Author Topic: Wholesale Sports to Sportsmans Warehouse grrrrrrr!  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Plenty Coups

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Plenty Coups Archery
Wholesale Sports to Sportsmans Warehouse grrrrrrr!
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
Went in to buy a Handi in 22-250 at WS in Missoula and it was closed! Signs say it is going to be a Sportsmans Warehouse again. WTH? :o  I waited quite sometime for one to show up and now the store is gone and I suspect my handi as well. :(  More big business shenanigans it looks like!! The dang buy out was only a couple years ago. Oh well the shelves weren't stocked that well anyway. Still ticks me off as Hamilton does not have much in the way of reloading supplies nor H&R dealers. :(
"Diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggy while finding a rock"- Will Rogers

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Wholesale Sports to Sportsmans Warehouse grrrrrrr!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
They're closed until the 15th here while they restock and make the changeover, at least that's what they told us.  ???

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,275945.msg1099670603.html#msg1099670603
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
Same situation in Helena,Mt.I went up there and it was closed :( :( :(   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:10:25 PM »
Still closed today here too, someone picked the phone up and immediately hung up, prolly tired of answering they're closed! You'd think they'd have a recording made by now. :-\

Tim

Offline rodman68

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
Went today to purchase a FN FNX in 9mm that I looked at a week and a half ago.  Did think it was odd that there was boxes of stuff on the floor, and new safes with the shipping cardboard on it just thought new stock coming in.  Just hand wrote signs on the door that they are closed one had a sad face on it.  No notes saying that they will be a sportsmans again, I bet this one wont open due to the cabelas.  If this is true I prefer wholesale/sportsmans over cabelas anytime, but this store was not that busy.

Offline rodman68

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
Forgot to mention this called the number its not disconnected but it just keeps ringing.

Offline rodman68

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »
Sent an email to sportsmans warehouse and the reply was they didn't purchase the Lacey Wa store so it doesn't look like its going to change hands. Did someone buy it or is it just closing?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57:27 PM »
SW opened today, big crowd, nothing new, same old stock as WS had, shelves just marked with new skus and prices, mostly the same price, some lower, 3 weeks ago they had a box of 416 Rigby on the shelf for $192, its $179 now. Wood stocked Handis are $269.99, couldn't see the tags on the syn models and didn't wait for the counter guy to get to me, left disappointed without buying a thing.  :-\

Tim