Author Topic: Sheridan Blue STREAK & returned 'Dan rebuild  (Read 10245 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Sheridan Blue STREAK rebuild
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »
Thanks JD!!

I'll check the places out!

PA I know of and have placed a couple orders there already... Either they did not have them or they where out of stock before..

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Charcoal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:25 AM »
Nice work!! I recently read an article by Tom Gaylord in SGN I believe that Crossman was discontinuing the Sheridan line,sad if true. Again nice job on restoring the old work horse.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Thanks Charcoal.

I just today received my issue of Airgun Hobbiest and there is a story in there on this very subject...  SAD DAY INDEED!!

I picked up two Crosman pistols to help pass the time... a 1377 Pnuematic and a 2240 Co2. FUN guns!

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
I had a Sheridan Blue Streak as a young boy, growing up. Many years later, I lent it to a "friend" who has since moved away and completely dripped off the grid! Occasional and repeated eMails to last address have gone unanswered...

CW

UNTIL NOW...

Well well... Last night, I'm checking emails and I see one i do not recognize. as I read thru it turns out to be from the fello who borrowed my original Sheridan back around 2003/4!!! 

Says something about having moved and the rifle was in storage and apologies he forgot and lost track yada yada yada... Long email shortened; he is fairly certain he knows where the rifle is and should be able to get to it this weekend and ship it back to me next week!!!

Now after all this time, I'm not holding my breath. BUT the thought of having the old girl back is appealing to me!

I'm into the waiting game on the project Sheridan. I should see it back mid June. The stocks are "hardening" and maybe this weekend I will buff off the gloss to the matte finish I prefer. I will post pics if/when I do.

I also got a email from pyramid air saying a couple of my back ordered pellet tins have been shipped as well. Seems I'm 5MM pellet rich at the moment. :)

CW

Tonight I received another email from my friend tonight... (after emailing him again over the weekend  :o )

GREAT NEWS... HE HAS FOUND THE SHERIDAN!!!  WOOHOO!!!

I must admit, he is not very forthcoming with updates... Seems I need to PRY responses out of him.  ::) ::) :o BUT its looking more like I'll get my rifle back!! He said its a busy week for him, but he will ''try'' to get it shipped out to me. Mighty nice guy... I would not want him to put him  out.  :P :P :P ;)

With luck next time I mention this I'll have my 'dan back in hand!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:42 PM »
gee CW i thought i was the only one that bought a collection of pellets to last a life time. hope you get your gun back soon. ;)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 11:19:36 PM »
gee CW i thought i was the only one that bought a collection of pellets to last a life time. hope you get your gun back soon. ;)

LOL.. I like to be ''prepaired''.. ::)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline FPH

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
Well, as I said, you have inspired me.  I pulled out the SStreak tonight and gave it it's first steel wooling.  It is actually in fairly good condition.  To my surprise it is 5mm not .177 as I thought.  Now for some tung oil and pellets.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 01:53:35 AM »
Well, as I said, you have inspired me.  I pulled out the SStreak tonight and gave it it's first steel wooling.  It is actually in fairly good condition.  To my surprise it is 5mm not .177 as I thought.  Now for some tung oil and pellets.

WOOHOO!! Yea, ALL streaks where .20, the Benjis where .177/.22.  ::)

Please post some pics and show us!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
hey that sheridan looks better than new now i hope it shoots good i refinished mine about ten years ago no but pad either i had it rebuilt about then too its killed quite a few critters.i like the silver streak to.good luck buddy have fun ;D

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:38 AM »
hey i got one of those .you are making that gun look better than new. mine didn't have a butt pad either mine was rebuilt 10 years ago and i refinished it. they got nice wood well worth the work. i hope it shoots as good as it looks. ;)

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 12:54:38 AM »
Nice work, Ihad a silver streak as a kid, it was a PITA to always order my 5mm pellets, but i was the envy of the neighborhood when it came to who shot the hardest.  My buddies 177 and .22 cals never seemed to match up when it came down to squirrels, rabbits and pidgeons.  BTW the benjamin pellets are still the best.

Offline FPH

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 06:15:53 PM »
Well my wife says I'm a pack rat....so today as I'm going through my Dad's stuff (he has been gone 26 years) I found a Beeman springer, a 40-45 year old box of Beeman 5mm pellets a Daisy Match grade pumper(pistol) in .177 and a daisy CO2 BB pistol......looks like fun.

Offline FPH

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
You know those little cotton clean out wads you can buy for cleaning pellet rifles are perfect for popping the cats off kitchen counters, and I like cats.......Nerf gun projectiles they just laugh at.  Pop them once in the azz  then latter just point an unloaded gun at the ceiling with one pump,shoot, and they scram.

Offline FPH

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
Could not find any Tung oil yo save me.  However, a gun smith fried of mine recommended Teak oil.  Works great so far.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 11:36:30 PM »
Could not find any Tung oil yo save me.  However, a gun smith fried of mine recommended Teak oil.  Works great so far.

I have bought it at hardware stores, Home Depot and Lowe's.  But sure, TEAK is another, let us know how you like it!!

I am doing a stock for Streak now and I am using DANISH oil and that's NOT whats left on my fingers after morning break. ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 11:38:59 PM »
Well my wife says I'm a pack rat....so today as I'm going through my Dad's stuff (he has been gone 26 years) I found a Beeman springer, a 40-45 year old box of Beeman 5mm pellets a Daisy Match grade pumper(pistol) in .177 and a daisy CO2 BB pistol......looks like fun.

VERY NICE!!!

I have a box like that somewhere... I have been looking and looking and have not found it yet...  ::) ::) ::)

Do the pellets look like these?

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline FPH

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 12:32:57 AM »

I have bought it at hardware stores, Home Depot and Lowe's.  But sure, TEAK is another, let us know how you like it!!

