Author Topic: Sportster .22 stock versatility  (Read 372 times)

Offline SJB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Sportster .22 stock versatility
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
Will the synthetic stock from a Sportster .22 fit a .223 barrel or will the forearm be to small? Thank you

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Sportster .22 stock versatility
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »
I've purchased a take off synthetic stock set off of a Sportster from another member.  I put it on my standard 223 without a problem.  Never thought it wouldn't fit. 

I do have a heavy barrel 223 Handi barrel that I've never tried it with.  Guess I have to give it a try.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Sportster .22 stock versatility
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:54 AM »
ALL H&R & NEF butt stocks are interchangeable since they used a tang latch.  Forends too, BUT the barrel channel will be pretty large if your putting one form say a 10 ga on a 22 sporter. ;)

There are different bolts for thumbholes to std stocks and some early stocks used screws instead of bolts, but even those will interchange...

On the forends, sometime in the 80's they changed forma 1/4-28 to a 1/4-20 thread.

BTW, the FAQ's are your friend and have all this info included.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.