Author Topic: I need AO that will focus at 25 feet  (Read 512 times)

Offline lilabner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I need AO that will focus at 25 feet
« on: February 20, 2004, 06:14:43 AM »
I've got access to a mini indoor range. What I need is a scope that will focus down to 25 feet so it is parallax free. No target scopes to check out in my town. Can someone point me in the right direction? It is for a .22 rimfire.

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: I need AO that will focus at 25 feet
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 06:40:19 AM »
Quote from: lilabner
I've got access to a mini indoor range. What I need is a scope that will focus down to 25 feet so it is parallax free. No target scopes to check out in my town. Can someone point me in the right direction? It is for a .22 rimfire.
........The only ones that I have experience with that will go  close are the Leupold EFR.....the 3-9EFR and 6.5x20EFR....these will adjust down to 10meters......some airrifle scopes will go that close.......25feet will require the zero to be so far from a field zero that it won't be useful in a field gun ?......I would be careful of shooting at 25feet in a indoor range UNLESS you have a great bullet trap.....and that close the lead fumes might be a health hazzard if much shooting or time is spent......the money might be better spent on a good air gun and trigger control......imo...good luck and good shooting!!

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 09:20:34 AM »
Just to let you know, our Mueller 4-16x50AO Sport Dot will adjust down to 15yds and have been popular among standard Airgun shooters because of this reason. You can view them at our website www.muelleroptics.com

MO

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 11:44:53 AM »
MO, what is the maximum adjustments that can be made with that scope?  I understand that most scopes are .25MOA, but that's at 100 yards.  When you're talking about only 15 yards, then you need a heck of a lot of clicks just to equal that .25MOA at 100.

So what is the maximum adjustments?

Also, how well has this scope help up to the super strong .22 caliber air rifles that shoot well over 1,000 fps?  I know that most scopes, even those designed specifically for strong airguns, have fallen apart, or at least couldn't keep their zero and had not so great tracking.

Zachary

Offline big6x6

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 05:03:20 AM »
I have a pile of scopes that will focus to 10yds.  Those include Swift 4-12X40AO, 6-18X44AO, 6-24X50AO, and 8-32X50AO; Bushnells Elite 4200 4-16x50AO, Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Trophy 4-12X40AO, and Banner 4-12X40AO; and Leopold EFR 3-9AO and 6.5-20AO.  The Burris Compact A/R 3-9AO will focus to 7.5 yards.  I some other Simmons and BSAs that will focus to 10 yds as well.
Deactivated as trouble maker. Letters to sponsors over inline forum problems.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 10:02:28 AM »
Zachary,
Unfortunalty because of the 1/8moa adjustmens our 4-16x50AO only has 20moa of over-all adjustment.
If I were to have this model redesigned specifically for AirGuns, I would increase the moa to 1/4 which would increase the over-all to 30moa

The scopes havent ben tested as of yet on spring piston type air guns but Van Jacobi over at Air Hog says he's going to see how well they hold up and feels very confident because they are glass etched reticles which will with stand more recoil.  How much more still is yet to be determined. Thats why in my post above I mentioned popular among "standard" Air Gun shooters.

Van is so impressed with our scopes for his air guns that he's considering dropping his current Swift line and replacing it with our Mueller line and were working out the fine details right now. Falcon may also distribute our line in the UK.

MO