Author Topic: Cali gov signs bill to speed up gun confiscations.  (Read 3389 times)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Cali gov signs bill to speed up gun confiscations.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
Not Maywood, nor is it the rock pile that my club built.
I will PM you and tell you about the club if you want.  It is on private land the club ownes off Lake Mathews Drive. 

Offline FPH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
  California residents can drive in and out of Mexico, multiple times per day, without even showing a driver's license.\

You may be able to get into Mexico without a passport, but you ain't gettin back to the USA without one.

Simply incorrect.  I have NEVER been issued a passport by ANY country.  I have crossed in and out of the USA at San Ysidro and Calexico.

When?  Heck I use (operative word use) to cross back and forth on a daily bases......try it Monday.  I don't go to Mexica aymore since they started killing about 10,000 folks a year.

Late 80's & 90's.  Not since.  Even had my car searched at San Ysidro by pre-ICE, pre-DHS, border patrol.  They found my Colt Sporter and three mags (no ammo).  We were detained for several hours while they verified our ID and that rifle had not been reported stolen.  We were granted entry with the rifle and an apology from the station supervisor.

What else were they going to do, turn us away?  San Ysidro station is located IN California.  We both had valid California driver licenses.  My friend was actually born in Costa Rica, but no one asked and he volunteered nothing.

For your weapon infraction you would spend months i prision now.  The even held a Police officer for two weeks here for violating the border with his weapon while in "HOT" pursuit of a stolen vehicle.

Those guys did not even suggest an infraction for the rifle.  What could it possibly be?  It was stored in the trunk.  They found nothing else and let us roll.

Here, you would have been checked by the Mexican police.......jailed and spent a minimum of 1yr in jail until they ruled on your case......even if it was an accident.  Keep in mind we have a high murder, kidnapping for ransom rate here.  Dallas trucker,  just went through this.

Offline powderman

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
Here, you would have been checked by the Mexican police.......jailed and spent a minimum of 1yr in jail until they ruled on your case......even if it was an accident.  Keep in mind we have a high murder, kidnapping for ransom rate here.  Dallas trucker,  just went through this. 
     FPH. Just curious where HERE is?? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline FPH

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
El Paso/Juarez

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »
The bill authorizes $24 million for the state Department of Justice's Armed and Prohibited Persons program. The money will go to hire more agents to confiscate the weapons and reduce the backlog over the next three years.

Know what's kinda silly about all this? The officers involved in the program don't generally stop by with search warrant in hand; they knock on doors and ask "do you by chance still have that Glock you purchased in 2003, Mr. Felonious?" "May I please come inside and look for it?"

All Mr. Felonious has to do is say "no, I don't & no, you can't" and the officers will be on their way. Of course, if they have probable cause to indicate that the gun is in the house, they will come with a warrant. But that's only in a tiny percentage of cases.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:55 AM »
In the state of CA.........if they find a handgun in your posetion that is not registered to you, they confiscate it.

Firearm (including handgun) registration in CA is strictly voluntary. They cannot confiscate your handgun simply because it is not registered to you...

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Voluntary_Registration

You may send in this form along with $19 to register all of your firearms with the CA DOJ if you'd like...

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf

If you inherit a pistol......you have to pay a fee and do a self registration for all handguns.

Nope. Submit this form along with $19. Unlike the form above, it does not actually "register" the handgun to you...

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/oplaw.pdf

The state has a data base of what handgun you own by model and serial .  They also have a data base if you wanted to buy a long gun, but may not have the model and serial depending on the year you requested fro mthe state a back ground check.

CA doesn't maintain any such databases. However, you can place yourself on a database via voluntary registration (see above).

One of the guys at the club reciently was buying a handgun a month for the last year and a half.  thinking the conservitive view of the law as one gun a month as you should buy one a month not limited to one a month,  He was going to mexico for his wifes family stuff.  The police showed up  with a warrant and want to see all the handguns he had purchased over the last 18 months as they thought he was muling guns there.

We are indeed limited by law to one "application to purchase" per month for handguns in CA.

If this happened, the person was under criminal investigation prior to said incident. No judge would issue a warrant otherwise.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 02:48:01 AM »
  California residents can drive in and out of Mexico, multiple times per day, without even showing a driver's license.\

You may be able to get into Mexico without a passport, but you ain't gettin back to the USA without one.

Simply incorrect.  I have NEVER been issued a passport by ANY country.  I have crossed in and out of the USA at San Ysidro and Calexico.

When?  Heck I use (operative word use) to cross back and forth on a daily bases......try it Monday.  I don't go to Mexica aymore since they started killing about 10,000 folks a year.

Late 80's & 90's.  Not since.  Even had my car searched at San Ysidro by pre-ICE, pre-DHS, border patrol.  They found my Colt Sporter and three mags (no ammo).  We were detained for several hours while they verified our ID and that rifle had not been reported stolen.  We were granted entry with the rifle and an apology from the station supervisor.

What else were they going to do, turn us away?  San Ysidro station is located IN California.  We both had valid California driver licenses.  My friend was actually born in Costa Rica, but no one asked and he volunteered nothing.

