Author Topic: History seems to repeat itself....trying again now  (Read 921 times)

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
History seems to repeat itself....trying again now
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:38 AM »
Saw this quote from Martin Luther King and see the same climate in USA today...

Shortly after President Kennedy’s assassination, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote that it was time for our nation to do some soul-searching, and while the question “Who killed President Kennedy?” was important, answering the question “What killed President Kennedy?” was even more critical.

Dr. King believed the answer was that “our late president was assassinated by a morally inclement climate”: “It is a climate filled with heavy torrents of false accusation, jostling winds of hatred, and raging storms of violence. It is a climate where men cannot disagree without being disagreeable, and where they express dissent through violence and murder."

I  see this happening again, or maybe it never stopped?
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: History seems to repeat itself....trying again now
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:07:55 AM »
It's hard to draw any firm conclusions from Kennedy's assassination since there is no agreement as to exactly who was behind it.   What was the purpose of whacking JFK?  Who gained from it?  How did it further Lee Harvey Oswald's cause--whatever that might have been? 

As to what killed Kennedy; the simple answer is a rifle.  The danged thing was just sitting there and went off.  The same way these evil awful instruments go off when they get around a school full of kids, or a super model locked in a john.
Swingem

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:58 AM »

I'll go with "it never stopped". Looking back throughout history such altercations are what shaped our earths civilizations. Here in the U.S. we've had major internal conflicts every hundred +\- years. Scary as it is to think about, statistically we're overdue.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:59:19 AM »
  How about a bit of balance here;
     Mckinley, Lincoln and Archduke Franz Ferdinand were killed by handguns..Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan were also shot with handguns..so why are the Obama bananas going after rifles? ;) ;D ;D

Perhaps rifles would be more of a threat to a brownshirt army... ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:52:28 AM »
  How about a bit of balance here;
     Mckinley, Lincoln and Archduke Franz Ferdinand were killed by handguns..Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan were also shot with handguns..so why are the Obama bananas going after rifles?
For the same reason the Clinton bananas did - military-style semi-autos are low-hanging fruit, with best likelihood of getting enough votes for a ban.

That's why.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
Hitler survived and eluded every assassination attempt.  The German leader was fighting Communism, the Evil Empire.  Maybe the Lord recognized that and had a hand in his work.  :D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 07:16:14 AM »
"Morally inclement climate"  to me sounds like a bunch of mumbo /jumbo to me. People have always been fighting and probably always will be. I do think  the President has the ability to help bring people from both sides of the argument together or push them apart.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
"Morally inclement climate"  to me sounds like a bunch of mumbo /jumbo to me. People have always been fighting and probably always will be. I do think  the President has the ability to help bring people from both sides of the argument together or push them apart.

He did bring people together.  They elected him.   ;D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »

He did bring people together.  They elected him.   ;D

YEP, just like your mentor hussein. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 03:37:55 AM »
Hitler survived and eluded every assassination attempt.  The German leader was fighting Communism, the Evil Empire.  Maybe the Lord recognized that and had a hand in his work.  :D
I doubt if God chose Hitler as the lesser of 2 evils and helped him survive to murder millions more. Communism, the "evil empire" ,is all but gone..Even the biggest communist country, China, is thriving on capitalism.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »

Shortly after President Kennedy’s assassination, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote that it was time for our nation to do some soul-searching, and while the question “Who killed President Kennedy?” was important, answering the question “What killed President Kennedy?” was even more critical.

Dr. King believed the answer was that “our late president was assassinated by a morally inclement climate”: “It is a climate filled with heavy torrents of false accusation, jostling winds of hatred, and raging storms of violence. It is a climate where men cannot disagree without being disagreeable, and where they express dissent through violence and murder."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      I agree..It apparently continues.....  we hear of accusations such as "war on Women", you want to starve the children...war on the poor....bitter clingers...put your sheets back in the closet...you want dirty water...you want dirty air...   We hear such pet names as "racist".."homophobe"....."neanderthal"...."Bible thumper"....and .."gun nut".
   Hate and derision is daily being heaped upon us of both the Christian and the hunting/shooting fraternity..
  We realize that the "Headstart" program is a waste..losers, babysitting other loser's children.. but if we suggest programs like that be cancelled..we are accused of "waging war against children"..

How about " You don't need more than 7 rounds to shoot a deer!"
               ....If we disagree, we are called a bunch of "gun nut, neanderthals"..

Yes; there is a lot of hate being pedaled around these days..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      I agree..It apparently continues.....  we hear of accusations such as "war on Women", you want to starve the children...war on the poor....bitter clingers...put your sheets back in the closet...you want dirty water...you want dirty air...   We hear such pet names as "racist".."homophobe"....."neanderthal"...."Bible thumper"....and .."gun nut".
   Hate and derision is daily being heaped upon us of both the Christian and the hunting/shooting fraternity..
  We realize that the "Headstart" program is a waste..losers, babysitting other loser's children.. but if we suggest programs like that be cancelled..we are accused of "waging war against children"..

How about " You don't need more than 7 rounds to shoot a deer!"
               ....If we disagree, we are called a bunch of "gun nut, neanderthals"..

Yes; there is a lot of hate being pedaled around these days..

how true!

i'm tired of being told i have to be sorry for being "white" and "Rich" or successful  ...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »

i'm tired of being told i have to be sorry for being "white" and "Rich" or successful  ...

You don't have to be sorry for being those things, but you'd better keep it quiet. 
Swingem

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 05:23:34 AM »

You don't have to be sorry for being those things, but you'd better keep it quiet.

What good would being quiet do?  Whites are being dispossessed. Now is the time to complain.  Democracy means government by the people.  But we need to hear from the people.   :o

I doubt if God chose Hitler as the lesser of 2 evils and helped him survive to murder millions more. Communism, the "evil empire" ,is all but gone..Even the biggest communist country, China, is thriving on capitalism.

Communism may have receded, but the same villains who ran it are running capitalism.  You see, for them, each ideology is just a tool for really what is a primitive role, and that is expanding benefits to one ethnic group. Like the Iraq War, we ask, "What was the true motivation, if it wasn't about WMD's?"   ???