Author Topic: bushnell legend  (Read 667 times)

Offline jgalar

• Trade Count: (0)
bushnell legend
« on: February 19, 2004, 07:47:57 AM »
Does the bushnell legend fall between the trophy and the elite 3200 scopes? I don't see much mentioned about the legend.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
bushnell legend
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 08:13:48 AM »
I'm gonna defer to Bushnell Boy on this since he works there he should better understand the precise relationship of all the various product lines. I've tested the full range of lines of Bushnell scopes and I can say without hesitation that within their price range you'll find them mighty dang hard to beat. If I were looking in a particular price range on the lower end of the scale I'd sure not over look the Bushnell's. Yeah there is a difference but they are uniformly bright and clear and I found no mechanical problems with any so far. The majority of my experience with Bushnell's scopes is at the Trophy and Elite level but the others are well worth the price in my opinion.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

Re: bushnell legend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 08:32:57 AM »
Quote from: jgalar
Does the bushnell legend fall between the trophy and the elite 3200 scopes? I don't see much mentioned about the legend.

Price wise, yes.  The legends are less expensive than the Elite 3200s.  The primary difference between the Legends and the 3200s is that the Legends do NOT have rainguard.  However, while the Elite 3200s have about 88% light transmission, the Legends, although less expensive, have about 91% light transmission.  The 4200s have 95% light transmission.  Of course light transmission in and of itself is not everything, but it is relative to the quality of the optics.  

Another difference is that the 3200s and 4200s have titanium in the tubes, while the Legends do not.  While I have never had a regular aluminum tube break on me (or even bend) having titanium in the tube makes it stronger.

Those are essentially the main differences.  

Zachary

Offline Bushnell Boy

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.hotspothunting.com/common/showsite.asp?dovend=0&id=29555
bushnell legend
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 11:46:39 AM »
Zachary hit it on the nose. Yes the Legend does fall between the 3200 and the trophy. It is a very small product line. In 04 they are only making 4 different scopes in that series. The legend and the 3200 do have very similar light transmition the 3200 is above 90% I think its 92% I'll have to check into that.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Offline Kent Harshman

Legend vs. Elite 3200
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 03:28:11 PM »
Given that the Legend is advertised and priced as a slightly "lesser quality" scope than the 3200, why is it that Bushnell chose to fully-multicoat the Legend's and only multicoat the 3200's?