Author Topic: Report: Lawyers in Talks to Waive Death Penalty for Bombing Suspect  (Read 668 times)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Report: Lawyers in Talks to Waive Death Penalty for Bombing Suspect
newsmax@reply.newsmax.com
Link
Read the Full Story — Go Here Now

Sure, let's just pat him on the ass and send him home.
Grill him for all the info you can get and promise nothing.
We will think about it.
That's all you know?
Yep, we thought about it and no deal!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Lizzie-6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Report: Lawyers in Talks to Waive Death Penalty for Bombing Suspect
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
Report: Lawyers in Talks to Waive Death Penalty for Bombing Suspect
newsmax@reply.newsmax.com
Link
Read the Full Story — Go Here Now

Sure, let's just pat him on the ass and send him home.
Grill him for all the info you can get and promise nothing.
We will think about it.
That's all you know?
Yep, we thought about it and no deal!

LONGTOM

There is no need to read the story.  The United States should immediately abolish the death penalty in all fifty states, possessions, territories, and US flagged ships at sea.  Never again.  No exception.

And NO, contrary to your suggestion, Americans should NOT get involved in fondling prisoners.
Lizzie-Six

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Shame he wasn't killed in the shoot out.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:56 PM »
Shame he wasn't killed in the shoot out.
LONGTOM

Agreed.

That's different.
Lizzie-Six

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Lets give rapists condom's instead of jail time. Just a minor inconvenience to women, right Lizzie. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
Lets give rapists condom's instead of jail time. Just a minor inconvenience to women, right Lizzie. gypsyman

I've never advocated that position.  In general, I would favor long prison terms for all convicted offenders.  Frankly, I was not even aware that the marathon bombers had been accused of rape.  Or was it statutory rape?  I don't get it.  Are you in a position to somehow benefit from that sort of policy?
Lizzie-Six

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Actually Lizzie-6, I am. I'm tired of my tax dollar keeping convicted murderer's,child molestors alive for decades. They get health benifits, 3 meals a day, some even get conjugial visits from wives. When there is no doubt as to the guilt or inocence of a person, why keep them alive. How many times in past years, I've read stories of a prisoner being released because of a paper screw up, going out and raping/killing again, before they get caught. OOPPS, sorry your 8 year old was raped and killed because we screwed up, maybe we can keep him behind bars this time, so he might not do it again. Yea I'd benefit from that kind of policy. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline powderman

GYSPSYMAN, LONGTOM. Good posts guys, no reason for animals like him live. Stopping immigration from all muslim nations, cancelling work and student visas from all muslim nations would help greatly. They serve no useful purpose here. If the rest don't like, GET OUT. America would survive quite well without them. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
He was starting to talk' well write, but then the justice dept hurried over to mirandize him, so he clammed up. Now we have to make a deal, like no death sentence, to get him to talk.

Offline jammer308

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Contributor
fine. give him a deal, get him to talk. then let him go the way of jeffrey dahmer... ;)

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »
He was starting to talk' well write, but then the justice dept hurried over to mirandize him, so he clammed up. Now we have to make a deal, like no death sentence, to get him to talk.

BILMAC. That would depend on who WE were, as far as making a deal goes. Dealing with murderers and muslims is like trying to deal with satan himself. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
Actually Lizzie-6, I am. I'm tired of my tax dollar keeping convicted murderer's,child molestors alive for decades. They get health benifits, 3 meals a day, some even get conjugial visits from wives. When there is no doubt as to the guilt or inocence of a person, why keep them alive. How many times in past years, I've read stories of a prisoner being released because of a paper screw up, going out and raping/killing again, before they get caught. OOPPS, sorry your 8 year old was raped and killed because we screwed up, maybe we can keep him behind bars this time, so he might not do it again. Yea I'd benefit from that kind of policy. gypsyman

I'm in favor of long terms, life  terms, no early release, no visitors, no picnic lunches, no work = no meals.  If suicide rate among inmates does not exceed full term releases, the system is not doing it's job.  Unsuccessful suicide attempts should earn the inmate a life term.  But no death penalty.  EVER.

Paper screw-ups are a problem.  They would be less of a problem if those responsible for the screw-up had to serve out the remaining term of the released con.  Naturally escapes should be covered by the same policy.

Once someone has done their time, and is released honorably, they should be restored to full citizenship within one year and given a chance to succeed in society.

Lizzie-Six

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:51 AM »
While I find it odd to be agreeing in part there are some good points made. I too am in favor of "long term" imprisonment for rapists, and thieves, however, even the made up profession of psychiatry agrees that pedophiles are generally NOT rehabilitatable (is that a word? most likely not, but you get it) But on the other hand I have seen in my past career numerous allegations of child molestation that were NOT, and alleged rapes, that were NOT. Most of these FALSE allegations came out of local governmental offices such as Dept. of Human Services, and Child Protective Services, where the only real requirement for employment was some type of College Degree.
On the other hand, a former, now deceased, co worker, took a statement (confession) from a 23 year old white male, where the suspect described how he KNEW that the six month old girl he molested "enjoyed the sex" by the look on her face. Yes, he went to the pen, but is most likely out now, as he got less than 20 years, and this was in 1982. He is likely walkin the streets somewhere here in Texas. He should have been put down.
As far as the Death Penalty I am fully in favor of it, PROVIDED that all avenues of proof have been chased to the fullest, but having much experience in the investigative side, I have seen prosecutors hold back evidence that might damage his case, as well as defense lawyers hold back proof of guilt. So with lawyers involved on both sides, and with said egos wanting to win, it is much like jockeys at a race track, taking turns winning for the bonuses, with the horse having little to do with the actual race, other than providing transportation.
As Ron White said, "Down here in Texas if you kill someone, we will kill you back". I agree with this joke. I have arrested folks that needed arrested, should never have been arrested, proved to be guilty, and proved to be falsely accused,  and I have met numerous folks during my career that truly needed killing.
A more recent example of the later, would be the killing of the Colorado Warden, and the wounding of the Texas law officer by the same man. He was released due to a PAPER ERROR, and killed two people in Colorado, and tried to kill others in Texas before being killed himself.
It is expensive, and troublesome to feed a dog that bites for no reason, and putting said dog down before someone gets bit AGAIN, makes more sense.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett