Author Topic: 25-06 Handi got new (repaired) scope  (Read 220 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
25-06 Handi got new (repaired) scope
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:25:40 AM »
Several years ago the wife gave me a Winchester brand scope.  4-12X50 and it worked well on my TCR 22-250.  Had an accident and the objective lens got chipped, with glass shards loose in the scope.  Sent the scope to a guy in Arkansas who advertises repair for Winchester scopes.  Got it back and mounted it on my 25-06 Handi. 

Was very unhappy with the scope I had on the gun, not enough scope for this caliber.  Sighted it in yesterday for 200 yards.  Shot three five shot groups, last two all within a four inch circle.  (My shooting was sloppy yesterday, got a bum wrist)  Was hoping to get out today and shoot on out to 500 yards, but it's snowing.  Maybe tomorrow, we'll see.  Looks like I have a good match here, a scope that compliments the caliber and capabilities of the gun.  This 25-06 does not have a brake on it.  Don't think I'll put one on it either.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.