Author Topic: Gop Lies?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline RaySendero

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Gop Lies?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »

Obama has spent more than any other President in history! TRUE.
On January 20, 2009 our national debt was $10.6 trillion, today it’s $16.7 trillion—for a $6.1 trillion increase. For the mathematically challenged, $6.1 trillion in 4 years vs $10.6 trillion in the previous 232 years.

There fixed it for you George!
    Ray

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »

Obama has spent more than any other President in history! TRUE.
On January 20, 2009 our national debt was $10.6 trillion, today it’s $16.7 trillion—for a $6.1 trillion increase. For the mathematically challenged, $6.1 trillion in 4 years vs $10.6 trillion in the previous 232 years.

There fixed it for you George!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You sure did!  ..And George accused others of being "mathematically challenged"! ;) ;D

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
Lies? Notice that Obam is now pushing gun control hard. Happy now Foster?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline George Foster

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
And how do you know these statements from the Republicans are fact other than listening to Trump, Bachmann, Palin and some other dingbats?  His birth certificate has been released a couple of times now and if you choose not to believe it just keep on doing so along with your friends.

What statements?
I never mention anyone by name or by party in my reply to your post.
In reallity what I beleave has no bearing on my reply to you.
I asked if you could prove it.
Fact is, you can't !!!

LONGTOM

I don't need to prove it, the naysayers are the ones that need to.
Good Shooting,
George

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »
Speaking of Lies.  Obama keeps yapping about 40% of gun sales are done w/o background checks.  Take a look at the Auction Arms, Gun Auction site newsletter site. The explanations for the top 5 anti gun myths have some airs of truth to my way of thinking. Appears the process to estimate 40% is pretty shaky at best. Darn, and now I can't find that newsletter they send me.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 02:02:27 AM »
Only because historical fact is not a good argument for some on this board...
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:57 AM »

Similar to how Constitutional law isn't a good argument for others   ::)
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline rickt300

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 04:29:36 AM »
How about moving into the present! You lefties snivel about past administrations and never say a word about what the idiot in the White House is doing. There are important things happening right now and the leftist scum are doing them.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 05:02:20 AM »

Similar to how Constitutional law isn't a good argument for others   ::)

What's the Constitutional argument against same sex marriage? According to Article 4 of that document, married anywhere is married everywhere, so as soon as any state recognized same sex marriage, they all have to. Or, if you'd rather, everyone that gets married and moves to another state has to get married again.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 05:12:52 AM »

Same sex marriage? There are so many more important issues like gun control, the DHS buying more than a billion rounds, N Korea, the middle east, the economy etc. I really wonder where the leftist head dwells. In the sand somewhere deep possibly? Or are they just blind to the problems the present administration is making worse? Same sex marriage so what, I could care less who marries who as long as a preacher is not required to defy his religion by doing the marriage.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »
For once I agree. The rightys freak out over "same sex marriage" when the question should not even come up.But, then you have Palin, Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum attempting to talk about things like the economy and foreign policy--- not their strong suit.

Offline Casull

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
The rightys freak out over "same sex marriage" when the question should not even come up.

You're right, the question should not even come up since the term "same sex marriage" is an oxymoron.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline rickt300

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
And how do you know these statements from the Republicans are fact other than listening to Trump, Bachmann, Palin and some other dingbats?  His birth certificate has been released a couple of times now and if you choose not to believe it just keep on doing so along with your friends.

What statements?
I never mention anyone by name or by party in my reply to your post.
In reallity what I beleave has no bearing on my reply to you.
I asked if you could prove it.
Fact is, you can't !!!

LONGTOM

I don't need to prove it, the naysayers are the ones that need to.
Typical pass the buck Dem. They asked for Romney's tax info but Obama can't front a birth certificate, that is proof to me.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
For once I agree. The rightys freak out over "same sex marriage" when the question should not even come up.But, then you have Palin, Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum attempting to talk about things like the economy and foreign policy--- not their strong suit.
And you think economy and foreign policy are Obama's strong suit? That is tragic. A bad joke. The same sex marriage issue has been brought up by you and the leftist media/White House as a smoke screen to cover Obama's dismal failure in both important issues and Obama's gun control BS is more of the same.

Offline Casull

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »
And you think economy and foreign policy are Obama's strong suit? That is tragic. A bad joke.

+1
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
The rightys freak out over "same sex marriage" when the question should not even come up.

You're right, the question should not even come up since the term "same sex marriage" is an oxymoron.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah; like a Beagle turtle or a Bluetic Polar bear..

Some of our resident lefties are really hung up on that queer marriage thing..  'Spose they all live together in a yellow submarine...in Frisco Bay?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
And you think economy and foreign policy are Obama's strong suit? That is tragic. A bad joke. The same sex marriage issue has been brought up by you and the leftist media/White House as a smoke screen to cover Obama's dismal failure in both important issues and Obama's gun control BS is more of the same.

Obama was on the ground in Israel less than 24 hours. In that time he bolstered the US's support of Israel, got them and Turkey back on speaking terms, and pushed for a two state solution for Palestine. I'd say a pretty good day's work in foreign affairs. Face it, he did good.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 05:55:35 AM »
That is what the lamestream media and the White House would like you to believe. The relationship between Turkey and Israel was never threatened. There will never be a two state solution between Palestine and Israel, push all you want. Ignorant leftist dream. Why not get Jorden to give back the lands they took form the Palestinians? In reality there would never have been a need to bolster US's support for Israel if it were not for the stupidity of your favorite leftist.

Offline whetrock

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »
IMHO the GOP and Dems are both openly, and increasingly anti-individual liberty, and progressing towards an idealized police state. You bargain to a certain degree or another, but with joining either of the two parties you will loose some freedom. I'm just after less government, all around...... With the Right it's the War on Drugs, with the Left it's the War on Guns. In the end it's the 2nd and 4th amendments that are eroded. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 07:58:32 AM »
 :P

Obama was on the ground in Israel less than 24 hours. In that time he bolstered the US's support of Israel, got them and Turkey back on speaking terms, and pushed for a two state solution for Palestine. I'd say a pretty good day's work in foreign affairs. Face it, he did good.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :P

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »
IMHO the GOP and Dems are both openly, and increasingly anti-individual liberty, and progressing towards an idealized police state. You bargain to a certain degree or another, but with joining either of the two parties you will loose some freedom. I'm just after less government, all around...... With the Right it's the War on Drugs, with the Left it's the War on Guns. In the end it's the 2nd and 4th amendments that are eroded.

Right you are! In the end, it's both waging war on the Constitution and the American people.We appear to know when an opposing political party is wrong. It's the failure to see it in our own ranks that's the real problem for both Republicans and Democrats.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
That is what the lamestream media and the White House would like you to believe. The relationship between Turkey and Israel was never threatened. There will never be a two state solution between Palestine and Israel, push all you want. Ignorant leftist dream. Why not get Jorden to give back the lands they took form the Palestinians? In reality there would never have been a need to bolster US's support for Israel if it were not for the stupidity of your favorite leftist.

He didn't have to duck any shoes! That, by itself, is an improvement over he-who-must-not-be-named.   ;) ;D

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

He didn't have to duck any shoes! That, by itself, is an improvement over he-who-must-not-be-named.   ;) ;D

Lame answer!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Gary G

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »

Right you are! In the end, it's both waging war on the Constitution and the American people.We appear to know when an opposing political party is wrong. It's the failure to see it in our own ranks that's the real problem for both Republicans and Democrats.
Here is the way it works:
When the leftest in office moves too far left, the elites are not happy and put pressure on him/her to move back toward the center. This happened with Clinton. When the conservative in office moves too far right the same people put pressure on him for the same reason. The result is that government always grows and is able to accomplish more favors for the elite businessmen. The other result is that there is no difference between the two parties. Always, the candidates are vetted to be sure that they will play the game. This is why third parties are not successful. Corporate big money lies and smears keep them out. The gullible public falls for it.
So, why isn't there just one party? The direction would be the same, however if there was only one party, the people would, in time, become disenchanted with it and that would present the the possibility an overthrow. With two parties, when ordinary people (the suckers) are fed up with the welfare/warfare state and it's shenanigans, enough of them angrily vote the other party back in power, thinking that now things will change. It never changes....  That is until the parasites outnumber the host, at which point they will both die.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
Absolutely right, Gary. The corporations are the real rulers; they're making or breaking the government figures. The government we see is a puppet show.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »
Absolutely right, Gary. The corporations are the real rulers; they're making or breaking the government figures. The government we see is a puppet show.
Chung, if the government had stayed within it's constitutionally defined role, there would be no favors to pass out to corporations. It is very much akin to the merchantilism of England for which we fought a revolution. Corporations in and of themselves are a good thing. They have helped more people than about any institution. No one takes a job with a corporation unless they think that they are better off than before. And afterwards, if they don't believe they are still better off, they can quit. The standard of living, which had been stagnant for thousands of years at a subsistence level, began to  increase  exponentially with the industrial revolution. Freedom was the key change that allowed this revolution. I have nothing against a rich man if he came by it honestly, for he had to help many people along the way (even if he was honery and greedy).

Here is a great little book on the subject. You are a smart guy and I wish you could read it. If you were closer, you could read mine. It unmasks most of the Keynesian and Marxist lies that so many of us have come to believe over the years. Read the description and the review.

http://www.amazon.com/Unmasking-Sacred-Lies-Paul-Cleveland/dp/0972740112
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 08:00:42 AM »
I'll put it on my list. Right after "The People's History of the United States." I DO like to get both perspectives.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chung...you ARE a REAL JOKE !! 

So folks like Palin & Perry don't have a "strong suit" when it comes to economy..you must have done a "Rip Van Winkle"; and been sleeping for 20 years!  Both Perry & Palin have been CEOs of some very vibrant states. 

In Texas..Perry has a state which is growing, while Obama's charge (the USA) is slipping.   Texas has no income tax.

Palin was CEO of a very dynamic state; one which not only has no income tax..but actually rewards it's citizens with a check,.... their portion of state revenues.. Which "blue" state comes anywhere near that ?

Perry has experience in the Air Force;... as a governor presiding over a state with balanced books and working the fields and ranches of Texas..

Palin has experience of  running a prosperous state with a surplus, working the challenge of an Alaskan fishing boat, harvesting her own meat, hunting dangerous game and having an offspring in combat in the middle east.. 
      Both Perry & Palin have experiences which a Chicago "neighborhood organizer" cannot begin to relate to !

Then comes "foreign policy"..Bachman & Santorum..they put America first and don't feel especially obligated to Islamic terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood..so they certainly could do no worse at foreign policy..and likely, they would do much  better.. 
      ...And for the same reasons,  Perry or Palin would do better at foreign policy, than does butthead.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
So, explain Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas. Texas and Alaska both depend on oil taxes. Alaskan citizens only get a check because there are so few of them. Oh, yeah--- Snow Snookie didn't have anything to do with that--- about the only thing she did was leave it alone. Texas is growing, all right--- they'll be lucky if they don't become the first Hispanic majority state by 2016.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:41 AM »
So, explain Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas. They are all better off than places like Detroit, Chicago and Washington DC
    Texas and Alaska both depend on oil taxes. At least Texas and Alaska believe in harvesting their own oil..rather than buying from terrorist countries or allowing China & Russia to tap what is ours..as they are doing in the gulf.
    Alaskan citizens only get a check because there are so few of them.  Oh, yeah--- Snow Snookie didn't have anything to do with that--- about the only thing she did was leave it alone. Sorry, you're wrong..ask Sourdough how Palin arranged for the oli companies to share profits with the citizens of AK..
    Texas is growing, all right--- they'll be lucky if they don't become the first Hispanic majority state by 2016. You haven't noticed..productive people and corporations are leaving places like Leftie California..and going to Texas? 
  BTW: Texas has no problem with Hispanics, Texas just wants them to be LEGAL..it's the lefties who want perpetuate ILLEGAL crossings..