I am doing a stock for Streak now and I am using DANISH oil and that's NOT whats left on my fingers after morning break. ;)

CW

All I could find at my local Home Depot and Lowe's was the WATCO Teak oil.  A bit glossy but nothing a bit of 0000 SW wont handle.

The Beeman pellets I found come in a flat cardboard box.I have been looking for the Sheridans with no luck......I also read good reviews on cheap Crosman made pellets from Wally World.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »
I have been having excellent results with the Destroyers. WW has the .177 regular but the .22 I get from pyramid air.

Guys say they are great hunting pellets too. They surely flatten in my trap!

My favorite pellet is the BEEMAN Kodiaks. I have a couple flavors to try in the Sheridans.

This bugger met his demise last night with a 10+ g copper Kodiaks from my JONNY Reb longbow!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »
I had a Sheridan Blue Streak as a young boy, growing up. Many years later, I lent it to a "friend" who has since moved away and completely dripped off the grid! Occasional and repeated eMails to last address have gone unanswered...

CW

UNTIL NOW...

Well well... Last night, I'm checking emails and I see one i do not recognize. as I read thru it turns out to be from the fello who borrowed my original Sheridan back around 2003/4!!! 

Says something about having moved and the rifle was in storage and apologies he forgot and lost track yada yada yada... Long email shortened; he is fairly certain he knows where the rifle is and should be able to get to it this weekend and ship it back to me next week!!!

Now after all this time, I'm not holding my breath. BUT the thought of having the old girl back is appealing to me!

I'm into the waiting game on the project Sheridan. I should see it back mid June. The stocks are "hardening" and maybe this weekend I will buff off the gloss to the matte finish I prefer. I will post pics if/when I do.

I also got a email from pyramid air saying a couple of my back ordered pellet tins have been shipped as well. Seems I'm 5MM pellet rich at the moment. :)

CW

Tonight I received another email from my friend tonight... (after emailing him again over the weekend  :o )

GREAT NEWS... HE HAS FOUND THE SHERIDAN!!!  WOOHOO!!!

I must admit, he is not very forthcoming with updates... Seems I need to PRY responses out of him.  ::) ::) :o BUT its looking more like I'll get my rifle back!! He said its a busy week for him, but he will ''try'' to get it shipped out to me. Mighty nice guy... I would not want him to put him  out.  :P :P :P ;)

With luck next time I mention this I'll have my 'dan back in hand!!

CW
Its been a while and I have herd not a peep from my ''friend''...

No answer till this AM, I emailed him again last night...  The story thickens...

Long Story Short, he still dosen't have the gun! Seems way back HE LENT IT OUT TOO! The guy who had it was unable to find it. Now the story is, he has been sick and has not had the chance to go pick it up. But said he would ''try'' to get over to get it last night or today and would ''try'' to ship it tomorrow, Saturday. I surely hope I am wrong... but something in me says its all bunk... One of these emails will contain the truth...  :-[

Just venting frustrations here... thanks for listening...

Hope the light at the end of this tunnel, ain't a train...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
nice job CW looks better than mine whats next buddy. :D

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »
I just read a email from the Sheridan kid... (Guy who borrowed my Sheridan seven + years back)

He says "I GOT IT!!!"  Well now... That's something ain't it!! ::)

He is going to pack it up and ship back to me. WOW just WOW...

Stay tuned...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »
I just read a email from the Sheridan kid... (Guy who borrowed my Sheridan seven + years back)

Stay tuned...

CW

Well quite a pleasant suprise this am after firing up my email...

I got a email from the Sheridan kid!!!  ::) (Guy who borrowed my Sheridan seven + years back)

Stay tuned...

CW

Well, I guess I just have to laugh and be happy he is still communicating with me. ::)

I got a email again last night. My friend with the '76 says he has lost my address. ;) when he gets it and IF he can find a box for the rifle. He will package it and get it in the post. BUT he is too busy Monday so will be Tuesday or Wednesday. Again that IF he can find a good box.

Gotta laugh it off otherwise I would be snapping like a carrot!

Stay tuned.... You just KNOW there is gonna be more to come!  ::)

OH and my luck is holding true, 40$ donated to the guy in Florida who was the sole winner last night of 590 MILLION dollars!  Lucky bugger, hope he was a working man!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline FPH

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
Yeah, after hearing about a trillion stories about my original rifle......it was easier to find one and buy it.  I figure my original was left on some creek bank.

Offline FPH

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 01:16:44 AM »

Yeah, after hearing about a trillion stories about my original rifle......it was easier to find one and buy it.  I figure my original was left on some creek bank. Or just stolen.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
I JUST RECEIVED A TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!!!!

I tracked it and its too new, but it has my address!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay tuned...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »
I JUST RECEIVED A TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!!!!

I tracked it and its too new, but it has my address!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay tuned...

CW

I!ll get a good beverage and get the popcorn started!! Looks like this is going to be a real "Thriller"!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
Well, ITS HERE!!!

And it don't work.  :o :o :o   Not a huge suprise, it looks to me like the check valve is faulty or its seal has failed. I am just SO GLAD to have it back!!!

Ill begin a search on how to repair, these are not that difficult. I am sure I can fix it. BUT If not I'll send it out to see Timmy @ MAC1 airguns!

The '65 is due back in less than a month!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »
CW,
 Glad it was finally returned!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
CW,
 Glad it was finally returned!!

Thanks Sam... Kinda remarkable after all this time. I am very glad to have it back and thanks to your generosity I now have two to enjoy!!!

Thank you again brother!!

Bri

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Mxpe78a

• Avid Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 12:52:04 PM »
Looks like a stock refinish and a Williams sight upgrade is in order along with a reseal. Looks good!