Author Topic: Speaking of intrusive government....  (Read 534 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Speaking of intrusive government....
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:00:58 AM »
  Have you ever heard of or read about any government being this intrusive ?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/congressman-irs-asked-pro-life-group-about-the-content-of-their-prayers/article/2529924   

I don't recall ever reading about this kind of  prying..not even by the KGB in  the "Gulag Archipelago"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Speaking of intrusive government....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:26:28 AM »
The IRS scandal, Benghazi, and wiretapping. Its what the beginning of tyranny looks like, and its only the beginning of whats to come. Its plainly how dictatorships act. Citizens haven't been rounded up yet and put in camps. Thats saved for a later date. Great oaks do grow from little acorns.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:54:28 AM »
I guess this is the next logical step...

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 03:21:00 AM »
They tried to take our guns..unsuccessfully so far..so they are working against the ammo, after having  bout billions of rounds for themselves.
  Suddenly, this doesn't seem quite so far-fetched..
    http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/04/leaked-army-manual-outlines-civilian-fema-internment-camps-2616806.html
  Check out the 3 min video..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 03:36:42 AM »
Miller Say's he can't speak to that one? One huge problem is these guy's have done so much wrong for so long that we will believe about anything they are acussed of.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 03:44:38 AM »
another frightening aspect that's happening is that teachers in elementary school level are now advocating that children be indoctrinated to "Give up some of their liberty for security."

sounds like the old "Better Red than dead" mantra of a by-gone era that nearly ripped us apart.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 03:53:59 AM »
another frightening aspect that's happening is that teachers in elementary school level are now advocating that children be indoctrinated to "Give up some of their liberty for security."

sounds like the old "Better Red than dead" mantra of a by-gone era that nearly ripped us apart.

I have always believed that letting government gain control over our education system is by far the biggest mistake we have made. Indoctrinate, and grab the minds of the young, and they will be subjects forever. Its pretty sad the product that our schools have been turning out, and that includes our schools of higher learning. This has been going on for years. Its just that the indoctrination process has been ramping up, due to the increasing ignorance of our nation. If you don't know. How could there be anything wrong? Right?
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 03:56:58 AM »
" Better Red than dead" was a coward's mantra back then ..just as the "give up some of your rights" is now!  The Left has long had a love affair with communism..and it is starting to raise it's head once more..
  Note that video.. the Field Manual headlined.. FM 3-39.40  ...  was published in Feb 2010.. just about a year after Obama's coronation...

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 04:21:44 AM »
Along with increasing ignorance, sprouts the idea that government has to protect us from everything, and for that idea to take place, we are required to forfeit our liberty. Hence we vote for people that are willing to strip our rights in the trade of taking care of us. 

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
And then there is the government that strips your rights and then rapes you; it's called Obamunism.
Swingem

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 05:12:49 AM »
I guess Obummer has been given a free pass on the "Fast and Furious" scandal. It's not being included on the list of scandals even though Americans have been killed by the guns that Obummer sold to the cartels.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 06:07:31 AM »
And then there is the government that strips your rights and then rapes you; it's called Obamunism.

It's called by many names. You could call it Roman ism. Or many other Ism's. It's not new.All Governments become intrusive and Despotic in time. It's the nature of the beast.Complacency allows it to happen every century or so.
It would seem it has to reach these levels of control before the citizens really come together to do anything about it.History teaches this. The PTB (Powers That Be) know this and take advantage of the herd mentality.
You can blame Obama for what we are seeing from our Government today, but truth is the fault lies with us.All of us.The Obama's are always going to be with us. They are the hirelings of the real power.They only appear to be in charge.Looking back over the last 50 years or so, I see every President, and Reps in DC, even at state levels being worse than the ones who came before.Even John Kennedy......A dreaded Democrat would be more Conservative than a Republican Senator or President today (J. McCain or GW)
This next generation will more than likely have to use force to gain control of their lives again.
Nothing new!Just another page.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »
I don't believe that each successive regime is always worse than what preceded it.  No way was GWB as bad as Clinton.  No way was Ike worse than Truman.  No way was Nixon as bad as Johnson.  No way was Ford as bad as Nixon.   And no way is it likely that whatever comes next will be as bad as the Obamanation.
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
I don't believe that each successive regime is always worse than what preceded it.  No way was GWB as bad as Clinton.  No way was Ike worse than Truman.  No way was Nixon as bad as Johnson.  No way was Ford as bad as Nixon.   And no way is it likely that whatever comes next will be as bad as the Obamanation.

I don't pretend to know it all, or any at all............Just an opinion. We all have one and that is all they are. You give Johnson and Nixon  as examples. Both were terrible. Nixon......Well we all know what happened to him and his entire Adm.Johnson gave us an unnecessary war and even more than likely got away with Murder.Again an opinion. Jackie Kennedy Onassis had the same opinion also. Wrote about it.

GW's Dad ........Former CIA. Started the Iraq thing. He was a leader of the New World Order.GW gave us continual needless wars and then implemented the most Draconian Department this country has ever seen.Still being used today by the new goon in charge. I think we all know what that  department is. ;) The modern version of the Gestapo . The snowball gets bigger as it slides down the slope.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.