Author Topic: A representation of freedom  (Read 450 times)

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
A representation of freedom
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:02:12 PM »
  This is no newsbreaking story, just something I saw that somehow struck me and I've thought about it since. Finally just decided to write it down although I'm not really sure what there is to say in reponse about it.

Over the last few months I've started stopping by a local gunshop called Hyatts, a good bit. Twice a week anyways as I pick up a little bit of this and that. Hyatts is unique in that they are still pretty well stocked with both ammo and semi auto rifles of all varieties. They are EXPENSIVE but are continuing to stock the hard to find stuff. Most people in the packed store are white men and women. Let me say 95%. There are a few respectable looking black men arming up but no hispanics of any appearance or thugs of any race. I don't know why, but that's what I see, and Charlottes a diverse city. So that's why I noticed the asian looking fellow and his wife down near the semi autos.

I walked closer and watched the couple as they spoke to the salesman. He turned and plucked an AK of some kind off the wall, checked the already calblelocked chamber and handed the rifle to the man, who I believe was vietnamese or from a country attached to it.  One thing for sure, he was excited about that rifle. He ran his hands down it like a long lost love, barely looked at it but his fingers already knew what they were touching. He knew that rifle and I wondered if the tiny man was a montagnard perhaps, who knows but his age and appearance spoke of his probable involvement in the era of vietnam. He showed the rifle to his wife and smiled as he spoke, I'm to deaf to know what was said, but in my mind I figured it was "remember this?"

Now the reason I wrote of this in the 2nd amendment section of GBO was simply because I realized the power of the right we hold as legal Citizens, no matter our size, age or country of origin, to protect ourselves and our family with whatever weapon we deem adequate. Now why that man had decided to purchase such a weapon that day is unknown to me, but I don't doubt it was the 1rst time he'd held one in 30 or 40 years. To lose such a right would be to lose what it means to be free. I didn't actually see him purchase the weapon but I did see the background check procedure begin and the paperwork come out. He was not hesitant but appeared empowered, which he was. I have no doubt he left with his rifle.   J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline SharonAnne

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A representation of freedom
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »
We the People.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: A representation of freedom
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »
 Well that pretty much sums it up SharonAnne..thank you for getting what I was tryin to say.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB