Author Topic: transfer bar  (Read 650 times)

Offline samsonjohn

• Trade Count: (1)
transfer bar
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
I know it has been asked but I can not seam to find the thread on it.  Or remember what it said when I read it

OK. Holding my hr pardner barrel pointing up and out as if shouldered  my transfer bar falls back not down but back about 1/4 an inch and to the right around 1/8 an inch the  hammer still hits it and it still fires like new but just wondering if  I need to do something to prevent a future problem or if it is all good. I just can't remember if it did this new. Around 800 rounds through it in the last month and a half.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: transfer bar
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »
Buy a new transfer bar(lifer striker) from Numrich(look under New England Firearms), when it gets floppy like that, it's on it's last legs. You may be able to peen the two parts together so they're tighter, but when it breaks you're SOL, so best to have a spare, see spare parts recommendation in the FAQs sticky.

Tim

www.e-gunparts.com
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline samsonjohn

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
Is it covered under warranty?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »
Maybe, more than likely if it's newish, call and ask, you'll have to send it in for repair tho, they won't normally send the part to you, it has to be installed by their gunsmith. Since it's not causing a problem yet, they may not authorize a repair.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp

ps.... Knowing the problems with the t-bar I'd prolly fib a little and tell em it's misfired a few times just to get it fixed, it's gonna fail sooner than later... that's if I didn't do my own repairs.   You might even get them to cover return shipping if you ask, they've done it before.  ;)

Offline samsonjohn

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »
My thoughts are I would love them to cover shipping there because  while it is there I would like to get a barrel or two on it and so I would cover return shipping. I'll try this out I'll give them a call after work.

Offline samsonjohn

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
The barrel I want the most is that 30 inch trap barrel I have called and pestered them several times and the answer is ale way no! And then the 22 inch mod probably two of them so if I want I have one to cut down.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
The trap gun was discontinued long ago and they didn't make many of them if going by how many have been reported here, it's never been available as an accessory barrel.  You might have a chance of getting the 28" TDC barrel tho, it's still listed on the acc barrel list. You may have better chance of buying a 2nd hand 28" TDC barrel in the classifieds if they're out, it's where I got mine.

Tim