Author Topic: Quarter Million  (Read 499 times)

Offline cudatruck

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Quarter Million
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
only 1306 more posts needed on the H&R center fire rifles portion of Graybead Outdoors to pass the Quarter Million posts mark! A few people must really enjoy spending time on their computers swappin info and stories about these rifles. I bet it is a record for any rifle forum dedicated to a single brand. Interesting one of the least expensive rifles has such a devoted following! I am really glad I found my way to this group and am happy to post to help us reach that milestone!

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
Re: Quarter Million
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
You know, the only thing I think about often is: "WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO TRY ONE?"  I certainly obtain an inverse ratio of expense to enjoyment with my Handi's.  ;)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
Many of us were at the NEF forum on the "New England Firearms" site.  But when they closed the site, we wondered around for a while then most settled here at Greybeard Outdoors.  GB was very accomadating and gave us an entire section.  Those of us that settled here went out and brought our friends from the old site.  So many of us were already faithful to the Handi, and other guns made by H&R, NEF, H&R 1971, Then Marlin, and now Remington.   My original Handi can hit a gallon milk jug at 700 yards all day long.  The only thing I have done to the gun has been put an O-ring under the forearm, and shoot it.  Scopes are my problem, I keep breaking them. 

Kind of like my H&R Trapdoor Springfield replica too.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline nanuk-O-dah-Nort

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 03:17:54 AM »
I too developed the "Sickness"

I found this place be seeing a referral.   
I had a couple 45/70's I was looking at.

now.... 
Well lets say I have a good start on my "Collection" and in another year or so, I'll probably be Handified!