-abiding into a universal registry on law-abiding people," he said. "ObamaCare wasn't a tax until they needed it to be a tax. I don't think you can trust these people."

Retired Navy Capt. Mark Kelly, whose wife former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head by an emotionally disturbed gunman, argued for the background check. He told Fox that Giffords, a Democrat, and others might have been spared in the 2011 mass shooting in Tucson had the state entered the shooter’s name into a database.
The argument came nearly seven weeks after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults inside a Connecticut elementary school and five days after the first Senate hearing on the issue, following the Dec. 14 mass shooting.

Kelly also said he supports tightened background checks at gun shows and proposals by President Obama and fellow Democrats in the Senate to ban high-capacity magazines.
However, he would not fully commit to backing an automatic-weapons ban, which at this point does not appear to have enough widespread support to become law.
Kelly said semi-automatic weapons are “just too dangerous to be on the streets” for criminals, terrorists and the mentally ill.
“Gabby and I know this is going to be a hard problem to solve,” said Kelly, who also pointed out he served in the Middle East with such weapons.
"I don't think you'll find a stronger supporter of the Second Amendment than me," he said. "I fought for it."

The reinstatement of the assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004, is expected to be the steepest climb for Obama. Universal background checks for gun purchasers may have an easier time passing Congress, though the NRA also opposes that measure.
The White House picked Minneapolis as the backdrop for Obama's remarks in part because of recent steps the city has taken to tackle gun violence, including a push for stricter background checks.

After a spike in violent crimes, the city launched a program in 2008 aimed at providing more resources for at-risk youth and helping rehabilitate young people who have already perpetrated crimes. In January, Minneapolis also hosted a regional summit on gun violence for elected officials from around the Midwest.
Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau and Hennepin County Sheriff Richard Stanek are also among the officials Obama has consulted as he pursues his anti-gun violence measures.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/obama-to-appeal-to-public-law-enforcement-for-support-on-new-gun-control-laws/#ixzz2JwQyiF5g
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

Re: obummerbots hero begins GUN CONTROL campaign against the law abiding.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »
I would prefer not to see an AWB due to the slippery slope syndrome. I have no problem what so ever with the background checks. Why would anyone?
GuzziJohn

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:06 AM »
i, personally, believe the more intensive/extensive background check is not offensive, YET...we all know , understand and realize that government, at all levels, are not only prone to, but WILL, abuse powers allocated them...that's where we, the law abiding firearms owners, need to be more assertive with our "Representatives".

government is supposed to be controlled by the people...not the other way around.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:02 AM »
I don't have a big problem with the back ground check, I do have a problem with a database with the guns you own listed in it. As people like Gov. Cuomo and Sent. Feinstein have said they want to take weapons they just don't think it would get enough vote at this time. Just the evil smirk that Feinstein had on her face as she explained that she would just wait till the time was right to go for them.
These people can not be trusted they want our guns so they can rule with out fear for what they do to us.

Save your  rights, write some one today even if you know they don't want to hear it.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:32:33 AM »
This is what we said would happen, and the obummerbots said would NOT happen. He wants a foot in the door. Come on hussein supporters, defend your king. Thank an obummerbot today. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 05:51:34 AM »
I would prefer not to see an AWB due to the slippery slope syndrome. I have no problem what so ever with the background checks. Why would anyone?

I'm all for a reliable and effective background check system.  I think it's a great idea, as long as we have guarantees that no data can be collected for registration or record keeping purposes.  I think that's the only proposal they've come up with that makes any sense.  I find the AWB debate laughable.  AR's are used in so few crimes its almost negligible. Why isn't there a bigger push for stiffer penalties?  If you add a mandatory minimum sentence for committing a crime with a firearm and take away the opportunity for early release, crooks might think twice about taking a gun with.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
"This is what we said would happen, and the obummerbots said would NOT happen. He wants a foot in the door. Come on hussein supporters, defend your king. Thank an obummerbot today. POWDERMAN."

As I have said in other threads Obama did not open this door to stick his foot in it, it was the Sandyhook shooting that broke the camel's back for wide spread gun control. I really believe that we would be looking at similar or the same proposed controls if Romney was president at this time. If I were Obama I would be tempted to be even more strict just to PO conservatives that have been blasting Obama for everything under the sun. Kind of like when a spouse continually accuses the other of cheating when they haven't been but start thinking I might as well because I am being accused of it anyway.
GuzziJohn

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:17:53 AM »

As I have said in other threads Obama did not open this door to stick his foot in it, it was the Sandyhook shooting that broke the camel's back for wide spread gun control.
GuzziJohn

Really?
obama wants to outlaw assault rifles because of  the Sandy hook school shooting?
There were no assult weapons used there!
So why all the assault rifle uproar?
The school shooting is just a tool in the demon rat play book. Remember what Rohm Emmanuel said ="Don't let a good tragedy go to waste"

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
GuzziJohn

Because the government will use those records against you.  Just make sure you thank the government when they take your guns away.  Most of my government guns are gone, except for a couple that they will pry from my cold dead hands.  I would rather die a free man, than live under the yoke of Obama's global communism.    Guzzi, you may enjoy living at the whim of the government as a slave or a pet, but not me.  If you want your entire life in a database, I suggest you send your thank you note to Obama right now.   But, not me.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »
Our life are already in many different databases unless one has somehow lived totally off the grid since birth which is kind of difficult to do these days.
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »
You can't make a liberal understand the word "FREEDOM".
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
I think that it will be impossible to enforce a universal background check without total registration of ALL firearms.  Without registration how can you enforce a universal background check between acquaintances
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 02:56:23 AM »
You can't make a liberal understand the word "FREEDOM".

I agree but extend further to say they seem naive and lacking in common sense(from our political perspective anyway). Has to be at least partially genetic.  Also note that it does no good to look back at a previous theory, now proven, and say "look! See!". They look maybe, but never see.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 05:04:20 AM »
A background check should consist of running your name and SSN and nothing more. They should not enter the make model and serial number of the gun as part of the check. It is not anyone's business what I am buying once my name comes back clean.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »
You  obamaites making excuses for your hero hussein remind me those who blindly followed hitler, one of husseins heros. Shame on ya, you should voluntarily surrender your guns, if you actually have any, which I doubt. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
You all seem to forget that if a universal background check is implemented then you would not be able to buy or sell a gun after regular store hours.
No more late night deals with your best friend while visiting him and watching TV and talking guns.

(That sure is a nice Ruger you have. Sure wish I had one. Want to sell it? Sure. How much? I will take it.
Ah, where are we going to find an FFL this time of night? or on a holiday or maybe a Sunday!)

Sure you can wait till the next day or two but kind of stops that instant deal right there at that moment.
I know I was able to buy one of my collector Winchesters that way one night.
I found out from a friend about a Model 70 ULTRA GRADE 1 of 1000 engraved with gold inlays new in the box with the matching walnut case that a man wanted to sell at about 9:30pm one night just 6 miles from my house.
He was moving to PA and the moving truck was coming at 7:30am the next morning to load all his stuff.
This was a $5,000.00 gun when issued and he was asking $1,800.00 for it.
You bet I wanted it.
I called and was there in 15 minutes.
We struck a deal and the next morning he was gone.
Under the new universal background check system I wouldn't have been able to buy that gun.
I am against the private sale check system just for that reason.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07