Author Topic: nephews .270  (Read 379 times)

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
nephews .270
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
My newphew bought a .270 standard handi a few weeks ago.  He has had trouble with FTF.  Since he lives 60 miles or so away, I have been diagnosing over the phone, through his dad.  Today, a bunch of us were able to get into the hills to shoot, but natch, he left the .270 home.  I showed him how far my firing pin sticks out, and showed him how factory and reloads chambered.  He said his gun chambers with the head below the barrrel face.  My .25 and brothers .243 both have chambers that keep a slight amount proud.  He is using Winchester ammo, and wants to try a different brand.  At first report, I bet on Remington loads but lost that one.

I have told him to call, and get it sent in to fix the headspace problem.  He does not reload, and I do not think I have any .270 dies, but do have some brass and a few bullets.  He is also in line to be a new dad, so the next 20-30 years are full anyway.  If by chance I find out I have .270 dies squirreled away, maybe either his dad or I can load a few of his fired cases or some range pickups.  I am the more experienced loader and tinkerer.  Maybe I can make a neck sizer at work, a full length is beyond my capabilities.  I do not have a .270, so any found cases go to trading, or get made into .25-06 

He has looked on here as I advised, but I do not know if he ever joined and posted.

just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you