Author Topic: Revenge Killings in California-speaks volumes as to why citizens should be armed  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Redtail1949

• Trade Count: (0)
Yep an ex cop turns madman killer. perhaps if an armed citizen were nearby when he surprised and killed the police officers at a redlight the madman would be in the morgue.
now the unarmed citizens have to fear that thismadman may run into their homes to hide or might just start firing at them. there they sit with no means to protect themselves or their family.
i bet that the cops who seam to be the major targets of this madman will see that their families are armed and ready. what about john q public that might come in the crosshairs of this guy? maybe a john q. public might see him and if he were armed he could put a bullet in him and save someones life.
the gun control advocates will not admit that an armed populace just might be a great help in ending this guys murderous ways. if they could they might kill him or slow him down until the cops arrived.
as it is they will have their phones only to notify the cops that he has killed again.

Offline cudatruck

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Don't forget while he was a cop he was allowed to purchase any and all kinds of firearms including fully automatic in CA for his "duty" use. but they are his and kept at his home. I am sure he dutifully turned them all in after leaving his job? So the stupid law has equipped a madman with the very weapons they fear while restraining citizens rights to equal weapons. Does anyone but me see the irony of this?

Offline Redtail1949

my point...excactly

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
It couldn't have happened in a better State..............maybe NY
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline jhm

I have bn doing business with LEOs for over 30 yrs. and ALL are not bad, however I have also learned that ALL are not on the up and up, they are individuals just like we are no better or worse because they carry a badge and think they are.  Jim

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)

WOW! The Canadian thinks its ok for Americans to be killed California, and NY. I don't think is good reguardless of whom, or where.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Hairy Chest

Like Ann Coulter said, it's a demographic issue, not a gun issue.  He passed the background checks.  Why, he's even a war hero!  Now he's in the mountains playing Rambo, just like Hollywood movie.  So where is all this violence coming from?  Did the guns break out of the safe and are out there?  Would any law have prevented this?  Take away war, video games and Hollywood violence.  Give them nice movies, like Little House on the Praire.  Reshape and rebuild America.  But you need to change attitudes.  Plus, we need to stop individual thinking (libertarian) and start thinking collectively, like Obama said, as a community that cares about one another.  A community caring environment may have prevented this problem. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline dakotashooter2

• A Real Regular
Also keep in mind that at some point he passed a Pysc evaluation, proving you can do a background check on mental stability and still miss more than you will catch.
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter

WOW! The Canadian thinks its ok for Americans to be killed California, and NY. I don't think is good reguardless of whom, or where.

You missed my point( again?).  I did not wish to have this to happen anywhere but since it did, the two States I mentioned have very restrictive firearm laws for the average Joe Blow therefore even less of a slim chance for an armed civilian to have had any influence on what went down.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
You can keep your collectivism for yourself. I'll keep thinking and acting as one of those "selfish" libertarian individuals.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Dee

You missed my point( again?).  I did not wish to have this to happen anywhere but since it did, the two States I mentioned have very restrictive firearm laws for the average Joe Blow therefore even less of a slim chance for an armed civilian to have had any influence on what went down.

You mean like the laws in Canada? No I didn't miss your point. There is no state where this would have been better to have happened.

Offline zero

• Avid Poster
Armed citizens? Defending yourself with violence?? That's horrible and uncivilized!!! In this day and age we need to defend ourselves with words, and rely on the police to take care of us

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
ABC news online reports that Chris Dorner's "manifesto" was dismissed as rambling and ratings etc. Bet it isn't anymore. I marvel that more cases like this aren't happening.
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline Cemo

You should be concerned about the police if you live in that area. The police shot up two women who were in a truck similar to Dorner's truck. And a little later shot up another truck but didn't hurt the driver.
Vietnam Vet, VFW Life Member, NRA Life Member
Retired and enjoying life.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
hopefully they'll do prison time.
the ladies already have a lawyer.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline powderman

They believe he also has a 50 cal with him, as well as an m16 and 9mm pistol.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »
Christopher Dorner: Dangerous Combination of Skills and Weapons       Christopher Dorner is shown from surveillance video at an Orange County, Calif., hotel. (Irvine Police Department/AP Photo) Auto Start: On | Off               By PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC) , JACK CLOHERTY (@jjclo) , JACK DATE and JASON RYAN (@JasonRyanABC)  Feb. 8, 2013   
  The manhunt is intensifying to find Christopher Dorner, a highly-trained former Los Angeles police officer who is believed to be on a rampage to kill his former colleagues.
Police officers say Dorner has now become their worst nightmare -- a heavily armed man with the same training they have, plus a military background.
As the search continues, law enforcement officials are wondering whether Dorner has been engaged in diversionary tactics -- leaving a trail of false bread crumbs.

