Author Topic: The "sawed off" project an apparent success!  (Read 721 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
The "sawed off" project an apparent success!
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:02:48 AM »
Got the Pardner 12 back from the gunsmith yesterday with the choking removed and the bead repalced , I now have a barrel that is 23" total length. I couldn't wait to get to the range so I took it out in the back yard and fired a Federal Classic 2 3/4" slug out of her.  :eek:  :lol: Went completely thru a 4x4 and skimmed the ground for another 2 feet and then entered a tree trunk about 3 in. All this from about 25 yards. WOW!! :eek:  Mr. Whitetail or MR. Porker (or MR. Songdog - Wlscott) don't stand a chance now.  :)  I'm real pleased with the accuracy of this one shot. This gun had been shooting left since I have owned it and I felt that it was in the choking and I guess I was right. The slug POI was right where I pointed. I will get to the range this weekend and I will post more then. I am going to stay with the bead only for sighting this gun I think and just have fun with it and add the ultra slug 20 ga. barrel later for more accurate shooting and hunting.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
The "sawed off" project an appare
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 04:59:04 AM »
Man you've got me wantin' t do the same project bad. I've already got a smooth bore 870 slug gun but I really want to make one out of the H&R.Be sure to post you range results. Ishot 3 2&24 in Win slugs through my topper with a cyl bore choke tube i it and got a 2' group at 25 yards with just he bead. 2 were touching. The only problem is that were 10" below POA.The old 807 will shoot a 3" group at 50yrd. It has rifle sights though. I wis they'd make the tracker I available again.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
The "sawed off" project an appare
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 08:43:15 AM »
Markus, I say go for it!  :grin: $25 that was easy to spend. :grin: Especially if you plan to add barrels later. I'm going to add #6 shot to the butt stock bolt hole tonight and after the barrel replacement process add weight to the foreend too. I got a LOT of barrel lift yesterday when I shot it. I have an idea to add weight to that foreend that noone has talked about yet. I've removed the small plastic adapter that attaches to the reciever and have found that there is room between the two screw holes to drive a drill bit in about 4 inches. This hole could then be filled with #8 shot or even split shot like you go fishing with or molten lead even. Clear silicone over the hole and there ya go.....weight. Also in front of the foreend srew hole I believe I could get a couple of 1/2" deep holes to fill also. Anyway I'm glad I did the project and you would be too.   :idea2: Credit goes to Varmintcontroller for the idea. :idea2:
CYA
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org