For your weapon infraction you would spend months i prision now.  The even held a Police officer for two weeks here for violating the border with his weapon while in "HOT" pursuit of a stolen vehicle.

Those guys did not even suggest an infraction for the rifle.  What could it possibly be?  It was stored in the trunk.  They found nothing else and let us roll.

Have not been to Mexico in many years.  But have never been stopped entering Mexico.  Only upon return to the USA.  At the time, Baja was a favorite location for off-road enthusiasts.  Not just competitors, but all sorts of recreational types too.  Also university students on break, etc.  Mexican authorities did not need to search anyone.  They already knew what Californians brought across their border: US dollars. 

For me, it's difficult to imagine Mexico any other way.  Sure, it always had a superficial police state veneer, but in practice, the place was as freewheeling as anywhere I'd ever been.  That' my memory, anyway.
Lizzie-Six

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 03:03:32 AM »
I will PM you and tell you about the club if you want.  It is on private land the club ownes off Lake Mathews Drive.

Sometimes I visit my girlfriend who lives in Gavilan Hills.  We ride our mountain bikes all around Lake Mathews area, mostly south of Cajalco.  Can't recall hearing much shooting out there lately, except my own Mark II that we sometimes fire on our little MWD "range". :-X
Lizzie-Six

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 03:04:08 AM »
Lizzie-Six

Offline FPH

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
Before you enter Mexico, we have large signs which warn you that it is illegal to bring firearms or ammunition into Mexico.  You will not be searched entering Mexico, but you stand a good chance being searched on your return trip.  The authorities are also looking for banned food (more of a problem than you might think),alcohol ( amount you bring back untaxed),and drugs.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »
Wonder where they will find agents to work for a paycheck that will likely bounce......................................
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline Lizzie-6

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »
Wonder where they will find agents to work for a paycheck that will likely bounce......................................

There are parts of the Free and Sovereign State of Baja California where they don't NEED no stinking paychecks.
Lizzie-Six

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
They get paid by what they confiscate. :o gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 12:59:54 AM »
My only question is, since it is technically illegal for them to create a database of registration, what databases will they use.  The hunting license is one, as mentioned, but they could be using a bow.....

I really want guns out of the hands of those who should not have them, but I find myself distrustful of those who make that distinction....

Ben

Personally I like the system we see in old western movies where the guy has done his stretch in Yuma Prison and as he walks out the gate the warden hands him back his gun. I know that probably never really happened but I do think that a person who has served his time, paid his "debt to society" should be again endowed with all rights of citizenship including his right to bear arms.

EXACTLY!
Nice to know that there are others that don't believe in taking the rights from a free man.
To many gun owners are for gun control to one degree or the other.
1. X-FELONS DON'T NEED THEM
2.No reason for high  cap. magazines
3.No reason for the dreaded black rifles!!
4.No reason for full automatic weapons
5.No reason for a short barrel rifle or shotgun
6.No reason for a handgun.
7.No reason to carry a handgun around in public
8. No reason NOT to register all guns.
If anyone agrees with any one of these, then they are for gun control and taking rights away from a free American citizen.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 04:02:56 AM »
EXACTLY!
Nice to know that there are others that don't believe in taking the rights from a free man.
To many gun owners are for gun control to one degree or the other.
1. X-FELONS DON'T NEED THEM
2.No reason for high  cap. magazines
3.No reason for the dreaded black rifles!!
4.No reason for full automatic weapons
5.No reason for a short barrel rifle or shotgun
6.No reason for a handgun.
7.No reason to carry a handgun around in public
8. No reason NOT to register all guns.
If anyone agrees with any one of these, then they are for gun control and taking rights away from a free American citizen.

**************************************************************************************
I agree! Any form of gun control is just that. We never need Government telling citizens who can, and cannot own a gun or any other form of self defense.
Everyone has the God given right to defend themselves or their loved ones.(With a gun or any weapon)I don't give a rat's petunia if my neighbor has served time in prison, had a restraining order against them, PTSD or any other so called reason why they shouldn't own one.Never, Never give a gun grabber one little foot hold on the second amendment.
Anyone IMO has the right to keep and bear arms if not in prison.If they are so bad they cannot be trusted to do so...............Lock the door and throw away the key.We all know and agree you cannot keep firearms from a criminal who could care less about a law.Why should we have a law requiring ANY registration of a firearm?Why pass any law that only hurts the good guy?
I've known a few people who would walk through a wall of fire to try and save a fellow human. Two come to mind, who served time in prison.They made mistakes in their youth that landed them there. Tell me they don't have the right to defend themselves or family? I don't buy it! Those that do, are part of the reason we are in this sorry mess we find ourselves in today with our elected leaders trying to totally disarm  ALL American citizens.
California is a lost cause! (At least Southern Cal)It should be quarantined,treated like the pox before it infects the whole country LOL!
I can say that because the last love one I have that lived in that insane asylum, has fled it's tentacles ;)
I won't be part of any group or organization that believes a little gun control is fine, and think I'm doing my part in securing the second amendment.I totally agree........ To many gun owners are for gun control to one degree or another.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
I disagree with the X Fellon. 
One I do not think there is such a thing as an X fellon. 
If you are an X fellon then you are no longer a fellon and all rights are restored to you.
If you are a fellon, clearly society has deemed that you are not to be trusted with a firearm.
How does this work,
Gee the Warden hands the Bank robber $300  he earned working in the prison at $.03 an hour and he goes out a buys a handgun, legally, and with it and robs a new bank, and then not wanting to go back to prison shoots it out with police. 

