Author Topic: Problem Solved  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Problem Solved
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »
On a guitar forum I belong to there is a seriously paranoid anti gun crowd that think all guns are evil. It's a good site but just like most sites it has it's share of A-holes. Anyhow this was my answer to their raving;

FOR THE ANTI GUN CROWD

You have convinced me that guns are bad! Therefore I just scolded everything in my gun cabinet! Bad BAD BADDDDDD guns I screamed as I shook my fist at them! They must all be guilty too, proven by the very fact that not one single one of them tried to defend itself! In fact they were so ashamed  of themselve's that not one single gun would even look at me! Nor did they dare move, let alone say a single word back! In fact they were so ashamed of themselve's that they just sat there acting deaf, dumb, blind, and acting paralized like inatimate objects! Gee, imagine my surprise! Please don't worry though, the gun cabinet wasn't forgotten either and is now having to stand in the corner for supporting them! There, everyone feel better now?  ::)

Offline Merle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Problem Solved
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 05:48:45 AM »
On a guitar forum I belong to there is a seriously paranoid anti gun crowd that think all guns are evil. It's a good site but just like most sites it has it's share of A-holes. Anyhow this was my answer to their raving;

FOR THE ANTI GUN CROWD

You have convinced me that guns are bad! Therefore I just scolded everything in my gun cabinet! Bad BAD BADDDDDD guns I screamed as I shook my fist at them! They must all be guilty too, proven by the very fact that not one single one of them tried to defend itself! In fact they were so ashamed  of themselve's that not one single gun would even look at me! Nor did they dare move, let alone say a single word back! In fact they were so ashamed of themselve's that they just sat there acting deaf, dumb, blind, and acting paralized like inatimate objects! Gee, imagine my surprise! Please don't worry though, the gun cabinet wasn't forgotten either and is now having to stand in the corner for supporting them! There, everyone feel better now?  ::)

So, did you get any feedback yet?
Good job - I hope someone there thinks twice.

;D

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:35 AM »
A lot of sputtering and gibberish is about it. The usual crap. I've since given up on the site.

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
A lot of sputtering and gibberish is about it. The usual crap. I've since given up on the site.

Yeah, no reason to get an ulcer over the unwilling!

::)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:03 AM »
maybe your post was hard to understand ? try bullet points next time  ::)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:37 AM »
not that  ;D  quick one liners they can think about.........
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline cudatruck

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
invite them for a day of shooting! We have taken 6 anti-gun people shooting to date and 4 of those have become gun owners! Nothing converts someones thinking like personal experience!

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
invite them for a day of shooting! We have taken 6 anti-gun people shooting to date and 4 of those have become gun owners! Nothing converts someones thinking like personal experience!

Only if I could use a few of them as targets! ;) lol But your course is a good one. Good on you Bud!

Offline dougk

• Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
I say ban guitars....  I feel my rights are being violated by unregistered guitar carriers....

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
I say ban guitars....  I feel my rights are being violated by unregistered guitar carriers....

If ya want my guitars....ya gotta get past my guns!  ;) ;D

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »
Maybe you should ask them if someone smashed a guitar on stage and it caught the venue on fire and killed 200 people shoud we ban them?  If one rocker smashed his guitar on the drummers head and killed him do we ban all of them, do we make everyone with an electric guitar hand them in?  Do we limit them do 3 strings?  Do we limit the size and we make Ukalalies the only guitars allowed as they do not have the mass ot kill the drummer or lead singer?

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
That's just it Bud. Ya can't tell them anything. Just a lesson in futility to try. I'm much too old and my time to valuable to waste it on the likes of them. I don't need them to enjoy my guitars nor my guns. Been doing just fine for years and no plans to stop. Made my point to them and now they can choke on it. :)

PS, anyone that smashes a perfectly good guitar needs an a@@ kicking!  :o

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »
 Ukalalies?  Aren't they the stringed instrument equivalent to a concealed hand-guitar?  I seem to recall there was an insidious outlaw that went by the name "Tiny Tim" who used to pack one of them.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline bluecow

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59:23 AM »
 ;)
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
Ukalalies?  Aren't they the stringed instrument equivalent to a concealed hand-guitar?  I seem to recall there was an insidious outlaw that went by the name "Tiny Tim" who used to pack one of them.
I remember him,
 he tip toed through your tulips and anoyed people to death.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
And the last time I saw him he was" Tip Toeing Through The Tulips"!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:59 AM »
Having a gun and carrying a gun doesn't mean you will survive a home invasion or attack.  Think of the LE people who are intimately familiar with their weapons and have died with it still in the holster.

What the gun does is give you more of a chance.  You will not necessarily win. 

For those people who see no need to have a gun or learn how to use one, they may scoot through life just fine an not face a shoot or die situation.  In fact, the fast majority of people never shoot at a human. 

Also, so many people who want nothing to do with guns will someday wish they had one when it's them or the intruder.  Not many persons who see no need for a gun in the house, will lose that mindset within seconds if the need arises.  The most timid person you know would shoot to kill before he/she permitted serious harm or death to a loved one.  In fact, I think any rational person who believes in staying away from guns, would use one if he had it if a real need came to visit. 

I am presently on a two week vacation.  I didn't want the hassle and risk of checking a gun on the flights, what will all the plane changes and possible airline thieves.  So here I am, as nervous as a cat.  No gun for the first time ever, and that's a long time because I'm old.  Never again.  I know now I'd rather take the chance of it getting lost or stolen and not to have one for two entire weeks.