Author Topic: Old Weaver Quick Point, anyone have one for sale for parts?  (Read 5080 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Old Weaver Quick Point, anyone have one for sale for parts?
« on: February 19, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
:D, Hello Guys, I don'y know if any of you here have been following my comedy of errors on the rimfire site and before these individual sites were so graciously opened by Mr. GB on the thread about Wal-Mart and my trials and tribulations of buying my first (and last) gun from them. I bought a Sportster in .22 Mag to set up as a close range light weight coyote gun.  I am outfitting it with an old but as new Weaver Quick Point. Well I was anyway. I got one thru SWFA but it was for shotguns only, funky 45* angle mount to screw to the side of the shotguns reciever. Well I dug out (finally found it) my old Weaver Quick Point, I thought the adjustmants were kaput, I mounted it and they seem to work. I'll bore sight it tomorrow  and check. Here is what I am looking for. An old Weaver Quick Point, preferably for a centerfire rifle (mount attached to bottom of scope is different) or even for a rimfire if you have one. It does not matter if it works or not, just need it for parts to convert my shotgun Quick Point to a mount system I can put on a rifle. Appreciate your time, please let me know if you have one, I would like to buy it for parts, Thanks....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Old Weaver Quick Point, anyone have one fo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:12:50 AM »
I don't have one MSP but I did see one of these sites for the first time this past season.  A friend of mine had one on his slugger.  I thought it was a neat setup...No need for a battery and the thing was bright as could be.  I believe that Weaver has abandoned this site though.  Too bad too...Seemed like an innovative idea.  I have seen them on E-Bay if no one here has one to spare.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Old Weaver Quick Point, anyone have one fo
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 03:36:52 AM »
:D , Thanks Whitetailer, They really are neat little sighting devices.  I looked in e-bay a couple of days ago with no luck but will continue to check there. Mine is all set to go, mounted and boresighted. I still have the "as new" Shotgun Quick Point I purchased from SWFA. I want to get the lower half of an old "parts" Quick Point to switch it to a rifle mount style sight. I have not shot the .22 Mag with the Quick Point yet but as I said it's all boresighted. I'm "good to go and ready to launch"!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley