Author Topic: SEARCH IS DISABLED  (Read 14340 times)

Online Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
SEARCH IS DISABLED
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »
I am working on the server and have disabled search to all except GBO Supporters / Mods / Senior Members.
The bots are hammering GBO Search and causing the database server to run at a very high load so for now it is off.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline fast*eddie

• Avid Poster
Re: search is disabled
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »
Glad I looked here . I was trying to do a search and kept getting a response that I wasn't allowed to do any .

Semper Fi !

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:03:04 AM »
Thank you for the heads up.
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
I use www.google.com instead more often than not unless looking for specific member posts, type key words and include GBO, select More results from gboreloaded.com » from the hits, there's a google search box at the bottom of the index page that will do the same.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Online Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »
There is also a Google Search for GBO only at the bottom of the forums index page.

Please use it until I can get the server fixed

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dixiejack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: SEARCH IS DISABLED
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:29:16 AM »
I am working on the server and have disabled search to all except GBO Supporters / Mods / Senior Members.
The bots are hammering GBO Search and causing the database server to run at a very high load so for now it is off.

Matt

By GBO supporters, I assume you mean members like me who hit the PayPal Donate button and make a donation. Well Matt, you best enjoy the piddling donation I make every year when ask, because there won't be anymore support coming from me. 

Offline countrygent

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SEARCH IS DISABLED
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »

Matt

By GBO supporters, I assume you mean members like me who hit the PayPal Donate button and make a donation. Well Matt, you best enjoy the piddling donation I make every year when ask, because there won't be anymore support coming from me. 

Matt

Matt

Glad I also found this, except it is 8 days since you posted this. Does this have anything to do with starting a new post?? I am registered, logged in and can't find a way to post except doing this quote. Hoping to be able to retrieve a post on the NEC/HR forum on trigger pull. Thanks
countrygent