Author Topic: Paypal and the Anti-Gun crusade  (Read 528 times)

Offline ousooners1baby

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • If you got a PC question, just ask!
Paypal and the Anti-Gun crusade
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:53:29 AM »
I know most of us use paypal and I have saw posts where it was said that if you buy guns or ammo and such on some sites paypal will freeze your account and may discontinue your use of its services.  I know BassPro and other sites will not allow paypal because of their support against Gun owners.  Have any of you guys had any trouble with them?
Thanks, Jer

Offline ShadowMover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Paypal and the Anti-Gun crusade
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »
It's ironic there is a PayPal ad below what I'm typing, asking for donations for GBO.

I've used PayPal for years with no problem, always as a buyer, not a seller. It was very convenient to send money to sellers. Recently a payment was refused because I had gone over their $2,000 total limit on my account, and I would have to link my PayPal account to my bank account. I tried to get an explanation of this rule from their phone representative, but it looks like it's just because they're greedy and want to cut out the credit card middle man. I would have to give them the ability to transfer funds to keep them happy. I don't have a PayPal account any longer. I'm looking around for something else that can do the job without sticking it's fingers into my checking account.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »
I have used it for over 10 years now without a hitch of any kind.
Pay for most of my gun related purchases over the net with it with no problems.
Never been a limit placed on me as far as I know.
I use my CC all the time through PP and again with no problems.
Maybe I have just been lucky.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 04:38:49 PM »
I know most of us use paypal and I have saw posts where it was said that if you buy guns or ammo and such on some sites paypal will freeze your account and may discontinue your use of its services.  I know BassPro and other sites will not allow paypal because of their support against Gun owners.  Have any of you guys had any trouble with them?
I for one don't.  I refuse to use their services.  If you do, what your actually doing is paying them to help take away your 2nd Amendment rights. 
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline oldsoldja

• "what ever you do, dont smoke."
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • endeavor to persevere
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »
I had a guy pay for a gun with paypal, then paypal called me and asked what he bought and I said a rifle and they took the money from my account. He then sent a check to cover it and its never happened since.
TDC, 2x TJC, 7x57, 3030mann,.356,300aac,.30carbine,2x50-70, 375win,243 fluted,30-06 ported, 454 casull,270 fluted.458wm,7mm-08 shorty,223 shorty,35 whel,16g folder, 357talo, 45colt carbine,35 rem,22250 fluted, 4570shorty, 22hornetshorty , 357max, 17m2,7.62x39, 12g fluted slug, 450 marlin, 22mag, 22lr,10g camo, 38-55, 17hmr custom, 410g, m48 16g,44 mag talo,410-12m, m8-12g, m158 20g, 22jet ,wh 45-70 bc,.280,58 50 45 MLS, 12g folder,4x 30-30,3x17hmr,m4816g,410,.308,45-120,3x204 fluted, 20gslug, 25-06,12g ported slug, 20g ribbed, .270ported, 22h mann, 500shorty .357.444,20g,45-70,223,12g, 7.62x39 shorty, 20g greenwing, 500sw talo, 4x 45-70 bc, 22khornet

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »
LongTom,
You probably fall into the same category as I do. I am a long time user of PayPal and my initial limit was $10,000. Newer users have an initial limit of $2,000. I only have around $50 left under my account and will stop using them very soon. I have no intentions of giving them my bank account information. There have been to many stories of PayPal pulling a payment from a sellers bank account because of a bogus complaint from the buyer. This seems to have been done before any communications with the seller.

It is my understanding you can still use your credit cards after giving up your bank account information. I personally am very careful who I give that information too. Just for the record, PayPal isn't any where near the top of the list of people I trust with that information.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
Ironic that Ebay stopped selling a lot of gun stuff for a while.....now you can purchase almost anything except the actual guns and ammo.  I guess that's understandable since the paperwork and legal fees would be a nightmare.

A lot of folks boycotted Ebay and PayPal for a year of two, so it must have hurt them.  I'm sure they are more interested in profit than  ideology because they've never NOT taken my money or NOT transferred a payment.

As a matter of fact, I think the only thing that I've purchased in the last 2 years has been gun parts and the like.  If they stopped selling gun parts and gun related items, they would have to deny the sales of about 50 thousand items.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 02:18:33 PM »
Use Paypal all the time with no problems but I don't let them know what I'm using it for.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~