Author Topic: Buffalo Revolver  (Read 560 times)

Offline crossbow

• Trade Count: (0)
Buffalo Revolver
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:03:31 AM »
I have heard every type of cap and ball revolver mentioned here,well almost.Does anybody shoot the 12 inch barrel Buffalo or Bison as it is also advertised .It gives a considerable increase in power over the 8 inch guns using the same load.I have one of these and I fitted it with a shoulder stock which made a real cute little carbine out of it,anybody like me who has all the rest and is looking for something different should have a look at one of these.
Deactivated as trouble maker. Do not reactivate.

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
Buffalo Revolver
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:46:12 PM »
Yup, I have seen them advertised, but never saw one in person. I would think it would be more of a conversation piece than anything. I know I wouldn't try to bring down a buffalo with one  :grin:  I figure with a full load of something like 35 or so grains that the muzzle velocity might be around 900. I would like to know, just to know, but I like the short barrels for cowboy action and that is all I shoot.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
Buffalo Revolver
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 02:10:02 AM »
My mother-in-law got one of the brass framed ones for me for christmas a few years back.  I keep the loads to ~25 grains because of the brass frame, but it is the most accurate pistol I own.   I just wish they had came with fixed sights so I could use one in competition.

Offline crossbow

Buffalo Revolver
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 08:26:30 AM »
I have not chronographed it myself but I have a loading manual which gives the following; 35 fffg .454 RB = muzzle velocity 1031 - muzzle energy 333 foot pounds.I believe it is the long sight radius that helps them to shoot so accurate.And no I would not fire it at a Buffalo or any other handgun for that matter,not unless I had a fast motorcycle alongside me with the engine running
Deactivated as trouble maker. Do not reactivate.