Author Topic: nephew bit on one  (Read 334 times)

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
nephew bit on one
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
Just talked to my brother, his son in Greeley came away from Walmart with a new scoped .270.  My bro is going up tomorrow for the initial shoooting.  Taking his .243.  I mentioned shimming, O ringing, or whatever, but don't know what they  will do.  If they don't look up this sight, that is their loss.  I don't know what Wm has, but it was a scoped setup.  Will have to wait for the report as to stock, scope power and all.  I am expecting wood, and a Bushnell no name 4-12, but can hope for synthetic and a 3-9. :P

My grandson's future .243 maintained POI when I took it out today, so my bedding must have worked.  The other g sons .243 shot OK last week.  Now all I have to do is get them to age from their present 4 and 5.
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: nephew bit on one
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
Is a .270 enough rifle up there? I have had plans for years now to move to AK, but the Army has had other plans for me. :-\

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: nephew bit on one
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »
My dad had me shooting 22's when I was 4 or 5, 35 years or so ago.  Browning auto, emptied the tube magazine every time from the hill into a small river. :)  Thankfully I found the single shot later on. ;)  Sounds to me like you need a compact Sporster or send off for a 22 Hornet barrel and a youth stock. ;D  The younguns need to be shooting.