Author Topic: Another Handi  (Read 416 times)

Offline papadave

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Contributor
Another Handi
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
Stopped at GM over the weekend and ended up buying a 93/94  Whitetails Unlimited edition Handi rifle. It had a 270 barrel on it with no last 3 numbers of the serial on the barrel. No numbers at all. Would this be one that was sent back and fitted? Also has a real nice checkered stock. Put a Weaver Challenger 3x7x32 scope on it. Hope to get out and test it. Also   put some time in with my 30-30 Handi.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Another Handi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:49:28 PM »
If your Handi was manufactured in 93/94, the second letter in your serial number would be: H for 1993, or I for 1994. 

H&R won't fit a barrel for you.  They only fit barrels to rifles made 2000 (prefix P - 2000) and after.  This doesn't mean you can't another barrel yourself.  You can probably find an extra barrel in the caliber you want in the classifieds.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Another Handi
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
OldSchoolRanger means they won't fit any rifle barrels to pre-2000 frames, with a couple exceptions,  they will only fit pre-2000 frames with standard shotgun barrels(no 10ga or 12ga USH), 357mag, 44mag or the chambering that was originally fitted when new(as a replacement for a defective barrel), see the years marked in red in the FAQs build year list.

Most barrel underlugs are marked on the left side with the last three or four digits of the frame serial number, some aren't, but they can still be factory fitted, I have a couple that are factory with no number at all on the underlug. If the barrel is marked with a number that doesn't match, it was done by someone else.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,26264.msg503417.html#msg503417

http://www.hr1871.com/support/accessoryprogram.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain