Author Topic: Defend the Obama Administration  (Read 1208 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Defend the Obama Administration
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:46:43 AM »
Name one thing Obama's chronies have done that was good for this country.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Defend the Obama Administration
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:10 AM »
UHHHHHHHH, they stimulated the economy of England, France, Spain, and other countries with all of their multi $ million vacations. OOOOOPPPPSSS, sorry, you meant America, sorry. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:40:47 AM »
Kept the world from going into an economic depression, saved the US auto industry, began creation of jobs to offset the 8 million lost under GW, killed bin Ladin, generally pissed-off the rightys with everything they succeed at despite their sworn vows not to co-operate. That's a good list to start. Y'all may now proceed to your usual picking it apart using the hallucinatory slant you have from living in that bubble...
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:52:51 AM »
You know CDQ, it seems you really are just trying to stir the pot.
I don't know where you live but in my part of the country things are as bad as ever.
No real work to be found, businesses going under, more layoffs each day because of the for mentioned.
Higher prices on about everything you buy because of all his new regulations and programs.
Higher taxes, cutting our military which can't be good for our safety, giving more of our money to other countries when we can't even pay our own debts along with letting more illeagles in to mooch off of all his freebies he has promised.
The only jobs he has made are government positions from all his new programs that do nothing but spend more money that we don't have on things that don't help.
As for saving GM, he did nothing different then any other company would do in that position.
Actually he didn't do anything except loan them our money.
How did they survive?
By filing bankruptcy, cutting jobs, selling off a lot of their assets, streamlining and closing plants while using our money.
If I couldn't make my business successful with all that then it deserves to go under.
All the while he continues to lie about almost everything he talks about.
We did get bin ladin under his watch. plus 1 for that.
Your comment about pissing off the right has nothing to do with this thread so we will ignore that one.
It's not hard to pick something apart when you have the facts on your side.
Your turn to dispute anything I have just stated with proof and facts.

LONGTOM

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:56:23 AM »
Well you asked, here are some in my humble opinion:
Saved us from going into a full blown depression

Health care reform
Wall street reform
Iraq & afgan drawdown
Took out Osama Bin Laden
Eliminated US use of torture
Pretty much saved the USA auto industry
Took out Moammar Gaddafi
Improved overall world opinion of the USA
Boosted fuel milage standards
Renewable energy development
Increased VA budget
Established tax credits to business for hiring vets
Credit card reform
New START treaty
Shrinking military spending
Allowing the Dept. of Education to give waivers to districts to implement more realistic achievement testing instead of the old required testing under "No Child Left Behind".

GuzziJohn

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
Oh, I forgot,
Overall unemployment is starting to go down.
Housing prices are starting to come back in many areas.
The DOW is back to around 14,000.

GuzziJohn

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:02:16 AM »
Did away with pre-existing conditions for insurance companies. After having cancer- that's a biggie for me and well as others. I would like to have someone argue that was not a good thing .

"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:20:50 AM »
 destroyed the best medical system in the world, crippled our free enterprise system with stupid, crippling regulations from almost all bureaus, such as NLRB, FDA, EPA and the IRS.    Bailed out with OUR money, 2 failing auto companies a which should have gone through chapter 11..but then he couldn't have given billions of OUR money to the unions..so they could contribute millions to his campaign kitty.
  Of the 2 bailed out, one is much owned by the unions..the other now an Italian company..building auto factories in China.
  They blowed multi-billions on "green energy" failures...only in Fascism, does government interweave itself in commercial interests in that way.
   Sells/gives military type weapons to the drug cartels, so they can murder border patrol personnel..and hundreds of Mexican nationals.  Then they try to take look-alike weapons from honest American sportsmen.

They have intentionally killed the huge potential of our energy industry.  We could easily cover our own needs and sell oil, coal and other energy to foreign nations.  That would pay off our debt, if the liberals would cut their spending madness..and cut down on the billions of dollars going to oil producing nations who hate us.  But no, chase drilling out of the gulf, say no to the keystone pipeline and issue drilling permits only on acreage they KNOW the oil people would not drill upon for obvious reasons.
  They have fomented eruptions in Egypt and Libya..where the CHANGE still has to show that it was worthwhile..and left embassy personnel ungarded in these hostile environments..to be murdered.
   Right at this moment they are trying their best destroy the constitution..especially the bill of Rights.  They are especially avid in trying to "infringe" upon our gun rights

I could go on for hours but by now even a blind parrot should have a clue!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »
The very existence of this thread itself is a call for argument. If all y'all want is people to agree with your misguided perceptions, you should phrase it differently. "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you." Ed Koch
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »
Well you asked, here are some in my humble opinion:

