Author Topic: Diamond K Brass  (Read 1588 times)

Offline ricktile

• Trade Count: (0)
Diamond K Brass
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
I recently purchased 500 mixed commercial and military .223 casings from Diamond K Brass.  It was significantly more expensive than I would have liked but they are the only ones I could find that had any in stock.  My order contained 499 casings.  Two were steel and 87 were previously reloaded with primer pockets swaged to the point that they looked like funnels.  $115.00 for 410 hopefully useable casings plus shipping is not a good deal.  Next time I will wait until Midway has once fired military brass in stock for $54 instead.  I sent two emails to Diamond K and have gotten no response so I can only assume that they know what they are doing and don't care.  If you are looking for brass I would suggest not buying it from them.

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Diamond K Brass
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
That's not good at all.  Let us know if they respond to your emails.

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I had good luck on my purchases of .45 Colt and .45 ACP.  8(
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »
Thankfully, I do not need brass at this time. I would have ordered some, but as you said Diamond K is about the only ones around that have any on hand. Since they are a sponser here, I thought I might throw some business their way. I think their prices are out of line - more than new brass costs. I would guess that is why they still have brass on hand. On the other hand, evidently, people are paying the price, or they would drop the prices. They are just not going to make a sale to me and I have a looong memory of people making a handsome profit at my and fellow shooters expense.

Good Luck and Good Shooting
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline cooter74

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 01:25:14 AM »
I have a looong memory of people making a handsome profit at my and fellow shooters expense.

So do I, sponsor or no, they are gouging!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »
Hopefully they make it right for you!  Not the best business sense to sponsor a site and then gouge/cheat it's members. >:(
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:40:44 AM »
I kinda see this a little different. They advertise it clearly as range brass. You have to know that range brass is pretty much everything that comes off of the ground including reloaded crap and other stuff. To say the price was too high is assuming they bought it years ago and cheap. They may have had to pay a bunch for it and that's why it wasn't cheap....but they had it. While you may not necessarily been so happy you were doing hand springs, you got brass and in this climate of shortages, that's a lot. What I will suggest to you though is try a recycler in your area next time you need brass. The one I have in my area carrys TONS of used range brass. They sell it by the pound but the last I bought would have been about $15.00 a thousand for NATO 5.56 with military crimped primers. But you have to pick it out. Diamond K can't invest that much in labor and still sell it.

Offline FPH

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »
I kinda see this a little different. They advertise it clearly as range brass. You have to know that range brass is pretty much everything that comes off of the ground including reloaded crap and other stuff. To say the price was too high is assuming they bought it years ago and cheap. They may have had to pay a bunch for it and that's why it wasn't cheap....but they had it. While you may not necessarily been so happy you were doing hand springs, you got brass and in this climate of shortages, that's a lot. What I will suggest to you though is try a recycler in your area next time you need brass. The one I have in my area carrys TONS of used range brass. They sell it by the pound but the last I bought would have been about $15.00 a thousand for NATO 5.56 with military crimped primers. But you have to pick it out. Diamond K can't invest that much in labor and still sell it.

Their web site clearly states that the brass is reloadable and they have strict QC.  Clearly, if the primer pockets are unreloadable( 87 a bit much to me), there is a problem.  Price?......no sympathy.......capitalism.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
Any time that I have bought range brass/military brass there has always been extra thrown in to cover the bad ones. To be short and then to have steel casing and nearly 20% unusable pieces is unacceptable. And not to respond is just as bad.  Have you called them? I certainly would... 855-357-3030
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
Since they're a site sponsor I checked them out in case I wanted to buy some .30 carbine brass. They want $46 shipped for 100 pieces of range brass.  :o For $5 more I can get 100 rounds of new loaded brass-cased PPU ammo from a local shop. I don't fault anyone for making money but they won't be getting any of my business at those prices.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline YRUpunting?

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
I ordered some 223 from the link below.  I ordered the "once fired" unprocessed ones.  I stumbled on the company so may get burned.  I'll let you know what there like, I should have them next week. 

http://www.detroitammoco.com/Products.html

Offline cooter74

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 03:28:46 AM »
They are gouging and I will not buy from them now or ever!

Offline YRUpunting?

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »
I ordered some 223 from the link below.  I ordered the "once fired" unprocessed ones.  I stumbled on the company so may get burned.  I'll let you know what there like, I should have them next week. 

http://www.detroitammoco.com/Products.html

Brass came today, I ordered on May 1.  I bought 250 since that was the max for a small flat rate box.  $32.50 for the brass and $6.50 S&H for a total of $39.  Box was well taped and included a copy of my order.  I decaped and I counted about 10 that the primer came out easy the rest I had to push the primer out.  After tumbling I sorted and counted.  There are 214 Speer 07 head stamp, 27 with a FC 223 variation head stamp and various other FC stamps for a grand total of 255.  I like shiny brass and these look good.

There are minor dings and dents that shouldn't be a problem once sized.  One case is questionable with a dent on the base of the shoulder but I'm going to try to size it.  There are a few that look like they may have been sized but it's not evident.

These came out to a little over 15 cents a piece.  I bookmarked their site in my retailer folder.  For what I plan to use this brass for it should last me years, but I'd do business with them again.

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
They are gouging and I will not buy from them now or ever!

Some types are a little high, but I got 100 .45 Colt for $25, and that's a pretty good price.  I just pick and choose and watch the reloading forum ads.  ;)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline twofromMARCH

• Diamond K Brass Company
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »
I recently purchased 500 mixed commercial and military .223 casings from Diamond K Brass.  It was significantly more expensive than I would have liked but they are the only ones I could find that had any in stock.  My order contained 499 casings.  Two were steel and 87 were previously reloaded with primer pockets swaged to the point that they looked like funnels.  $115.00 for 410 hopefully useable casings plus shipping is not a good deal.  Next time I will wait until Midway has once fired military brass in stock for $54 instead.  I sent two emails to Diamond K and have gotten no response so I can only assume that they know what they are doing and don't care.  If you are looking for brass I would suggest not buying it from them.

Diamond K Brass guarantees all brass they sell, and has someone answering phones all day to make sure of it.  And  Midway sells 500 223 for 117 and will be in stock sometime next year if ever.  I would try picking up the phone to get your problem resolved.

Offline tomtomz

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Loaded for Bear!
    • Liberty!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Cool. Maybe you could use this forum to let us know
when you have a big blowout of this or that, posting
a link or something. Give GBO members a small discount
or improve the connection that seems to be broken
from reading comments in this post.

Make the most of your high-value sales leads, etc.

I stopped going to your Diamond K website because you
never have anything I need. What kind of deal closer
are you? Use this feedback to grow your business.

I can always use 45 Colt brass, and plenty of rifle brass
in at least eight common cartridges.

Offline tomtomz

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Loaded for Bear!
    • Liberty!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »
Post script - I pay less than one dollar per round of Federal Power-Shok 300 WIN MAG from Walmart.
Why would I pay more than a dollar for 1X brass  with mixed headstamp from Diamond K?

Price gouging is apparent on the Diamond K website.

Offline twofromMARCH

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
There is one caliber that is over $1.00 on DKB and that is .50 BMG.  And we may not have everything a shooter needs but DKB has worked tirelessly in these past months to keep brass in stock shipping out within 48 hours while refusing to backorder anyone .  We do not expect to please everyone, but 99% of our customers have left with an overly positive experience from our site, which comes along with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  We will continue to serve those on this forum as well as all our customers with that same integrity, for those we have gained as loyal customers in the past and the ones we will gain in the future.   

Offline twofromMARCH

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
And for those who have had an ordering experience, have suggestions for the site, or have disputes they would like to clarify, I will start a thread where you can voice your opinions or comments.  We make changes to our site every single day based on customer feedback and would appreciate all that has to be said.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,280722.0.html

Offline ricktile

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
I just got a response from Diamond K and they are sending 100 rounds to make up for the 90 that I was short on my previous order.  Apparently they placed old business cards in with my order which had bad email addresses and one of their people saw my post here and contacted me.  Price is still high but there isnt much to be found anywhere else right now.  I will be happy to have what I paid for at least. 

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
i buy my brass from my local range master mostly once fired have had little problems with it.