Author Topic: I need to slow down  (Read 865 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
I need to slow down
« on: February 17, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »
So far this weekend I have went through a pound of Bullseye and well over a pound of ReL7 .

The Bullseye was just 38's , 40's and 45's while the ReL7 was 223's . Seems to me that at some point it has to get warm enough to burn up some of this powder , that and at some point I'm going to have to re-stock my bullet supply ( if anyone ever has any ) .

Going to have to fire up the old caster pot too , I'm running out of cast bullets too -- FAST;D ;D ;D 8)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: I need to slow down
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
Was going to start a thread similar to this but with a slightly different problem.  I've spent so much time at the bench lately it's damaging my right hand.  That press lever has left a permanent imprint in my palm to the point it's effecting my grip on my handguns.  Still got 3 buckets full of 45acp to load and about half a bucket of assorted rifle brass.  May do a little casting just for a change of pace but then I have to run them through the Lyman450.  Just can't seem to win.

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
I have spent too much time lately driving around to my LGS's buying powder and primers. ;)  Now I need to load some ammo and get to shooting. ;D

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:27 AM »
im a bit jealous. Up here I seem to spend more time with a snow shovel then a gun lately.
blue lives matter

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:58:39 AM »
Stimpy has been a busy man! A pound of BE will load around 1700 pistol round in those calibers, plus the 300 or so .223 rounds with the RL7. Wish I could get inspired like that! Way to go Stimpy!
Savage

An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
the brass bullets and primer's are really hard to get here went to sportsman's to get powder the shelf's were bare.good luck.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »
im a bit jealous. Up here I seem to spend more time with a snow shovel then a gun lately.

You too, Lloyd.  My reloading room is at the barn.  It's heated, but the floor, tools, etc. take forever to warm up.  That's why I try to get it done in warmer months.  This winter has been a bear.  I know you've got more snow in the Munising area than we have, but now it's crusty enough to be a PITA even with snowshoes.  The wind, zeros and teens don't help any either.  I might even be glad to see the black flies this Spring :o

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »
Stimpy...I took my 16 y.o. son for a $200.00 shooting day at our range in the woods two weeks ago on Saturday burning through jacketed reloads of .223 Remington, and cast reloads of .380 ACP, .357 Magnum, .45 ACP, and .45 Colt.  We went back on Sunday and shot another $100.00 worth.  We don't save money reloading, we do more shooting though.  A whole lot more shooting.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 05:13:58 AM »
Ain't that the truth!  ;D

And then there's the G'kids.....
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »
 :) the majority of my reloading is caught up..but may load a few more .223's...I could also load a few more revolver cases, but have enough for this summer I am sure..do a bit of shooting most days, this am, missed a good shot at a jack with my 4" .44, his lucky day..No coyotes though..seems like they have caught the mange..
Need to load a few .300's for the coming fall, just need to decide on the bullet wt...Also, will be developing a few loads for a .300 Savage..ordered a barrel for one of my 700's hope to have it up and running for spring bear..

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »
The worst part was that about 1/2 of the loads were done on single stage press's , granted the case's were already prepp'ed & primed , a couple good powder dispencers can make short work of charging too . I even set up to seat in one press and crimp in the one next to it and pull both handles at the same time ( works both arms that way )  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »
I even set up to seat in one press and crimp in the one next to it and pull both handles at the same time ( works both arms that way )  ;D

stimpy

I'm just using one press at a time.  Guess that explains why my right arm looks like it belongs to Popeye and my left looks like it belongs to Olive Oil.  I'm not coordinated enough to pull 2 at a time.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 11:30:31 AM »
Wow pulling two presses at a time, I am impressed :)   I do use two press when I am loading handgun rounds.  This could be dangerous, I just thought about trying it, but my senior mine would go into overload.
I thought my supply of Bullseye would last until the next election but it is coming up short.  A month or so they had a two pound limit so I bought two pounds of Mag-Pro from the same lot.  Asked Clerk about Bullseye and he said they had one pound left but I was keeping the Mag-Pro.  Walked out and cryed to the wife and she got the Bullseye.  The clerk told her they did have 4 lb and 8lb containers.  Oh well I did not buy more, felt I had spent the limit for the day.  And Gun Runner gave me some 700X which I can use in many of the same applications.

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.