Author Topic: michelle to go to funeral of slain teen, more pr for husseins push against guns.  (Read 806 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
 First Lady To Attend Funeral For Slain Chicago teen    Feb 7, 2013 1:40pm ht hadiya pendleton fb tk 130130 wblog First Lady To Attend Funeral For Slain Chicago Teen R.I.P Hadiya Pendleton/Facebook First Lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral service for slain Chicago teen Hadiya Pendleton, who was gunned down just days after performing at inauguration festivities in Washington, D.C.
The White House confirmed Thursday that the First Lady will attend the Saturday service in Chicago. Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett and Education Secretary Arne Duncan will also attend.

The 15-year old girl was shot and killed Jan. 29 just blocks from her school on the south side of Chicago. Pendleton, a majorette in the King College Prep School band, performed with her classmates at several inaugural events in D.C.
The first lady’s decision to attend the funeral comes as the president is making a public push for Congress to act on his proposals to curb gun violence.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline KIMBER45

I would be honored to have her at my child's funeral service.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Not I. That funeral will now be a media circus and her prescence will make the funeral about her rather than the deceased. If she speaks I wonder how many times she will reference "me" or "I" in her speech? Yet another liberal standing on the grave of another dead child to push thier aganda.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline KIMBER45

Not I. That funeral will now be a media circus and her prescence will make the funeral about her rather than the deceased. If she speaks I wonder how many times she will reference "me" or "I" in her speech? Yet another liberal standing on the grave of another dead child to push thier aganda.
I don't see it that way.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline powderman

LAKOTA. Good post Sir. Just another expensive PR trip to push husseins gun control. Shame on them for using a solemn occasion and a dead girl to push their anti American political agenda. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline KIMBER45

LAKOTA. Good post Sir. Just another expensive PR trip to push husseins gun control. Shame on them for using a solemn occasion and a dead girl to push their anti American political agenda. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
   I'm glad I don't think like some here. Here is how I look at it. -- Those parents are racked with grief . If Michelle's going in some way lightens their load, then it's a good thing.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative

I'm glad I don't think like some here. Here is how I look at it. -- Those parents are racked with grief . If Michelle's going in some way lightens their load, then it's a good thing.

+1. Some people on here should give it a rest.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
We will wait until after the service on Saturday to see how things go.
I would hope she got permission from the family to attend first.
I personally would not want her there if it was my child.
Not because of any difference between our values and beliefs but simply to keep the service about the child.
There should be no mention about any sort of political agendas either way during the service.
That is not what this is suppose to be about.
We will just have to wait and see if she honors the families request to not mention guns.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline lakota

+1. Some people on here should give it a rest.

I guess the truth highlighted in bold really hurts doesnt it? We are going to hear all about how an evil gun magically shot this girl all by itself. What we wont hear about is the fact that it happened in the gun free utopia of Chicago where none of this stuff should happen because of all of the gun control but somehowe Chicago is a crime infested hell hole. It must be Bill Ruger's fault...or maybe George Bush's fault?

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
The media keeps hammering away at the fact that just a couple of weeks ago she was at the inauguration. I really do not see how that pertains to the fact that a young girl was killed by gang activity. I guess we will see if the administration tries to exploit this tragedy to push for their gun control agenda.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
I would be honored to have her at my child's funeral service.

I'd pass, thanks but no thanks because it is mainly a Photo ops for her and the political agenda of the WH. :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lakota

Exactly. Her presence will turn the funeral into an Obama-thon. The casual observer would probably be hard pressed to tell that the event was a funeral for a slain kid as opposed to an Obama campaign stop.

And I would not want ANY politician or politician's spouse showing up at my child's funeral. They are all nothing but a bunch of disingenuous lying a-holes.

To quote a line from a movie I like: "They arent fit to pour piss out of a boot with instructions written under the heel."

Offline DDZ

Come on now Kimber, do you really think Michelle would be going to this funeral if the girl had been killed in a car accident by a drunk driver? If she had been killed in a car accident would the parents still not be racked with grief? Michelle is going only because she was killed by a firearm. To claim otherwise is absurd. Or are you just blinded by your love of the Obama's   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline powderman

DDZ. Good points Sir. Just more PR for the obamination. You can bet there will be plenty of pics. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline Redtail1949

i would be proud if she was sincere and not trying to take an advantage in pushing an agenda at the expense of my child..just using my childs death for her self promotion.
and there just is no other way you can see this if you think about it. did she pick up the paper and see a child was murdered and want to go and console and comfort the family out of the goodness of heart? Or did the Democratic stratagist and PR Operatives go to her and say ": Man this would really help us get the headlines and provide a great photo op and platform for our Gun Control Legislation.
I think the latter is most probably why. and because of that I think she is the lowest form of scum. one that will hope for something for them in the time of grief of the family.
do you really believe that she would even appear there if the child had died from other causes? Do you think she would have read it in the paper along with the thousands of other deaths and so much as batted an eye over it? before she turned to the entertainment and music sections?
NO SHE WOULD HAVE NOT EVEN SHED A TEAR OVER IT . She is there only because of her own hypocritical reasons.
Anyone that goes to a funeral of any person no matter the race that does not sincerly want to pay their respects to the deceased is a hypocrite of the worst kind. one that wants to benifit from the tragedy in some way is the lowest of the lowlifes in my opinion.

Offline KIMBER45

Well looks like you were soooo wrong- weren't you??
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline lakota

No I was not wrong. She would not have shown up at all if the child had died of causes other than guns.

Offline KIMBER45

No I was not wrong. She would not have shown up at all if the child had died of causes other than guns.
Did it turn into a media circus ?  Did her presence make the funeral about her rather than the deceased ?
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline lakota

Were you there? Did you see the event first hand or did you watch the edited version put out by the media? If you weren't actually at the funeral then you can quit wagging your finger at me because you dont really know what went on.

Offline KIMBER45

Were you there? Did you see the event first hand or did you watch the edited version put out by the media? If you weren't actually at the funeral then you can quit wagging your finger at me because you dont really know what went on.
Nor were you, but by the TV and news coverage, it didn't look that way. I know it's hard for you to admit you may have been wrong ,so there is no use continuing this discussion. The important thing is not how you and I feel. It's how the grieving parents feel. If Michelle brought them comfort, it's a good thing that she attended.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
The sad part is a young woman being killed by gang activity.  She would have been a force for good and worked against the usual hood mentality.

No mention made of doing something about broken homes, gangs, and the bleak future a lot of inner city folks are handed.
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you