Author Topic: BC carbine  (Read 880 times)

Offline B S

• Trade Count: (0)
BC carbine
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »
I just stumbled across a Buffalo Classic carbine in a shop today. I believe this one might be new and just never purchased. I know they are out of production so what are they worth? Is one worth having in the safe?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: BC carbine
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
Personally I'd go $350 but no more than that. They're not exactly rare but they're not easy to find either... most guys who have one don't want to part with it... myself included. It's definitely worth buying if you can strike up a good deal with the seller.
Good luck with it... they're pretty good shooters and I personally think they're the best looking Handi that H&R ever put out.
If you do pick it up make sure to post some pics... we all know what they look like but we still want to see it. ;D

Spanky

Offline bucco921

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
Spanky, you mean they arent worth 525$ ???????????? ::) . lol. I just bought one and traded it, they look nice but the stocks just dont fit me right. Also I'm not a big fan of the "fake" case coloring. I love the real case coloring though. If you can get out the door around 350 you would definitely be ahead and if you didnt like it you could break it up and sell it fast.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
Spanky, you mean they arent worth 525$ ???????????? ::) . lol.

At that price I would buy three or four of them. :D

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:19 PM »
Dinny, 

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  What turns your crank may not turn mine.  Reasonable cost is only dictated by desire, either for ownership of the item or for a profit.  I wouldn't give 300 for one......only because I have one and don't need another.  I recently probably paid too much for two guns, both discontinued.  Why?  Because I wanted them and finally found them.  I paid the asking price.  Desire won.

I too was unhappy with the butt stock's fit and its metal butt plate.  I sold it and replaced it with a matching walnut checkered Monte Carlo which made it a lot easier to use the scope I need.

Pete.
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:13 AM »
I paid, what was it Tim?  $199.95? for mine.   8)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:29:15 AM »
Yupper, CDNN sold several hundred of them a couple years ago for $199.99-229.99 + shpg, mine was $248 shipped.  8)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 06:17:31 AM »
Pretty much seems like those prices were a 'bargain'..........
Now the dollar is worth less, they dont make 'em anymore, and it looks to be 'like new' rather than a truckbed beater. When you gonna find another one like it? Or, how long you want to look to find out this was 'the one'?
Only you can answer the question about how much it is worth to you.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline B S

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »
I called the shop, the BC carbine is new it has just been on the shelf hiding behind some larger guns for 3-4ish years. They want 359 for it....Let the haggling begin!!  If it was the same price as Quick's it would be in the safe already. I realize every gun is an individual but for you fellas that have one; Are they solid shooters? Does the 45lc do well on the handi platform?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
The 45LC is light and powerful. Mine is a very good shooter with cast and jacketed bullets. This is the second one I've had... I foolishly traded the first one and it took me two years to find another one. This one ain't going anywhere. ;)
$359 ain't really bad IMO... I'd try to haggle but if he stuck on the price I'd still buy it. A local shop has a used but new condition 45LC for $389 as a comparison. He knows they're discontinued and he's stuck on that price. :-\
Don't pass it up if you've got the extra money... you'll end up kicking yourself... trust me. :-[

Spanky

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:28 AM »
Well, he's already told you he's had it a fair good while and ain't sold it, so you have an idea about what his buy in at wholesale is........I'd offer $300 quick & clean out the door and see what he says.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
i recently sole 2 for $400 EACH......they are now about $500  where you find them

offer him  $300.......but have his asking price ready AND BUY IT

i reamed all mine to 454cassul  except the one i sold here to L_O

i saved the last one for myself...it ain't for sale
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline geezer56

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (102)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »
I had 3 of them.  Hate the stocks on them, but I don't like the BC stocks either.  I still have 2, both reamed to 454, and love them.  Both wear camo synthetic stocks.  My grandson killed a hog with his, my is as yet unbloodied.  But the 454, or 45 Colt either, will do a number on anything you need to shoot in the lower 48.  Accuracy was greatly improved in mine by the Casull treatment.  I bought a reamer made for a rifle, with the longer tapered throat.  It is the one here on GBO being passed around now.  I ordered 2 of them from my LGS when they first came available, I paid like $325 each out the door.  The other one was purchased from a table at a gun show, used.  I think I paid $300 for it.  I sold all the stock sets and got some of the money back, let a buddy buy one of the guns after I reamed it.   Just ask yourself this-In 10 yrs, which would I prefer to have, the gun or whatever else you would have bought with the money.