Author Topic: My Man Cave's chambers  (Read 1182 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
My Man Cave's chambers
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:39:12 AM »
A little 'speramentin with my new phone's camera here...  ;)

We are having the front three rooms of out basement finished, but I have been able to convince Kathie that everything behind those rooms should be my private domain.   8)  Since she hates to see a grown man whine and cry she agreed!   ;D

The first room you enter when you venture into my abode is the lounging area.   ;)  That's where I sit while I replenish my shim stock, and also where I do my arts and crafts. 
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
Re: My Man Cave's chambers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Continuing on to the next room, to the right we see my work bench, reloading bench and so on!
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »
Richard

I see a few sets of handle bars on the wall , as well as a seat , but what gives , were is the rest of the bike ?  ;D ;D ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
Looks nice, with lots of potential. Only problem is it isn't big enough.  ;D
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
Richard, you can B.S. these guys, but I know better.  Kathie told ya ta get yer beans in a row or they were out the door.  How do I know this......GTSGTH :'(

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline FPH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Congrats on your whining and crying technique.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
And on the left we have brass, bullets, powder, safes, leather, all kinds of stuff!   ;D
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »
Oops!   :o   I forgot!   :-[

The other end of my lounging, arts and crafts area is my casting bench!   ;D   
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:14 AM »
Now the room to the right of these other rooms is my range!  I shoot 22's and 38, 44 & 45's, with rubber bullets of course!   ;D

This is where I can easily shoot 50 rounds out of my 45 Handi a night after work so I can try to get used to shooting left handed.  Or any of my 22's or whatever!   :P
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »
Awesome Richard, I'm jealous of all that room!!  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
Well, there it is.  I still got a lot of organizing to do and improvements to make, but now that I have plenty of power run I'll be able to do that!  Like a small refridgerator for keeping my shim cans cold!   :)

Oh, there is another room you can see to the left of my casting table.  That holds my weight lifting and exercise stuff.   8)   Of course, since it doesn't get used anymore  ::)  I've just filled it up with empty boxes...  A man can't ever have to many empty boxes!   :-\
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »
Do you cast inside?  If so do you have venelation?  You don't have a still in there somewhere?

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
Honestly Richard, that's a nice setup.  I wish I had the space in this old farm house.  All my gun stuff, reloading, tool shop, garage, etc. is down at the barn.  It's all insulated and heated with plenty of room, but it's a PITA running back and forth.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Jeff H

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »
Now the room to the right of these other rooms is my range!..........

I was impressed up to this point............ and then I just got downright envious. ;D

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »
Now the room to the right of these other rooms is my range!..........

I was impressed up to this point............ and then I just got downright envious. ;D

That was my reaction too.  That's a lot of space!  May want to set a fire extinguisher near the melting pot for the next picture, won't look as dangerous that way. ;)

Here's another option for the indoor range.  It's a 22 hornet primer powered air gun.  I've not had a chance to try it yet, but one of these days...

Dan

http://www.ehow.com/how_5123463_turn-hornet-parttime-air-rifle.html

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
You just motivated me to spend the last two hours rearranging my 'workshop'.  Found some lead & powder I didn't remember I had.

Thanks.
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
I didn't see a McClellan saddle there did I?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline FPH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »
\\

Looks like it to me.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »

When you said that I noticed that the post I typed isn't here!   :o  I answered Stimpy and others but mus ta forgot to hit the post button.   ::)

Anyway, yup that's a McClellan.  I got the seat in the early 70's and rigged it in the 1904, or maybe it's 1906... fashion.  I like to feel the horse and only rode the McClellan or a Huntseat.  Never could develop a liking for western saddles...  :-\

As far as primer powered rubber bullets go, I find they mock the accuracy of the real thing pretty well at the ranges I shoot them.  With magnum primers from a handgun they will punch through 2 layers of heavy cardboard and sometimes the fabric backstop as well.

I have thought of adding a tiny bit of TB to make a "Gallery Load" for my long barreled 44 and 45 cal. leverguns due to the increased effect of barrel friction.  In a 22 inch Handi  believe the primer alone works well enough.

I cast at that little table.  If you look above the table top you can see a little fan I use.  When I cast I leave the patio door open and have 2 other fans to keep the area well ventilated.

And I thought of a still!   ;D  I have never distilled anything and would like to try it.  You can get everything on line but I figured I'd have a hard time convincing the revenuers, and don't cha know they'd be around, that I was just distilling water to use in my rust bluing tanks!   ::)

Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »
Richard,
 You would not be running a still for any other purpose than making fuel for your scooter Right?  ::) And of course you have to store it in Mason jars for inventory control. Just be sure and keep a log of "evaporation " loss!
 Because you are making "fuel" there may even be some Federal Money available for the "green"process.
And if any legal questions arose I am sure you have a friend or two with legal expertise ;D
Happy Trails
George
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:09:59 AM »
A little 'speramentin with my new phone's camera here...  ;)

We are having the front three rooms of out basement finished, but I have been able to convince Kathie that everything behind those rooms should be my private domain.   8)  Since she hates to see a grown man whine and cry she agreed!   ;D

The first room you enter when you venture into my abode is the lounging area.   ;)  That's where I sit while I replenish my shim stock, and also where I do my arts and crafts.

Richard,

A McClellan Saddle?!?! Did you ride with Col. Custer at Lil Bighorn? ;D

You got a good women.  The only space my wife would allow me is one small closet in the house and a 8' by 15' room (I had to build it of course) in HER horse barn. :'(

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 07:14:38 AM »
Did you ride with Col. Custer at Lil Bighorn? ;D

::)  Naw Tom...   Custer was a punk!  If I'd been there we woulda won!   8)  Did you see my saber in it's bag under the saddle? 

You got a good women.

Very true!  She is very tolerant of my many and varied interests!   ;D  Especially since she has no hobbies to speak of...  :-\  Kathie has been an educator all her life and never took the time to develop any outside interests.  But maybe that's a good thing!  If she had something, like horses, that she was devoted to, I know where all my time money would go!   ::)

Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit