Author Topic: Hillary to make $200K per speech!!!!  (Read 431 times)

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Hillary to make $200K per speech!!!!
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
As she weighs a presidential bid, Clinton set to cash in

It’s nice work, if you can get it.

On Wednesday, Hillary Clinton begins what will likely be the most lucrative part of her life – so far – as she gives her first paid speech in Dallas, Texas. She’s expected, like her ex-president husband, to command a whopping $200,000-plus for each appearance.
 Marc Bryan-Brown / APThis image released by Women in the World shows former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton speaking at the Women in the World Conference on Friday, April 5, 2013, in New York. 

To put that in perspective, Clinton’s salary as secretary of state, where she logged more frequent-flyer miles than any American envoy ever, was a paltry-by-comparison $186,600.

That means if she gives just 10 speeches this year, she’ll take home a cool $2 million -- before she pays taxes to Uncle Sam, of course.

Clinton’s speech Wednesday at the posh Four Seasons Resort and Club in Dallas will be before the National Multi Housing Council and is conveniently located just 25 minutes from Southern Methodist University, the site of the George W. Bush presidential library, which opens Thursday. Clinton and husband, Bill, are expected to attend, as will the Obamas.

Clinton’s remarks are closed to the press, but speculation abounds about what the potential 2016 frontrunner might say. In particular, people will be looking for any clues about a future White House run for the former first lady, who would be a favorite to become the first woman president.

Clinton’s won’t be the only paid speech delivered Wednesday by a potential White House hopeful. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, brother of the 43rd president, is also speaking in Dallas before The World Affairs Council of Dallas-Fort Worth.

George W. Bush -- who has stayed on the political sidelines over the last four years, tending to a painting hobby and making paid speeches of his own -- told Parade magazine Sunday that he hopes his brother does run and doesn’t think his last name will hurt him.

“I would hope that people would judge [him], if Jeb were to run, on his merits and his track record,” Bush said, adding, “So I hope he will run.”

Clinton, who routinely tops polls as the most admired woman in the world, stands to make tens of millions of dollars, potentially hundreds of millions, as one of the mostly highly coveted speakers on the globe.

She’s signed up with the Harry Walker Agency, the same group that represents Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Dick Cheney, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shaquille O’Neal, Martin Sheen, and Bono.

Bill Clinton has reportedly earned some $89 million in paid speeches since leaving office, including $13.4 million from 54 speeches in 2011, according to the most recent financial disclosure form his wife filed as secretary of state. That’s an average speaking fee of more than $248,000.

There is risk, however, in all this potential cash for the former secretary of state and New York senator. As reporters and campaign-opposition researchers follow the money, she will need to pick her speeches wisely, if she is indeed considering a 2016 bid.

Presidential candidates are required to file financial disclosure forms, and in them, they’re expected to detail -- among other things -- their paid speeches. Political opponents will comb through for any potential conflicts of interest or payments from groups -- or countries -- that might be considered unsavory.

Rest assured, opponents will leave no stone unturned. While Clinton currently enjoys sky-high favorability ratings – 56 percent positive, 29 percent negative in the April NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll – she will quickly become a target for the right if she jumps in. Opponents already are circulating, for example, a Republican House committee report going after Clinton for her role in the handling of the run up to the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

They’re all things Clinton will have to consider before jumping back into the deep end of the presidential pool -- as she banks her millions

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
Re: Hillary to make $200K per speech!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:07 PM »
One day you post about how the greedy rich are getting too rich and the poor are getting poorer. Next day you post how the Hildebeest stands to make tens of millions for flapping her lips.

Not a problem if it's the right pig at the trough?

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
AAHH, come on shaggy. Quit throwing the truth out there.  :D  Might hurt somebody's feelings. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
This is proof positive that there are a lot of stupid people out there.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:14:58 PM »
AAHH, come on shaggy. Quit throwing the truth out there.  :D  Might hurt somebody's feelings. gypsyman

YEAH SHAGGY, almost sounds like she won't get your vote. GOOOOOOODDD. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gary G

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
What this really shows is the corruption in politics. The lobbiest says you do this for my company or special interest group and I make it worth you while. The politician can't accept the money directly, so it is agreed upon that certain lucrative speaking arrangements will be made after the politician leaves office.

And that is how it works.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline vabeachman

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 02:53:25 AM »
This BS is what companies spend your dividends on.  I wonder who pays when they speak at colleges/universities   Probably rolled into the cost of tuition.
When a boot is on your throat does it matter if is the right boot or left boot?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 03:01:47 AM »
Hey, she is worth what people are willing to pay. Anyone here that would turn down bucks like that to speak? The most I have ever been paid to speak is $300, so I guess I need to set higher goals for myself.
GuzziJohn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »
I don't listen to her and similar ilk if it was free. Don't take it personal, every time I see your Prez on the tube I hit "Mute." He isn't the only one that gets the silent treatment.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.