Author Topic: Any sightings of the Topper Deluxe Classic yet?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Any sightings of the Topper Deluxe Classic yet?
« on: February 19, 2004, 01:36:54 PM »
Just wonderin since someone posted  that the new Sidekick muzzy is out. I cant wate to get my hands on one. should be a real versatile gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Any sightings of the Topper Deluxe Classic
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 01:53:16 PM »
All I want's a Barrel and I've got just the reciever to put it on ready to go to Mass... :grin:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 01:55:57 PM »
I hear the guns will be out this month, but no barrels to add until mid summer. now that was the last thing i heard, but i will be calling sometime next month and will check on the barrel then.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 02:13:34 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't think you will be able to buy just the Sidekick barrels. That was the problem with using Huntsmans in Mass. Because you could and "might" add a centerfire barrel to the reciever they were classified as a "firearm" and were ATF regulated. The new Sidekick is a gun unto itself with no other barrels (centerfire) capable of being added to it. That is the whole reason behind the Sidekick, it is made as a "non-firearm" so it can be purchased as easily as any other BP firearm. Sorry guys, you cannot get a sidekick barrel for your current frame, as I understand it, or am I missing something?? My feeling is this, If the sidekick barrel will fit your current frame then your current centerfire/shotgun barrels will fit the Sidekick frame....<><.... :(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 02:29:42 PM »
I think the orginal post was about the Topper deluxe classic ???? Not the Side Kick .  I picked up my used/new to me 10 ga NEF SB2 MAB tonight and I ask my smith about the Topper Deluxe Classic and he told me that he can order them but has no date of delivery.....
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 05:15:55 PM »
MSP- Sorry for the confusion I just figured since someone had said the side kick was arriving at stores maybe the new Topper Deluxe Classic was too.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Primer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 06:55:22 PM »
Would love to get my hands on one also.  Not being familiar with H&R/NEF screw in chokes, are they interchangeable with any after market,Rem chokes,etc?

Also, haven't heard what the price range will be.....any help?

Anyway, would love to set one up for turkey hunting and much prefer looking down those vent ribs on any of the shotguns. :-)

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 01:42:02 AM »
Primer,
the screw-in-chokes that H&R?NEF have used in the past are the same as thread pattern as the Winchokes.... Lots of after market Turkey Chokes out ther as well as any others you'd want... MTNMAN :grin:

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 01:42:25 AM »
H&R uses the Winchester choke system, same as Mossberg.  I wish that H&R would come out with a 20 guage, vent ribbed, barrel with screw-in chokes myself.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 02:42:44 AM »
Brett,
Now ya had to go and start that again... Screw-in-chokes in their 20 gauge... Well lets carry it further...Camo stock and fore grip, vent rib 26" barrel with Fibre optic sites(GOOD Ones)... How about an Accessory Cantilever scope mount attachment that would become an integral part of that rib for us Ol' Guys that are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.... and also like to shoot an Extremely tight Turkey Choke at close range...

Camo sling, Nice cushy butt pad, I've been on them since I built Lil' Tom back in '99...I'd LOVE to see them get with the program....MTNMAN :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 02:55:30 AM »
MTNMAN, that gun you just described, ORDER ME ONE, NO, MAKE IT 2!!!, Boy oh Boy, I wish you worked for product development at H&R. They need your ideas!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 03:58:49 AM »
MSP,
Be Glad to take on a Consultin' Job with NEF/H&R seein' that I'm gettin' ready to retire after doin' 38 with Uncle... Now there are some stipulations, I gotta work from home so as I don't have to Move to MASS... :roll:  NY is bad enuff :( ... MTNMAN :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 04:06:57 AM »
I understand your frustration and confusion with this liberal state of Mass. Look at all the press lately and the upheavel created across the entire country because our stupid, ignorant, appointed, anti-christian, liberal Massachusetts Supreme Court justices don't even know what Marriage is!!!....<><.... :(  (pray for them and us all!!!)l

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 08:19:11 AM »
MTNMAN,   Through in a complete set of tubes and a case to lug it all in to the field or range if you don't mind.

MSP Ret,  What will those heathens in the Supreme Court up there in my former home state buckle to next?...  marriage between adults and children?.... How about people and farm animals?   Take heart  there MSP, He is returning soon and He will staighten things out for sure.  :wink:

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline blckpwdrshootr50

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 12:37:31 PM »
Just to let you know, Mass is a COMMUNIST state, not a liberal state. Sorry i haven't posted in a while, I was waiting for these individual forums to open because i wasn't too impressed with one forum for 5 topics. How's it been going while i was gone?

Offline perklo

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Topper Classic Deluxe
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 02:24:24 AM »

I'm holding out for a 24", choked-tube vent rib accessory barrel...

I can just taste it!!   :-D

- perklo

Offline 3s3k

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 06:01:16 AM »
Have not seen any around here yet!