Author Topic: DHS refuses to answer questions about huge weapons, ammo purchases.  (Read 3811 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Re: DHS refuses to answer questions about huge weapons, ammo purchases.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
Once again don't even reply to our protectors of the left. Type DHS Ammunition into your browser bar, hit enter and see for yourself. Alex Jones is just one part of a huge network of people concerned about the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition bought by an arm of the Executive branch.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »
P-Man
You among others just love to throw 3rd Reich innuendo anytime you lack an original thought.
FYI The real brownshirts(SA) fought the Communist sympathizers in the streets in support of their country not to beenslaved to Moscow. Your DHS has no similarity.
The similarity is between the communist sympathizers and the DHS. Why not be suspicious of anything the Obama administration does?

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
RICK. Good posts Sir. Yer right, some posters are best ignored. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »
So is them not telling much different than a husban not telling his wife what gun and ammo he picked up ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jpred1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
Well , they HS bought the crap for some reason, Truther or not, if you do not feel the need to know why or what for , your just an Idiot.
All of a sudden everyone who doesnt buy into the general media ideas are conspiracy theorist or truthers. Well we will soon see , denial wont help you, poke your heads in the sand .
Still dreaming of that Boone and Crocket Pistol Kill!!!

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
Anybody have detailed breakdown on exactly what type of ammunition has been purchased by DHS??
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:44 AM »
Well , they HS bought the crap for some reason, Truther or not, if you do not feel the need to know why or what for , your just an Idiot.
All of a sudden everyone who doesnt buy into the general media ideas are conspiracy theorist or truthers. Well we will soon see , denial wont help you, poke your heads in the sand .

I don't know for sure why they aquired so much but if we consider why they may have it might be worth while. What is Homeland security for ? most would like to think it is to protect America so lets go with that. So what is their area of operation ? Again most would consider the entire USA . So would it not be responsible for them to warehouse equipment , vehicles , water , ammo etc in stragic locations around America ? including non main land locations ? They then could move personal easier knowing supplies are near when they arrive on location. The FBI already does this as may most agencys . The others have had years to build up stock piles where HS just started and had to equip quickly. Add in pratice ammo and the trend to use carry ammo for pratice the start up order would be extensive. One list I saw posted noted 40 S&W (the most), 38 spl. , 9mm, 357mag., 223, 308, 300WM, 45 acp, and more. It would seem with their ablity to use local law enforcement it might be expected that they may have to also supply them with ammo so the varied inventory seems reasonable.
 now it is prudent to ask why but is it wise to start rumors ? It would seem only an idoit would start false rumors and make knee jerk statements .

Offline magooch

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »
So why is it that reportedly the DHS will not answer Congressional inquires about the ammunition purchases?  If it isn't any of their business, then whose is it?  Trust, but verify!  Wait, forget the trust thing, just verify.
Swingem

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 05:00:25 AM »
Well, according to the constitution, the armed American people are supposed to be the homeland security.  Local sheriffs are to form possees if necessary to deal with a problem from citizens.  Citizens can supply their own weapons.  Doesn't cost the state anything.  If they need to surround and area, home, etc, where a warrent is being given and need help, they can form possees.  We do not need homeland security as such.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »
P-Man
You among others just love to throw 3rd Reich innuendo anytime you lack an original thought.
FYI The real brownshirts(SA) fought the Communist sympathizers in the streets in support of their country not to beenslaved to Moscow. Your DHS has no similarity.
The similarity is between the communist sympathizers and the DHS. Why not be suspicious of anything the Obama administration does?
I am suspicious of everything every administration does, including this one...but everyone who doesn't agree with you a communist sympathizer and needs to be ignored?  Guess that's your choice...
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »
Obama is certainly a leftist who cares not a bit for our Constitution unless it suits his purposes. DHS is under the control of the Executive branch so hence the similarity between the communist sympathizers and the DHS. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that their support of this administration makes them defacto leftist sympathizers. If you disagree with this then do a little more research and see if your mind changes. Break away from the lamestream media and check out a news source that often gives both sides of the story.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 07:09:40 AM »
i don't know why they are doing it
every thing stated  is possible

my advice  is  let them lead by example.....stock pile and prepare yourself

might even just be a trick to drive up the cost of ammo and  boost the economy
i guess  i am falling for it  and getting ready for the worse...
.tho things  most likely will be fine  as long as i am around
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 08:33:32 AM »
Just did a quick search on the amounts and calibers of ammo that DHS has either bought or wants to buy.
All total, right at 2,ooo,ooo,ooo (Two Billion Rounds).
Mostly 223, 40 S&W and 9mm .
Over 10,000,000 rounds each bought of 9mm 115gr JHPs and 40 S&W 165gr JHPs.
40,000 rounds of 9mm FMJ Ball ammo.
The contract for purchase was awarded for 1.6 billion rounds to be delivered over the next 5 years.
That's over 26,000,000 rounds a month, every month for the next 5 years.
They have requested as much as 420,000,000 rounds (420 Million) of 40 S&W HPs in different weights and some in lead HPs.
Mixed in is a range of calibers from 38 special, 308 165gr HPs, 30-06, 357 mag JHPs, 44 Mag 240gr JHPs,45 ACP FMJ, 12 GA Buck shot and Bird shot of different sizes.
I was not able to find out the quantities of the different types and calibers of ammo but if you search I am sure it is out there somewhere.
DHS says it is all for practice and training yet no former member or employee has stated that they have ever used JHPs for either purpose.
They just cost to much compaired to FMJ ammo.

You all make up your own minds.
I am just stating what I was able to find doing a quick search over the internet.
How much truth is in any of it is something we will only find out IF and WHENEVER they decide to use it on us!!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline powderman

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:21 AM »
Well, according to the constitution, the armed American people are supposed to be the homeland security.  Local sheriffs are to form possees if necessary to deal with a problem from citizens.  Citizens can supply their own weapons.  Doesn't cost the state anything.  If they need to surround and area, home, etc, where a warrent is being given and need help, they can form possees.  We do not need homeland security as such.

DIXIE DUDE. Good post Sir. Hussein is evil. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »
Just did a quick search on the amounts and calibers of ammo that DHS has either bought or wants to buy.
All total, right at 2,ooo,ooo,ooo (Two Billion Rounds).
Mostly 223, 40 S&W and 9mm .
Over 10,000,000 rounds each bought of 9mm 115gr JHPs and 40 S&W 165gr JHPs.
40,000 rounds of 9mm FMJ Ball ammo.
The contract for purchase was awarded for 1.6 billion rounds to be delivered over the next 5 years.
That's over 26,000,000 rounds a month, every month for the next 5 years.
They have requested as much as 420,000,000 rounds (420 Million) of 40 S&W HPs in different weights and some in lead HPs.
Mixed in is a range of calibers from 38 special, 308 165gr HPs, 30-06, 357 mag JHPs, 44 Mag 240gr JHPs,45 ACP FMJ, 12 GA Buck shot and Bird shot of different sizes.
I was not able to find out the quantities of the different types and calibers of ammo but if you search I am sure it is out there somewhere.
DHS says it is all for practice and training yet no former member or employee has stated that they have ever used JHPs for either purpose.
They just cost to much compaired to FMJ ammo.

I am just stating what I was able to find doing a quick search over the internet.
How much truth is in any of it is something we will only find out IF and WHENEVER they decide to use it on us!!!

LONGTOM
I would like to see a source for your info Tom, I did a search also and found the article in the Denver newspaper and if you look at comments on the article you'll find this info:
Re: Article Discussion: Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6 billio Post height=9by Johnny R. on March 12th, 2013, 12:29 pm #2921041
 >Alferd wrote:According to the federal purchasing information site, the buy was for only 240,000 rounds, how did you get to 1.6 Billion?

https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbweb/fb ... AAyVXBA0Or

Well thats just a small order...
Check this 1:
200 milions:
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity ... bmode=list
Open the PDF "instruction to offerors": .223 SD (Instructions to Offerors) Amendment 1.pdf
And there U wil find "The estimated amount over the 5 year duration of the contract will be 200,000,000 rounds."
Thats what I found from infowars. com.  (This is the problem...not a credible source)says Garbhead
There was as well info about 750 milions order... Generaly its 1-2bilions
The hollow pionts bullet they buy at 200,000 ammounts... but other it goes in hundred milions

This is the big problem with "this is what I found on the internet"....just because it is in print, doesn't necessarily make it facts....

Like some saying "it has been reported that...."  yes maybe reported but is it the truth?

I am open to looking at some credible links to your facts....
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
I looked at the Constitution and I can't seem to find these passages in there, maybe you can direct me to it, thanks

sold it for $125

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
I looked at the Constitution and I can't seem to find these passages in there, maybe you can direct me to it, thanks

Just look up the word "militia" and how it relates to our Constitution. You and I are the civilian security that Dixie mentions.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »
DHS under fire for buying another 360000 bullets 'to save money'
www.whptv.com/news/local/story/While-ammunition-is-hard-to-find-Department-...
www.naturalnews.com/036925_DHS_ammo_stockpiling_government_secrets.html
cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/police-departments-beg-and-barter...
www.examiner.com/article/dhs-adds-21-6-million-rounds-of-ammo-to-its-nearly...

This is just a few of what I read.
You can look up the others if you want.
There are plenty of others that say the DHS never bought that much ammo.
You decide!!!
We had this discussion a week or so ago in another post about what DHS had bought.
In that post was copies of purchase orders with quantities of the ammo being bought.
Now DHS has saw fit to black out the quantities on the order forms on various web sites.
Wonder why?

Remember, I never said any of my reply was true.
What I said was "You all make up your own minds."

LONGTOM

NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline rickt300

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
Some of us are concerned about the ammo purchases but others still think government is here to change their diapers.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2013, 12:33:52 AM »
And others yet are simply after the truth.........no matter whose toes are stepped on. And others get to believing they are actually the person depicted in their avatars.....

sold it for $125

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »
Something more to chew on:

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43520

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline rickt300

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2013, 03:36:51 AM »
And others yet are simply after the truth.........no matter whose toes are stepped on. And others get to believing they are actually the person depicted in their avatars.....
What is the truth Garbhead? Have you noticed your government is not a fan of truth? When congress ask questions and gets ignored you best expect the worst. It is the rare leftist that thinks truth matters at all.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 04:07:25 AM »
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:15 AM »
Can't get my reply to show for some reason.
Sorry.

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline powderman

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:31 AM »
MECHANIC. Thanks for the link. I see that part of their job is border security. Any of you close to the border see them?? Where are most of these people located?? Where is all their equipment stored?? What VITAL part of security have they given us?? What do they do that hasn't always been handled by other legitimate entities?? Police, Natl guard, citizens groups, etc?? I smell a rat and it's name is hussein, he is pure evil.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 04:38:51 AM »
I am going to use your own link against you.

https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbweb/fb ... AAyVXBA0Or
Not sure the link works.
Go back up to reply # 48.

Some say it is only 1,000 rounds times 100 which equals 100,000 rounds per caliber plus 40,000 more rounds. Total 240,000 rounds.
What about the MX UNIT TOTAL?
We all agree that MX is 1010 in Roman Numerals.
Take the 100,000 rounds and times it by (MX) 1010 and you get 101,000,000 (101 MILLION ROUNDS) per caliber plus an additional
40,000 rounds time (MX) 1010 and you get 40,000,000 more rounds for a total of 242,400,000 (242 MILLION 400 THOUSAND) rounds total.
A far cry from 240,000 rounds.
Now you tell me which is right?

A standard magazine holds at least 13 rounds.
240,000 rounds divided by 13 and you have a total of 18,461 full magazines.
DHS has well over 200,000 employees.
At that rate each person would be issued 1 round with 40,000 more employees being blessed with 1 additional round.
Not much to practice with now is it.
Does your numbers sound right to you now?

I don't know who is right on this but I know that 240,000 rounds total for all of DHS can't be right.

Think what you want and I will do the same.

Enough said on this matter as far as the number of rounds bought is concerned.

LONGTOM

NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 05:22:20 AM »
A good listen with some valid points.
The ammo mfgs don't have to bid on the contract but they are a fool if they don't try and get in on it.

It is a binding contract (if the government can be counted on to keep it's word---ask the AMERICAN INDIAN).

CONTRACT LAW:
What ever company gets those contracts, they are bound to fulfill them if called upon, so it is a binding contract.
It is not a solicitation contract for bids.
That is done when someone is looking for someone to do something for them in return of a gratitude.
That part is over when the company is awarded the contract.
It is now an awarded contract and is binding to both parties.

In plain english.
They ordered them and at some point are bound to take them and the company is bound to supply them.
That is the law.
Of course we all know that the government cares little for LAWS THAT PRETAIN TO THEM!!!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »
So why is it that reportedly the DHS will not answer Congressional inquires about the ammunition purchases?  If it isn't any of their business, then whose is it?  Trust, but verify!  Wait, forget the trust thing, just verify.

is that true ? it very well may be but where is the proof ?

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »
Something more to chew on:

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43520

Ben
Yes I looked at your link, but 1. It is only a proposed budget  2. Still don't see anything about billions of rounds of ammo in there or anywhere else. Yes and with all the bribes and influence in our govt., the days of no-bid contracts are here to stay.

sold it for $125

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:18 AM »
A weapons and ammo manufacturer comments on where all the ammo went:
http://xrepublic.tv/node/2684
They're drying up the market...but manufacturers don't have to bid on government contracts!
..TM7
I listened to it as well, but again you must consider the source...Michael Savage right-wing multi-millionaire talking to Thomas? Thomas who?  There are a lot of FFL- ammo manufacturers out there...You and I can get a class 7 FFL and make ammo and firearms..plus I don't see DHS buying any 22lr ammo,   where's it going?  CCI alone puts out over 4 Million rounds of 22 lr every day !!! Not counting the rest of them ,  who's getting all of it?  Try buying a 50 round box anywhere...not gonna happen unless you are willing to pay $6-10 for it....then you can get all you want, but not at Wally World or B-ass Pro.

sold it for $125