Offline FPH

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »
One I do not think there is such a thing as an X fellon. 
If you are an X fellon then you are no longer a fellon and all rights are restored to you.
If you are a fellon, clearly society has deemed that you are not to be trusted with a firearm.
How does this work,
Gee the Warden hands the Bank robber $300  he earned working in the prison at $.03 an hour and he goes out a buys a handgun, legally, and with it and robs a new bank, and then not wanting to go back to prison shoots it out with police.

I agree......part of your punishment for being a Felon.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 07:57:33 AM »

So seeing that it is illegal for the x-felon to own a gun.
You think he'll scrap the idea of robbing a bank, because it is against the law for him to have a gun :o
And he don't want to break any laws! (AT LEAST NOT WHILE ROBBING A BANK)

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »

So if he can't ever be trusted.
Why let him out of prison?
And why should you be allowed to defend you and your's while he can't?
And have you ever broken any law in your life? ( fight, speeding , disorderly conduct)
If so , then you have shown you can not be trusted to obey the law ,, and maybe it isn't safe with you running around with a gun either!

Offline FPH

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »

So seeing that it is illegal for the x-felon to own a gun.
You think he'll scrap the idea of robbing a bank, because it is against the law for him to have a gun :o
And he don't want to break any laws! (AT LEAST NOT WHILE ROBBING A BANK)

Or maybe he will be busted for buying and possessing an illegal weapon before he can uses it. 

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 08:05:36 AM »

Or maybe he will be busted for buying and possessing an illegal weapon before he can uses it.

Good idea,, maybe they could outlaw all guns before anyone can use one in a crime!

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »
When you start taking "rights' away from people .Those "rights" become nothing more than "privileges."

Offline FPH

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »

So if he can't ever be trusted.
Why let him out of prison?
And why should you be allowed to defend you and your's while he can't?
And have you ever broken any law in your life? ( fight, speeding , disorderly conduct)
If so , then you have shown you can not be trusted to obey the law ,, and maybe it isn't safe with you running around with a gun either!

I've never been convicted of anything.  Inability to own weapons is part of the punishment. (you remember con The felon puts his family in danger because he can't have a weapon ( you remember consequences?).......to bad so sad.......he should have thought of that before he did the crime........major difference between speeding and a felony.  I have friends who are felons due to drugs......no gun is part of the price you pay for illegal activity.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Maybe felons cases should be reviewed and acted on individually by some type of judge or review board. I would have concerns with a felon that has had a previous history of violence. On the other hand I had a friend in my college days that accidentally rear ended an 80+ year old man's car at about 20mph. It broke the man's neck and killed him. My friend was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. He never had to serve any time but he is now a felon. There is no reason not to trust him with a firearm.
GuzziJohn

Offline FPH

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
Maybe felons cases should be reviewed and acted on individually by some type of judge or review board. I would have concerns with a felon that has had a previous history of violence. On the other hand I had a friend in my college days that accidentally rear ended an 80+ year old man's car at about 20mph. It broke the man's neck and killed him. My friend was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. He never had to serve any time but he is now a felon. There is no reason not to trust him with a firearm.
GuzziJohn

On that I would agree.......I know some guys that were convicted under archaic drug laws of the 60's, and I know some guys that were convicted of bodily harm type offenses.

Offline FPH

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »
When you start taking "rights' away from people .Those "rights" become nothing more than "privileges."

Sometimes you loose your rights by your own hand.

Offline FPH

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »

Good idea,, maybe they could outlaw all guns before anyone can use one in a crime!

And maybe you are taking your argument to an absurd point.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »

Noooo, you are the one that wants to take away someone's gun ...before they can commit a crime with it.
It's a slippery slope you are heading down when you take someone's rights away.
Why do you think that the right to keep and bear arms is a privilege?
btw-If my church said it is wrong to pay taxes and I was jailed for not paying taxes.
When I get out, should I be banned from going to the church?

Offline FPH

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »

Noooo, you are the one that wants to take away someone's gun ...before they can commit a crime with it.
btw-If my church said it is wrong to pay taxes and I was jailed for not paying taxes.

Your Felon already committed a crime and gave up his right to own a weapon.....that was the felons choice and he or she is suffering the cosequinces which were part of that decision......who said anything about a privilege but you?

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »

Your Felon already committed a crime and gave up his right to own a weapon.....that was the felons choice and he or she is suffering the cosequinces which were part of that decision......who said anything about a privilege but you?
You did.
You think the government can take a right.
They can only take it if it is a privilege.
And if you think they can take a right ,, then you must think it is ok to deny me my choice of religion if my church does not agree with government policy.
Do you see the difference between a right and a privilege?