Author Topic: Springtime in Alaska  (Read 1200 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Springtime in Alaska
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
 ;D

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Springtime in Alaska
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:45:25 AM »
Repost that in about two months.  ;)
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »
Spring time in Alaska means that the snow that you have been driving on all winter turns to foot deep slush.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
Spring time in Alaska means that the snow that you have been driving on all winter turns to foot deep slush.

And it means that some idiot will try to cross the Chena River ice bridge in Fairbanks when it is too soft to support his truck!

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Just got a text from our daughter " Anchorage got dumped on yesterday, with more snow predicted the next couple days. Kinda like living in a snow globe..."
Scott B.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 10:53:34 AM »
I think people watch too much TV.  The see spring other places and forget where they live.  ;)
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
I'd like to ride one of them bears.... :D
Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
Yep here in western Alaska the rivers are still very hard but ya gotta watch out for holes and soft spots. We have a ton of snow and after a week warm spell it got cold again, down below 0 several nights. The snow is very hard, almost too hard for good snogo travel unless you have scratchers to lubricate  your slides. I don't and kind of fried my slides hauling fire wood Thursday.  Slowed down when I started smelling melting plastic.  But its been gloriously sunny and up to 20's during the day.  Warmer today and supposed to be much warmer tomorrow. Guys are cruising the hills looking for bears coming out of their dens. 

BTW this photo looks like Putin of Russia.  His PR crew has done a bunch of stunts and faked photos to boost his macho image w the public.

Might go look for a bear myself tomorrow.

Winter Hawk - I have to laugh, think my bro-in-law's friend did that a few years ago.  Someone does that each year.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
We're still locked up solid here in Fairbanks.  We had a few days that looked like winter was over, then crash, back down to 20 below.  Snowed several inches, depends on who you talk to as to how much.  I plowed two mornings in a row.  It's only 29 today, warmest it's been for a while.  Replaced the Carbides on my snow machine today.  Found both bolts holding the skis on are bent.  Will have to go in tomorrow and find new ones. 

once the snow machine is back in operating order I'll go out calling, see what pops up.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.