Author Topic: Defend the Obama Administration  (Read 1204 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Defend the Obama Administration
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 04:42:57 AM »
It makes no difference who's in the white house. This "Do Nothing Congress" is dysfunctional .
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 05:47:30 AM »
I can think of at least two things. Both Hillery and Kerry have been removed from the US Senate. You gotta admit that's a good thing rat there.

Yup! lol..................And he actually had a hand in doing it. Some of the other things both negative and positive, like killing B L (If it actually happened) was done by the military during his Adm. Saving the US auto industry, if it is saved are things that happen under a President,  They are all given too much credit for things that happen under their watch . Like the price of fuel ::) Do people really think the President has any control over these huge , powerful oil giants? Kind of the other way around. These people we're allowed to vote for, are nothing but well placed puppets giving us the allusion of choice. Obama isn't any different. Just the latest evil CEO. This is just my personal opinion for what it's worth, and that's not much ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 06:29:21 AM »
Well you asked, here are some in my humble opinion:
Saved us from going into a full blown depressionI disagree - we are closer to that edge now than we ever were

Health care reform The title may sound warm and fuzzy, but beyond the cover page lies a nightmare ..... the IRS reported yesterday that an insurance policy that meets all the requirements mandated for Obamacare will cost at least $20,000 per year.     The Congressional Budget Office reported at the end of last week that the implementation of Obamacare will cause 10 million people that currently are employed and HAVE adequate insurance to lose their insurance because of the cost burden to their employers.     The  company I have worked with for 20 years is struggling with the fiscal decision to continue healthcare for the employees or do away with it and pay the penalty/tax/fine.......The difference being close to 1.5 million dollars.   I don't see how OBAMACARE is helping our country.....it is more of an empty promise that has no sound fiscal chance of working UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT TAKES OVER ALL OF HEALTHCARE......which is Obama's goal anyway.
Wall street reform - who went to jail, who got off with bonuses?
Took out Osama Bin Laden - NOPE - the SEALs did that

Eliminated US use of torture- remains to be seen, unless of course you believe everything the Alphbet news says.

Pretty much saved the USA auto industry - This one gets me the most....Obama DIDNOT SAVE THE AMERICAN AUTO INDUSTRY. HE SAVED THE AUTO WORKERS UNIONS AT THE EXPENSE OF TAXPAYERS.   At least Ford didn't take the bailout money - they did it on their own.

Took out Moammar Gaddafi - NOPE, LIBYANS DID THAT

GuzziJohn
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 06:59:30 AM »
Quote from Ironglow:
"Took out Osama Bin Laden - NOPE - the SEALs did that"

A couple of other said the same thing. IMHO that is a cheap shot. Obama authorized the mission and would have taken all kind of crap if the mission had failed, like Jimmy Carter did. I guess you are implying that if it had been Bush or Romney they would have been actually been physically leading the SEALS into the compound? ::)

GuzziJohn

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:41 AM »
I am not implying anything Guzzi.....The SEALs took out BinLaden, that is a fact.    Obama gave the green light to the mission, as would any other CiC in that position at that time.... except maybe Clinton seeing how he passed on the opportunities in 1999.       So what should be stated, heralded, lauded or whatever you would like to call it is "Obama gave the order to go ahead with the mission to get bin Laden".    And for that, and that only he can have my thumbs up.   It is true that with the title of POTUS you are set up to get the blame when things are bad and the accolades when they are good.    That  is true of any Pres.     

A cheap shot??? No - just the facts. 
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »
I can think of at least two things. Both Hillery and Kerry have been removed from the US Senate. You gotta admit that's a good thing rat there.

yes it was .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 04:04:02 AM »
How about that SOTU address! What a pitiful pack of obvious lies, the same old lies!
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.