Author Topic: No More White Outline Millett Sights  (Read 840 times)

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
No More White Outline Millett Sights
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »
I imagine some of you already knew this but Millett no longer makes the white outline rear sights for handguns. Some years ago a Millett white outline rear sight on your pistol was the Cadillac of sights. I've searched recently for some and called Millett, found out also that Bushnell owns them now. The nice lady that spoke to me assured me that they no longer make those kind of sights. Found a few on Ebay but none for my GP100. Dang it man, I guess I'm still old school but I really liked them.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline lefty_red

• I'm way too young to feel this old!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
  • I'll be needing that for squirrels and such....
Re: No More White Outline Millett Sights
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 03:36:17 AM »
They are great sights!  I had them on my revolvers.  Was really wanting one for my SBH, but haven't found one yet.  Sad to hear they are no longer making such a good item.
Jerry

Too old for a paper route and too young to retire!

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Quote from: kynardsj
The "nice lady" that spoke to me assured me that they no longer make those kind of sights. Found a few on Ebay but none for my GP100. Dang it man, I guess I'm still old school but I really liked them.

Nice lady?  What was "nice" about the vendor (in essence) telling you you don't need what you want!?  (is how I sometimes view it!  ;)  )

I didn't use that rear sight myself, but have seen them often.

Keep looking on eBay!  Even setting up a 'directed search' that will keep vigil 24/7;D

When you go into eBay, look for what you want (in Sporting Goods of course), and then SAVE the search! 

"My eBay" will prompt you with a mssg when anything resembling your item gets listed.  ;)

I've been almost 100% successful shopping on eBay this way.  Sometimes it takes a while, but if you have the patience ...... maybe good things will follow?  ;)

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
I had put a set of Millets on my Single Six 4 or 5 years ago. Still had the factory sight in the Millett box. I checked and found the factory Single Six sights fit the GP100. So as I don't shoot the Single Six much these days I put the factory sights back on it and put the Millets on the GP100. I had bought a set of the four different colored front sights for the GP100. The Millets and the florescent orange one make a great sight picture. Might have saved myself some money here.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
that is truly a shame.
another good product gone
from the scene because of
the bean-counting  j.i.t.
business degree modern
mindset.

sad-sad-sad :(
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline 3030guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
that is truly a shame.
another good product gone
from the scene because of
the bean-counting  j.i.t.
business degree modern
mindset.

sad-sad-sad :(
I'm guessing it's probably because they aren't "tacticool" enough. Everybody is a navy seal these days.