Saved us from going into a full blown depression           most of the country feels we are in one now
Health care reform                                                           OBCARE is a reform but not for the better
Wall street reform                                                             I don't study wallstreet so I really can't answer that one
Iraq & afgan drawdown                                                    just moved them someplace else, didn't bring them home as promissed
Took out Osama Bin Laden                                              I gave a +1 for that
Eliminated US use of torture                                             I have heard differently-who knows for sure
Pretty much saved the USA auto industry                        WRONG- I explained that- they did it themselves, he just lent them our                                                                                             money
Took out Moammar Gaddafi                                             can't answere that one-if you say so
Improved overall world opinion of the USA                     now where did you hear that one?
Boosted fuel milage standards                                           not yet
Renewable energy development                                        to compaines over seas--those here went belly up, again with our money
Increased VA budget                                                         how do you figure that-they have less coverage and fewer things covered
Established tax credits to business for hiring vets             +1--I have no emploiees so I wouldn't know
Credit card reform                                                              I see no difference in mine but I pay mine off within the 30 days
New START treaty                                                            fine with Russia but what about the other nut countries
Shrinking military spending                                               by cutting back our military--real smart
Allowing the Dept. of Education to give waivers to districts to implement more realistic achievement testing instead of the old required testing under "No Child Left Behind".                               my boys were/are all As and Bs so I guess our local system is working

Oh, I forgot,

Maybe, hasn't been long enough to say it is working yet.
Will wait and see on these three.

Did away with pre-existing conditions for insurance companies.

You really think you are not going to pay for that.
Hell, Loyds of Loundon will insure you against anything, no matter what if you are willing to pay the price.
My insurance went up $255.00 a month this year already.
That makes it $2475.00 a month or $29,700.00 a year.
I know people who don't make that much in a year not counting all the other expences one has each month.

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 09:12:25 AM »

You really think you are not going to pay for that.
Hell, Loyds of Loundon will insure you against anything, no matter what if you are willing to pay the price.
My insurance went up $255.00 a month this year already.
That makes it $2475.00 a month or $29,700.00 a year.
I know people who don't make that much in a year not counting all the other expences one has each month.

Almost $30,000 a year for insurance on just you-  really.
My insurance went up, but it's still better than not having insurance. Cancer is a very expensive disease which is why insurance companies will drop you if they can.

"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »
I can think of at least two things. Both Hillery and Kerry have been removed from the US Senate. You gotta admit that's a good thing rat there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
I never said on just me alone.
My two sons and my wife run just about $420.00 a month so that leaves about $2055 a month just on me with $2500.00 deductable a year.
That's $24,660.00 a year just for me.

You are so right GB on that one!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline rickt300

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
Oh, I forgot,

GuzziJohn
Not so much really, you have to count those who have given up hope of finding a job as unemployed. It is odd how the DOW remains high but I fear a crash looms in our near future. As for housing prices moving up well just try to get a loan for one.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
The very existence of this thread itself is a call for argument. If all y'all want is people to agree with your misguided perceptions, you should phrase it differently. "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you." Ed Koch
A call for argument? In your mind I guess. Our misguided perceptions, well who is trumpeting for gun control when he should be trying to stop sequester and find a way not to raise the debt ceiling. Who out there is so delusional as to say government does not have a spending problem?

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »

My insurance went up, but it's still better than not having insurance. Cancer is a very expensive disease which is why insurance companies will drop you if they can.

See how much good having insurance does you when you die after waiting for tests, only to be told you are not considered worthy of treatment.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »
As to unemployment: It's double what it was when he took office in this area.

Having Hilliarity and Kerry the Ketchup King where they can't vote on anything is really great though. Gotta give him an attaboy for that.

Offline jhm

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
     If those that are worried abt, pre-existing conditions should not have waited all their life B-4 thinking abt. insurance, it is one of the things you take care of in your younger yrs. waiting until you wreck your car to get insurance for it is going to give you a real awakening also!!  Some people just havent figured life out yet.  Jim

Offline jhm

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »
Kimber I am 66 yrs. old and have had insurance since I was 18, I am a diabetic, I have had a stroke, wasnt dropped by my insurance, I had throat cancer, wasnt dropped by insurance co, I had a heart attack had to have a quad, wasnt dropped by insurance co. and friday I go to the Hosp. for a dopler check on my heart last thur, had a dopler of my corated, havent bn. dropped by my ins. co. some of what you are saying dont add up, yes ins. is expensive, and it usually only covers 80% and the other 20% I have to pay and I have written several LARGE checks over the last 12/13 yrs.  It is all part of growing up as an adult.  Jim

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
I hate Imam Obama, but I will grudgingly give him credit for one thing:

He signed into law the legislation that allows for concealed carry of firearms in national parks in 2010.

Whodda thought on that one?  Go figger....

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »
[quote author=jhm link=topic=274562.msg1099658810#msg1099658810 date=1360197271]
     If those that are worried abt, pre-existing conditions should not have waited all their life B-4 thinking abt. insurance, it is one of the things you take care of in your younger yrs. waiting until you wreck your car to get insurance for it is going to give you a real awakening also!! Some people just havent figured life out yet.  Jim

Pretty pompous of you. There are situations where one loses their insurance and can't get a carrier.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
Kimber I am 66 yrs. old and have had insurance since I was 18, I am a diabetic, I have had a stroke, wasnt dropped by my insurance, I had throat cancer, wasnt dropped by insurance co, I had a heart attack had to have a quad, wasnt dropped by insurance co. and friday I go to the Hosp. for a dopler check on my heart last thur, had a dopler of my corated, havent bn. dropped by my ins. co. some of what you are saying dont add up, yes ins. is expensive, and it usually only covers 80% and the other 20% I have to pay and I have written several LARGE checks over the last 12/13 yrs.  It is all part of growing up as an adult.  Jim
Have you been in a situation where you had to change companies?
http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/denied_coverage/index.html
http://healthinsurance.about.com/od/healthinsurancebasics/a/preexisting_conditions_overview.htm
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline JPShelton

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »
Did away with pre-existing conditions for insurance companies. After having cancer- that's a biggie for me and well as others. I would like to have someone argue that was not a good thing .
Okay....  It wasn't a good thing.  Having an illness or affliction does not entitle you or anyone else to a portion of anyone else's time or treasure.  Your illness is not a justification for government telling a private sector company who it MUST cover and what it may charge in return, and neither is my dulcet darling's epilepsy that could leave her comatose or dead at any time.
JP

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Saved us from going into a full blown depression

Because limping along like a wounded duck is a better economic model.

Health care reform

For better or worse?  All I know is mine got more expensive.  I thought it was supposed to have something to do with making healthcare affordable...

Wall street reform

That must have been a secret program, because hardly anyone is getting jail time, and they're all still doing business like before.

Iraq & afgan drawdown

I thought we were supposed to be totally out of there by now.

Took out Osama Bin Laden

Navy Seals took out Osama.  The Obama administration watched on tv.

Eliminated US use of torture

Yet still allows the killing of US citizens with drone strikes and totally disregards the 4th Amendment with the use of FISA.

Pretty much saved the USA auto industry

And taught those evil giant corporations that there are exactly zero consequences for failure.

Took out Moammar Gaddafi

More like "shot random missiles at Libya, while Libyans took out Moammar Gaddafi."  Oh, and watched the Muslim Brotherhood take over.

Improved overall world opinion of the USA

After Bush, electing a chimpanzee could have improved world opinion of the USA.  But more importantly, why should we care what other countries think of us?

And did nothing to help middle class familes who cant just run out and buy a new car and still have to commute...

Renewable energy development

Solyndra says what?

Increased VA budget

One good thing he might have done, overshadowed by the fact that gov't spending is already so far outta control...

Established tax credits to business for hiring vets

There would be plenty of jobs for vets, if the economy wasn't still in the toilet.  Not to mention, I'm sure some of them wouldn't mind working security in places like schools, or maybe even our southern border.

Credit card reform

Some people need to learn how to be responsible with credit, even if its the hard way.

New START treaty

Political posturing.  START has always been an excuse to get rid of crusty old nukes that cost too much to maintain, anyway.

Shrinking military spending

Obama?  Responsible for cutting ANY kind of spending?  You're joking, right?

Allowing the Dept. of Education to give waivers to districts to implement more realistic achievement testing instead of the old required testing under "No Child Left Behind".

If this was such a bad program, why not just scrap it?

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
Only reason the stock market is up is Quantitative Easing, which means the feds are buying stock to keep the market up.  Our federal debt is a house of cards.  This is all going to come crashing down someday.  Right now we are not in a capitalist society.  We are in Facism, just like Nazi Germany and Facist Italy.  Big corporations and government going hand in hand to control society.  We once broke up big corporations to let competition bring out the best in everything, products, etc.  Chrony capitalism is nothing but Facism.  We are in danger of a dictatorship if any and all opposition to the democrats falls away.  They have the presidency, they have the courts, and one house of the legislature.  We got Obamacare with both houses controlled by the dems.  Obamacare will result in government take over of all medical care.  Republicans wanted no pre-existing conditions, but not all the controls the government has put on doctors, medicines, etc.  It will fail.  Big government can't solve everything.  We have more people in this country, but fewer workers than 5 years ago, therefore the unemployment rate is a joke.  Half the college grads can't find jobs.  Many are working two part time jobs because they can't find full time employment.  In the real world, people are worse off.  Some of you libs must be teachers or work for the government, so you don't know the real world.   

