Author Topic: GOOD GUY REPORT!  (Read 719 times)

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:34:21 PM »
Remember a while back when Haywire Haywood offered his old scale to the winner of the postal match?  Well it seems that with all the different categories and such that it wouldn't work too well.  I sent him a PM (kind of joking) that he should send it to me.  Reason being that I've been loading shotshells for years and have never had one.  He PM'ed me back and said that If I would email him my addy he would ship it right to me!  Of course, I wanted to pay him for it. But when I asked what he wanted for it he told me that he didn't want my money. Ian said that I could send him something for postage if I wanted too.  Well guess what, the scale arrived today!  I can't believe the generosity of this man. He took the time to pack the scale up, address it, and take it to the Post Office.  All this for someone that he had never met or spoke with.  I only know him from here and the old board.  I don't know what other kind things to say about Ian.  I'm not real good at speeches or the like.   I just wanted to let everyone know.  I was also wondering if you guys could help me find something that I could send him in return besides the postage for the scale.  Please PM me with your suggestions if you would.  I'm sure between all of us we can come up with something that he would enjoy.

WDO
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 02:56:10 PM »
whitedogone,
  Yours is not an unusual situation on these forums. I had someone send me a load book for the .44 mag., and another send me a sample pack of .44 mag. cast bullets. Both had done it out of kindness, and wouldn't except anything for them. I was in your predicament, trying to figure out what I could do to return the generosity they showed me, and I figured it out. I would return their favor, by doing favors for others. I have done this a few times in the past for others, and I think that's probably the best way I could say thank you. Random acts of kindness are always the best. I don't mean to get preachy here, but as I believe that only God can punish some vile acts enough, I also believe only he can reward this kind of decency.
Don

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:40:30 PM »
Send him a small letter bomb, one that would just singe his beard. He may or may not get a kick outta it but I know I sure would when he shows up to work with a smoking beard :-D  :-D  :-D  :twisted: Just funnin ya Haywire don't shoot. :wink:But seriously I know Ian  kinda sorta and I think Big Blue is right just pass along the favor. what gose around comes around. A hand shake and a kind word is about all I ever need from any man. Enjoy the scales he'll be happy.
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 05:01:28 PM »
I knew there was a reason I kept reading the old (and new) H&R/NEF forumÂ… itÂ’s because of the wonderful folks I have met and read about.  

My vote goes for what Big Blue says.  Random acts of kindness are always the best.

:mrgreen:
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 05:12:18 PM »
The kindness, consideration, and defense that has been shown to me by members of this group on "another board" (you guess which one) recently has overwhelmed me  :oops:  I am sincerely grateful to those involved, you know who you are. I like others have not even met any of you personally with the exception of one phone call to Wlscott and Digger and I being neighbors. This is yet another example of the "family" atmosphere that is attached to purchasing, owning, and shooting these guns. Family is a knot not soon untied and it's a shame that H&R/NEF didn't recognize this instead of just shutting it all down like they did. I can't help but think that they somehow believed that they could put an end to this family but thanks to Graybeard and all the guys who have migrated here that has been proven wrong.
Thanks again and Good livin' and Good shootin' .......lik2hunt
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Leftoverdj

GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 04:32:53 AM »
There don't seem to be nothing but good guys here. I ain't gonna go listing no long list of names, but everyone in on the reamer project has done the job and got the reamer and check in the mail quick as they could. Folks who could have done more than one on the sly have told me what they were doing and paid up for both jobs.

Clearanceman and myself got in a tangle with a shipping company that lost a gun in transit and got that mess straightened out with good will on both sides.

Gun folks run more than middlin' honest anyway, but we have a community here. It's a rather odd spread out community, but we all have out places in it and we value them enough to go to some lengths to keep our good names in this community.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 06:03:35 AM »
:D Roger That DJ 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline .308

• Contributor
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 10:55:25 AM »
Roger that DJ. I won't mention names either, but we got a bunch of folks that are so generous and helpful, both with their time and 'stuff' for lack of a better word. But most of all their patients with guys like me. I thank you all, and it's an honor to know you and call you my Friends.

Offline dread

• Avid Poster
GOOD GUY REPORT!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 01:10:23 PM »
I'd have to agree on the kindness, generosity, and kinship on most of the gun forums I've been on. I have a very old reloading manual that had several pages missing. Two fellows emailed me the missing pages and I printed them and put them in my old manual. They didn't ask me for a thing for their time and effort. I'll always remember them tho. Very nice fellows.  :-)