"He's extremely dangerous," said San Bernardino Sheriff John McMahon at a news conference on Friday. McMahon said that his officers, along with law enforcement and the FBI had been searching for Dorner all night, even with SWAT teams in snow-cats on California's Bear Mountain.
Police are trying to figure out if Dorner deliberately dropped his wallet and his LAPD badge in San Diego, where earlier in the week he allegedly attempted to steal a boat to flee to Mexico.
"He knows what he's doing," L.A. Police Chief Charlie Beck told reporters yesterday "We trained him. He was also a member of the armed forces. It is extremely worrisome and scary, especially for the police officers involved."
      Irvine Police Department/AP Photo Christopher Dorner is shown from surveillance... View Full Size    Irvine Police Department/AP Photo Christopher Dorner is shown from surveillance video at an Orange County, Calif., hotel.       Christopher Dorner Manhunt: Ex-Cop Suspected in Killings Watch Video        Former LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner Sought: 'Armed and Dangerous' Watch Video        Chris Dorner: Ex-LA Cop Wanted in Killing Spree Watch Video    In a "manifesto" attributed to Dorner posted on the Internet, the former cop boasts about his combat skills, writing that he will utilize every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance and survival training he had been given in the LAPD, and in his career in the Navy.
"I know your TTPs (techniques, tactics, and procedures). Any threat assessments you generate will be useless. This is simple," Dorner wrote in his lengthy manifesto. "I will mitigate all risks, threats and hazards. I assure you that Incident Command Posts will be target rich environments."

Dorner is believed to be heavily armed, possessing an assault rifle and other weapons. Dorner also claims to have a .50 caliber rifle, which fires bullets five inches long -- capable of piercing bullet-proof vests, cutting through cars and some armored vehicles. Sources say it is likely that Dorner has such a rifle. The combination is concerning since Dorner's LAPD trainers rated him an "expert" sharpshooter with a .9 millimeter handgun, and "marksman" with an M-16 rifle.

Former FBI agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett says Dorner's weapons training and his familiarity with police protocol make him a lethal adversary.
"He knows how to move around and is very familiar with how to use firearms," Garrett said. "And knowing how the LAPD and other departments search for suspects, he will certainly avoid the logical places where police would look, like prior homes or locations that he used. He would also get rid of any electronics that might be used to track him," Garrett said. "He's probably using a prepaid cellphone."

As a former Navy man, Dorner would still have his uniforms, and Garrett says he would not be surprised if he dressed in uniform to help avoid being spotted and identified.
"A uniform has been part of his identity all of his life," Garrett said.
Dorner has already cut a wide path of destruction. Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference Thursday that Dorner "ambushed" two Riverside, Calif. officers as they sat in their squad car at a traffic light in the early morning hours. One officer, a 35-year-old, 11-year veteran of the force, was killed. His 27-year-old partner was seriously wounded. Garrett said the ambush shows Dorner's skill as a hunter.

• |
  • Next Page
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Redtail1949

was watching CNN this afternoon and the host stated that ".....we have the conversation about racisim and LAPD for that matter a conversation about racisim and all Police Departments.." I almost kicked the TV off the stand.
christ these people who just have to have another reason for the actions of a madman one that will explain it and always it has to be his race and the assertsion that he was somehow pushed by others into doing this.
they cxan not understand that race had nothing to do with a murderer killing innocent people. it does not matter what he has said he heard or saw while a police officer. this man is one who would not accept his failures as a police officer and as a human being. so he comes up with the pathetic justification for these murders "RACIST" police officers.
now the media is beating the drum trying to somehow make "US" understand this man and why he feels he is justified in committing these murders.
can not wait to see REV Jessie and fat cat REV AL jump in.
this guy is a nothing a nobody that wants to be somebody even if it takes killing innocent people...what an ass.

Offline magooch

One thing for sure is that this whole affair will be used by the anti-gun liberals to justify even more gun-grabbing and more restriction of our natural and Constitutional rights.  Never let a tragedy, disaster, or calamity of any stripe go to waste.
Swingem

Offline lgm270

Offline Dee

Jackson is what he is.

Offline Draxx

• GBO Supporter
 Being a Cali resident and having these events take place near where I live, two things occurred to me.

First, this is a stark show of what one man who is motivated and a bit clever can do. He has the police chasing their tails all over Southern California. Evidently, when the police are the targets, they take it seriously.

Secondly, imagine if the police were asked to kick doors and start gun confiscation..imagine 20 or 50 guys like this running around and fighting back.. They are currently overwhelmed by one guy.

ps:
Don't forget while he was a cop he was allowed to purchase any and all kinds of firearms including fully automatic in CA for his "duty" use.
  Not true. My father is a retired LEO, they do not have the option of buying class III weapons with a badge flash. With a letter from the department, they can get high capacity mags that joe citizen cannot get here.

Offline jhm

I wonder how long the cartridge is that fires a bullett 5 in. long??  Jim

Offline Ranger99

yep. i saw a tv reporter holding a
50 cal round and saying something like
what if this came crashing through
your car?
real smart folks ::)
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline lgm270

Being a Cali resident and having these events take place near where I live, two things occurred to me.

First, this is a stark show of what one man who is motivated and a bit clever can do. He has the police chasing their tails all over Southern California. Evidently, when the police are the targets, they take it seriously.

Secondly, imagine if the police were asked to kick doors and start gun confiscation..imagine 20 or 50 guys like this running around and fighting back.. They are currently overwhelmed by one guy.

ps:
Don't forget while he was a cop he was allowed to purchase any and all kinds of firearms including fully automatic in CA for his "duty" use.
  Not true. My father is a retired LEO, they do not have the option of buying class III weapons with a badge flash. With a letter from the department, they can get high capacity mags that joe citizen cannot get here.

Great post.  I had the same thought. It reminded me of the Washington DC/Va shooters several years ago when two dead beats with one rifle terrorized an entire region of the country. 

Offline Gary G

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Redtail1949

Draxx..
my thoughts as well. this man has made them spend 100's of thousands of dollars so far blackhawks airplanes and every cop for 100's of miles stomping thru the woods.
interesting to see just how smart he is..stays low stay put for a week or so and they will tire and run out of money then they will have to go back to policing the streets..then he comes out hits and run and hide again.

yep lessons to be learned... one man doing things can bring a whole region to its knees as we are seeing. if he is stupid and wants a direct fight he will be dead in no time...
lessons from history tell us that a well armed band that does not fight "fair" can bring a much stronger force down..Vietnam..Afganistan (russia) as well as US soon are the most glaring examples

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
That southern border isn't all that far away either.

Offline Gary G

Do I have this right?
Dorner was on duty with his supervising officer. This officer unnessessarily kicked a retarded man while he was down. Dorner filed a report on this incident. An investigation said that it did not happen and Dorner was fired.

So, they train a man to kill, he tries to do the right thing, but you don't squeal on your buddies, so they "stab him in the back" and suddenly they are indangered by the one they trained.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Casull

Do I have this right?
Dorner was on duty with his supervising officer. This officer unnessessarily kicked a retarded man while he was down. Dorner filed a report on this incident. An investigation said that it did not happen and Dorner was fired.

So, they train a man to kill, he tries to do the right thing, but you don't squeal on your buddies, so they "stab him in the back" and suddenly they are indangered by the one they trained.
         Do I have this right?  You are assuming that:  1.  The supervising officer actually kicked the retarded man;  2.  The investigation falsely found the supervising officer to be innocent;  3.  Dorner did the "right thing" and was fired for THAT;  4.  Dorner is a good guy, but because he was fired he somehow turned into a homicidal maniac, and it's not really his fault.     Is that really what you are trying to say? 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Since I live here in Southern CA adn it is all that is on the news while I drive from Customer to customer.
There are a few things.
1) it seems that the supervisor had repramanded him multiple times for report writing and Dorner did not like it.  It seems he lied about the attack and that is why he was removed.
2) once he was fired from the LAPD rather than being allowed to resign/ quit the navy eliminated his clearance levels and an intell guys with out a claerance level is dismissed.
3) Quan represented Dorner in the LAPD hearing and somehow Dorner felt he needed to take revenge on him by killing his kid.
4) Dorner bosted that he purchased leggally Pistol supressors in another state and then Illegally moved them to CA and may have used them to kill Quans kid and her soon to be husband.
5) There are a bunch of ANTI police (occupy types) that are all for him and offering their support on the wenbsite.  I find it strange that many of these morons do not understand that they are all for a person being able to take revenge on you, your parents or your kids for something that they think you did to them, real or deluted.  And the problem I have with it is no one in the news is calling these people morons!