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Only reason the stock market is up is Quantitative Easing, which means the feds are buying stock to keep the market up.  Our federal debt is a house of cards.  This is all going to come crashing down someday.  Right now we are not in a capitalist society.  We are in Facism, just like Nazi Germany and Facist Italy.  Big corporations and government going hand in hand to control society.  We once broke up big corporations to let competition bring out the best in everything, products, etc.  Chrony capitalism is nothing but Facism.  We are in danger of a dictatorship if any and all opposition to the democrats falls away.  They have the presidency, they have the courts, and one house of the legislature.  We got Obamacare with both houses controlled by the dems.  Obamacare will result in government take over of all medical care.  Republicans wanted no pre-existing conditions, but not all the controls the government has put on doctors, medicines, etc.  It will fail.  Big government can't solve everything.  We have more people in this country, but fewer workers than 5 years ago, therefore the unemployment rate is a joke.  Half the college grads can't find jobs.  Many are working two part time jobs because they can't find full time employment.  In the real world, people are worse off.  Some of you libs must be teachers or work for the government, so you don't know the real world.

Yep, there are NO conservatives in either teaching or government. At least your not judgemental and have an open mind.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline GUNNUT in Iowa

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 01:20:11 AM »

And did nothing to help middle class familes who cant just run out and buy a new car and still have to commute...

Hey, don't forget about "Cash for Cl...."
Oh, nevermind.    ;) ;D

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »
I don't like Obama, but I think he had one good idea, at least in theory. I like the idea of people paying for health insurance from the time they are young and healthy and don't really use it (like I did). If people wait until they are old and unhealthy the rates have to go up so high it does not work like insurance should. Also, without compulsory health insurance if they are young and the guys get hurt in something like a motorcycle accident without insurance, they still go to the hospital and get fixed up at someone else's cost. And the gals get pregnant and go to the hospital and have their baby at someone else's cost. I like that in theory, but wages for a lot of young people are so low they can't really afford health insurance and the way our politicians (both sides) have made good jobs in this country disappear, I don't see how that will change.

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:29 AM »
Yep, there are NO conservatives in either teaching or government. At least your not judgemental and have an open mind.

You're wrong!!!!  I'm a teacher at a public high school, and believe it or not, I teach ART.....  The school where I teach is 99.999% African-American, with 100% free lunch!  I was hoping that I could make a difference - I'm VERY conservative.

I believe that out government has created the problem of perpetual, majority low-income.  I see it every day, and it's very discouraging.  Some of my students' families have always earned their living by checking the mailbox once a month.  Since I have taught at this school, I've had at least 4 female students drop out because of pregnancy.  That's just in one school year!  The cycle continues.

The students that I have that intend to do something with themselves will tackle any of the art projects that I give them.  Those who do not plan to do anything with themselves are already having babies, and figure that the teat will never run dry because that's the way they've always known life to be.

I care a lot about my students, I drive 63 miles, each direction, every day to get to work (gas prices aren't helping with that!).   I want them all to get educated, go to college, get a good job, pay taxes, buy a nice home next door to me and talk about life over the fence.  But I don't believe it's going to happen until there's no other choice but to go to work and earn a living.

Try teaching about Van Gogh  O'Keefe, or Picasso to students who will rudely blurt out during a lesson that "Black folks ain't interested in none of this sh*t".

I can't defend anything that Obama's administration has done, and I believe the Democratic party has slowly created a new form of slavery - the "welfare state".  However, I can't say that in front of any of my co-workers or any of my students.  I guess I am a "closet conservative" for now.

And for you folks that know so much about health insurance......I have insurance because I'm teaching at a public school.  It's pretty good coverage, but I won't be able to keep it if I change professions, and I absolutely can't afford the insurance on my own.  My wife has one of those "pre-existing conditions"  that will make our insurance rates double or triple if we have to purchase it privately.  My rates already take about $15,000 per year out of my pay check.  That's nearly half my pay (teacher's aren't getting rich you know).

The "Affordable Health Care Act" has done nothing for me but make it harder to pay my bills.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 03:45:12 AM »
He's increased the IRS and Homeland Security employee's. More people to take our money, or put us in jail! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman