Author Topic: Black TX Democrat Wants to "Remove" Sheriffs Who challenge gun control  (Read 418 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
After 237 sheriffs in 30 different states pledged to ignore oppressive  gun control laws,  a liberal Democrat Negress in Texas has introduced legislation to "remover" any elected official who refuses to obey gun control laws.

Have you noticed that most blacks support gun control laws?  Didn't they learn anything from slavery?

How disgusting to think that 600,000 whites, on both sides, died during the civil war to free these "people."  We should have picked our own damned cotton!  :-\

http://washingtonexaminer.com/law-would-fire-sheriffs-for-defying-gun-control-measures/article/2525518

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Those sheriff's are elected officials.  I don't believe they can be fired by the legislature for failing to enforce anything.  Wonder how that law would affect elected officials who fail to enforce the federal immigration laws?    :o
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Wonder how that law would affect elected officials who fail to enforce the federal immigration laws?    :o

Or fail to enforce the US CONSTITUTION!!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Those sheriff's are elected officials.  I don't believe they can be fired by the legislature for failing to enforce anything.  Wonder how that law would affect elected officials who fail to enforce the federal immigration laws?    :o

Proposition 8, in California was "voted in" by the entire state against queer marriage. ONE JUDGE! Yep! One judge, said the people of California had no legal right to vote that law in, and it's still in the courts several years later.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline spruce

Nothing the libs would like more than to get rid of Sheriffs - I should say ELECTED Sheriffs.  All other law enforcement heads are appointed by the government, city, state, federal.  Sheriffs are elected by the people.  As such, they are the ONLY law enforcement organization who truly serve the wishes of the citizens in their jurisdiction.  Appointed department heads serve the wishes of the government who appointed them.

The libs goal is to remove Sheriffs who don't go along with the "party" line and then replace them with appointed Sheriffs who will enforce any laws the "party" passes, whether they are Constitutional or not.  Is it illegal to appoint Sheriffs?  Yes.  Would that stop libs from doing it?  No.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Well spruce, what you say is all true, but in the event that the State Governments start violating the postions of elected officials, I am not sure enough folks will step up, and defend these ELECTED SHERIFFS. There are a lot of "cop haters" out there.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
The libs goal is to remove Sheriffs who don't go along with the "party" line and then replace them with appointed Sheriffs who will enforce any laws the "party" passes, whether they are Constitutional or not.  Is it illegal to appoint Sheriffs?  Yes.  Would that stop libs from doing it?  No.
I wasn't aware of this. Is there a recall attempt somewhere? Which libs have introduced legislation toward the end you describe?

Were they all Negresses?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline spruce

If you read the OP you'll see that a liberal democrat in Texas introduced a bill to remove from office any elected official who refuses to "obey" any gun laws.  Now, how do you think they will be replaced?  Hold another election and give the people a chance to elect another Sheriff with like-minded views?  Not likely!

By the way, why is this legislation just for ELECTED officials?  Seems like it would make more sense for ALL government officials to obey the laws.  And why just GUN laws and not ALL laws?

Besides, there is already a procedure in place to remove elected officials from office - it's called a recall election.