Author Topic: ROA prices  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
ROA prices
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
 I hadn't been paying attention for a while but recently noticed that ROAs are going for sky high prices. I bought an unfired 5.5" blue one in box from a private party a few years ago for $350. Now they're going for near &700?  :o

Is this due to the recent overall run up in gun prices or have they been this high before now?
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: ROA prices
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »
they seem to be going up at a fast rate these days,i bought three ss pre-prefix roa,s for under 300.00 several years ago. eastbank.

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:45 AM »
about 2 years ago when i got mine.market value was about 350 to 400$ for a really nice one.i think mine cost about 400$ shipped off gunbroker.it came in box with 2 molds and looked unfired.no idea what they are bringing now but it should settle down in a few months.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
I doubt it. They are not making those any more, and with a conversion cylinder they can fire some powerful cartridge ammo without a form 4473.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Stape

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
I came here to learn more about mine so I'll chime in.  I bought one yesterday for 390.00 OTD.  SS 7 1/2 bbl, target sights, excellent condition, not lnib but nice, 95 percent with good, shiny bore.  Always wanted one, they just look like so much fun!  I had been talking to a buddy about his cap and ball revolvers and said I always wanted a ROA, he texted me a day later to say the LGS had two of them right now.  I raced over to the shop in 5 min, one was already sold.  Good timing I guess.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 01:56:04 AM »
Good find! Any more you got quite a deal. The more you work with it, the more you'll like it. Well made, solid dependable revolvers. My only gripe is they're so big and heavy, but I have others if I want small. I do love shooting the ROA all day and then not having to clean brass afterward, and getting the same effect as shooting a 45 Colt.

If Ruger had only made a C&B revolver the size of a Bearcat........

"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:42:05 AM »
Prices seem to be drifting up slow but steady.  Since the supply is fixed, that will continue as long as guns are legal. I think I will be posting two of these in the classifieds some day.       P.A.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline tacotime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:01 AM »
Actual sighting at local Texas shop: two blues in good shape for $350 and $375, one SS for $465.  Owner said they had been there a while and were "moving slow", but at last check they had moved out.  Also one used and rusted SS listed locally for $350 (gone) and one nice SS recently listed for $450.